Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is the results I've gotten with microneedling with dermapen and head massage with a massage tool.
https://imgur.com/a/zjA49r9
Since the 'after' pic I've also started using minoxidil twice a day to hopefully improve it further (I had used it previously earlier in the year for a very brief period, I stopped after reading wesconsi/khalilyousifs experimentation with seti and was planning on doing that, but never followed through)

Good pictures, moderate yet undeniable improvement.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is the results I've gotten with microneedling with dermapen and head massage with a massage tool.
Since the 'after' pic I've also started using minoxidil twice a day to hopefully improve it further (I had used it previously earlier in the year for a very brief period, I stopped after reading wesconsi/khalilyousifs experimentation with seti and was planning on doing that, but never followed through)
Damn, those aren't even a month apart from each other, correct? That is some solid improvement. What is the massage tool?
Also, love how there's always the one dicktit commenting to just shave it off.

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score

That bald patch to the upper right of center in the photo definitely looks like regrowth to me, and I'm usually terrible at seeing some changes people make claims about.

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Awsome! I'm also one of those guys who is very bad at observing and spotting mild regrowth, but I clearly see it. I think that buzzing your hair is really helpful in other to unambiguously visualize regrowth.
There is a mostly bald area in your before pic (at the right of your crown) that got covered in vellus hair, and it's already making a cosmetically significant impact. There's no doubt you are one of the early good responder. Congrats man. I hope we all can get the same luck.

J0ker

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Well that's amazing regrowth regardless of how long it took... but less than 1 month? That's insane. I also have a scalp brush that I started doing scalp massages with, and also am coming up on the 1 month mark of derma stamping. Care to show us what tool you are using?

inmyhead

Reaction score

What the f***

Headdy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing.
Can you tell us the frequency / length you've been needling and scalp masage regime?

blighte

My Regimen
Reaction score
panasonic EH-HE99 for head massage twice daily and Ultima A6 Dr.Pen Derma Pen at 1.5mm once a week. I've been doing this for probably 3 months or so, adding minoxidil 2x daily and buzzed my head again last night to 1/8" (shorter than in the pictures I posted) as I find it helpful when putting the liquid on.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
panasonic EH-HE99 for head massage twice daily and Ultima A6 Dr.Pen Derma Pen at 1.5mm once a week. I've been doing this for probably 3 months or so, adding minoxidil 2x daily and buzzed my head again last night to 1/8" (shorter than in the pictures I posted) as I find it helpful when putting the liquid on.
Thank you very much, man. Happy for your progress!

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you start minoxidil and microneedling at the same time?

blighte

My Regimen
Reaction score
ive been needling/massaging for 3months+ now, started minoxidil on 20/11. The after pic is a week or so before that.

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That scalp massager seems nice, but quite expensive. There are way cheapers ones out there. Don't they all work the same anyway?

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im using my hands and its working. Guys. Just go 1.5mm / 2mm once a week and 5-20min scalp massage everyday
That is what I'll be doing. Well, 2 mm every 2 weeks.
Do you massage the day after your needling session?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
The dr.pen ultima a6 pens are really crap quality, first one i bought wasn't working now the second ones power button/speed button has stopped working. I have only used the thing twice sigh, im not spending another £60 on one. If i screw the battery in it starts but i can't turn it off or adjust the speed with the button, guess i will have to make do with the lowest speed setting.

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing this. The fact that there can be non-responders is something very important we have to consider,and the user you mentioned is hinting that. Hopefully he can tell us his story so we can know exactly what he did.
Honestly I wasn't aware of users who didn't respond to long term needling. This is sad, but it is a reality and a possibility that we all must be prepared for. As I said once in another thread, there will always be non-responders to every single treatment, even if they are a small percentage, so I think it's reasonable to think that they also exist for microneedling. Given the relatively small quantity of available evidence, though, we should expect that non responders are a small minority, because in the published studies almost all (if not the totality of them) of the subjects got better.

And of course, don't get discouraged. I still think that we should do this for a year at least to assess whether we are responding or not, so the only way to know is to adhere and wait VERY patiently.
I hope, if this doesn't give me regrowth even in the long term, that at least it could provide decent maintenance.
I think the one variable that we don’t know is how thorough and consistent people were. People can lie to themselves about how consistent they actually were, while missing weeks here and there. To your point, the I would be more apt to rely on the study, because the consistency is there.

Wergi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll give it a read in a while, though keep in mind I 'm not that well educated in the field of oncology.

Thanks. Wanted to know whether it makes any sense. Maybe I'll try to send an email to the author.