Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
holy sh*t dude I was going to try this on my face now I'm not sure
You shouldn't have an issue if you have proper hygiene, but yeah... Goddamn.

Adam12a

My Regimen
Reaction score
I used the dermapen on my head and face, no problems here. I clean the needles in 99% Alcohol before and after use. I use the needle twice then use a new one.

keepit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I used the dermapen on my head and face, no problems here. I clean the needles in 99% Alcohol before and after use. I use the needle twice then use a new one.
Do you think these needles get blunt after a while.I was thinking about getting a 6 or 9 pin cartilage for easier penetration

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you think these needles get blunt after a while.I was thinking about getting a 6 or 9 pin cartilage for easier penetration

Bluntness is less of a concern because of the less traumatic nature of the pen as opposed to the potential for tearing with a roller. The thinness of the needle keeps the wound tiny so it's still effective. Bluntness could possibly cause more pain-as we know from cutting ourselves with a dull knife or razor compared to a very sharp one.
Most important is the integrity of the steel in these needles, that is how long can they used and chemically treated (Chloramine T as rec. by Vaughters derminator) before one of the 12 needles breaks off in your head. I would be good to know what the alloy is in these things and what is used in the base to secure the needles the cartridge. I was going to email the Derminator people and ask but haven't had time yet. Seems like they have a huge upshot in sales because of this forum and these questions are reasonable and should readily be addressed by them.

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
sh*t! this makes me paranoid about using a needle twice now.

I dermaroll for nearly 2 years I never had any issues.. and I go 1,5mm... Some here have been using this for 5years and more...
like said above, hygienne is key. But I will also add you have to let the skin recovers. Min 7days.
If you really fear the use you can go to a dermatologist, esthetician... you will find some who use far more advanced devices than us: such as fractional radiofrequency microneedling which is a bonus because its too expensive to buy but you will find some who offer just dermastamp sessions but since you can do it yourself.....

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I dermaroll for nearly 2 years I never had any issues.. and I go 1,5mm... Some here have been using this for 5years and more...
like said above, hygienne is key. But I will also add you have to let the skin recovers. Min 7days.
If you really fear the use you can go to a dermatologist, esthetician... you will find some who use far more advanced devices than us: such as fractional radiofrequency microneedling which is a bonus because its too expensive to buy but you will find some who offer just dermastamp sessions for a cheaper price...

How has it worked for you? Also still doing it once a week?

bigjimmy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you really fear the use you can go to a dermatologist, esthetician... you will find some who use far more advanced devices than us: such as fractional radiofrequency microneedling which is a bonus because its too expensive to buy but you will find some who offer just dermastamp sessions but since you can do it yourself.....

I am using the Derminator at 2mm, I cleaned my cartridges with alcohol wipes and a little hand sanitizer.

I don’t have a problem needling myself, was just unsure about the hygiene aspect.

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am using the Derminator at 2mm, I cleaned my cartridges with alcohol wipes and a little hand sanitizer.

I don’t have a problem needling myself, was just unsure about the hygiene aspect.

I am not sure about the woman on that picture, but yeah, hygiene is super important.

About microneedling the face. To be as safe as possible, wash your face beforehand. Make sure it's clean. Then use new sterilized needles every single time. Spray some alcohol on that sh*t just to be safe. Do not apply anything on your face afterwards. Just let the redness go away by itself. Shouldn't be a problem if you do it this way.

Same goes when you do it on your scalp.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Small hair on my temples are definitely growing. But it's mostly on my left temple for some reason? I think I need to take a picture with a dslr camera or something just to get a better look.
My hair loss is more advanced on my right temple. Maybe it's the same for you and that's why?
once I have established I am a responder I will definitely look to have it done professionally.
Great idea. I'd do the same, but I'm probably too broke to afford it.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
It doesn't work like that. for healthy/unhealthy nutrition it takes months for something that small as hair to take effect. Just because you went drinking one night didn't cause your hair shed the next morning. It takes dedication either good or bad to have real impact on your hair.

My guess is people here are self diagnosing male pattern baldness a little too early, especially if someone is <20 years of age. If you want to conduct this community trial properly, everyone involved should rule out other common reasons for baldness. Thyroid dysfunction, weak nutrition, anemia is just a simple blood test.
I’m not sure about all that, all I know is how my scalp feels a few hours after eating junk food. It doesn’t happen when I’m on my green smoothie and Vit B complex.

bigjimmy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am not sure about the woman on that picture, but yeah, hygiene is super important.

About microneedling the face. To be as safe as possible, wash your face beforehand. Make sure it's clean. Then use new sterilized needles every single time. Spray some alcohol on that sh*t just to be safe. Do not apply anything on your face afterwards. Just let the redness go away by itself. Shouldn't be a problem if you do it this way.

Same goes when you do it on your scalp.

I do my forehead before my scalp as I have deep lines on there, but I wipe my face and scalp with the alcohol wipes beforehand.

keepit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Small hair on my temples are definitely growing. But it's mostly on my left temple for some reason? I think I need to take a picture with a dslr camera or something just to get a better look.
How about your hair has it thickened overall since needling

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How about your hair has it thickened overall since needling

Honestly I am not sure. I started needling with a shaved head about 1,5 months ago so my hair is still pretty short at the moment. I think I'll have a better ideas when it grows out a bit more. At the moment I would say it does feel thicker and looks darker, but still too early.