Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
From the information we have, rolling heavy with 1.5mm every week is almost definitely far too much. Microneedling clinics recommend at least 4 to 6 weeks between those treatments, and they want to get you through the door as often as possible. Even the hard rollers in the old thread didn't eventually go below 2 weeks.

View attachment 105150

And we have to keep in mind that our goal is not skin rejuvenation per se, but treating Androgenetic Alopecia. The Follica idea of deep wounding with manipulation of the wounding process with fgf9 to prevent it going into scar formation is not what we're doing with microneedling. Ripping your head up every 7 days and feeling like you've just put a good session in at the gym is not how you should be thinking about this. That could be like doing heavy deadlifts everyday thinking you're going to get ripped when you're more likely going to get fucked.

Also, it could be microneedling works more like shorting a circuit that tricks the healing process into action

View attachment 105151

"When a medical grade, non-traumatic microneedle, preferably made from stainless steel, enters the SC and is pushed into the electrolyte of the intercellular space, the only possible reaction is a short circuit of the endogenous electric fields"

"Non-traumatic microneedles with a preferable tip radius of not more than 2–3 μm do not create a classical wound that bleeds."

"Figuratively speaking, an ordinary hypodermic needle merely “pushes” cells aside. In a classical wound usually bleeding occurs from punctured or cut vessels. In contrast during microneedling there is minimal to no bleeding since only capillaries are punctured. Never-the-less, the mild trauma to the skin results in a mild inflammatory response, likely due to bradykinins and histamine release from mast cells."

Hm this is a bit concerning. Perhaps I should wait more than 7 days? One thing that makes me think that is the fact that I still have some flaking by day 7. Maybe start again when the flaking is gone? Not sure.

But then again we all are different and our skin heals differently, so that chart/study is probably not that reliable?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just used it for the first time, very comfortable and easy to glide over your head at the fastest speed setting, quite alot of blood spots but nothing too bad, i used the 36pin cartridge not the 12. Looking forward to the next 6 months. All in all im happy with the purchase, much better than a manual pen.

cratusg

Established Member
Reaction score
Just used it for the first time, very comfortable and easy to glide over your head at the fastest speed setting, quite alot of blood spots but nothing too bad, i used the 36pin cartridge not the 12. Looking forward to the next 6 months. All in all im happy with the purchase, much better than a manual pen.
Are you using only pen or minoxidil too?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Alright! Is the oral version better when it comes to sides?

My face got very bloated using topical minoxidil and light dermarolling like somebodys regime, i don't get that with oral. Im getting desperate though so i may combine both topical and oral for a few months and see what happens.

newguy7

My Regimen
Reaction score
just finished my first session and holy f*** that sh*t hurt pretty good even though i only did 2.0mm at the lowest speed. Not tear in my eye stuff but sh*t lol. I'm gonna try medium speed next time. I can say that my scalp feels very alive rn like i can feel that it's there. hopefully that's a good feeling.
Btw how many of yall are doing it once a week and how many are doing every two weeks?

cratusg

Established Member
Reaction score
just finished my first session and holy f*** that sh*t hurt pretty good even though i only did 2.0mm at the lowest speed. Not tear in my eye stuff but sh*t lol. I'm gonna try medium speed next time. I can say that my scalp feels very alive rn like i can feel that it's there. hopefully that's a good feeling.
Btw how many of yall are doing it once a week and how many are doing every two weeks?

Sweet dude! Im doing every sunday and scalp massage everyday from today

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That is a good sign indeed!
I'll be doing it every 2 weeks at 2 mm.

byebyehair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Precisely! That way we help figure out what's more effective.

You will probably only find out who is the better responder xD.

But to increase the universality of the comunity trial i'll do 2mm microneedling every 2 weeks, i will scalp massage 5 min in the morning 20 min in the evening every day and i will give trinov a shot.

I think we should make a result thread where everyone is only allowed to have one post where they explain their treatment and post their comparisone pictures from baseline to 1 year mark. (this way we have a nice overview without having to go trough conversations between users.) And of course we all like to talk about our experience so we should maybe keep that in this thread :).

Maybe @74775446 has the honor to open this result thread since he is the most experienced still active dermaroller and he allready has a story to tell :)))

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You will probably only find out who is the better responder xD.
Guess that is the more likely outcome, haha. But who knows, maybe we get some clues.
I think we should make a result thread where everyone is only allowed to have one post where they explain their treatment and post their comparisone pictures from baseline to 1 year mark. (this way we have a nice overview without having to go trough conversations between users.) And of course we all like to talk about our experience so we should maybe keep that in this thread :).
I second this. I was actually gonna do just that; post the baseline pics with the 1 year mark pics.

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks like something is definitely happening. what do you think?

Left pic from 5 days ago. Right pic from today. Probably wont post another picture for another month, but I'll definitely take pics daily and save them.

Zi2GDFq.jpg

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guess that is the more likely outcome, haha. But who knows, maybe we get some clues.

I second this. I was actually gonna do just that; post the baseline pics with the 1 year mark pics.

I don’t think this is the right place for it. It’ll become a quagmire of unrelated comments - and admin of this site won’t help to keep it focused - so while I agree I also think it might get destroyed :p

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good job :)
How often did you roll with the 1.5mm and how hard did you press?
Usually once every 6-9 days, it usually completely healed by the 6th, I also just pressed hard enough for the needles to correctly penetrate close to full depth so a moderate pressure.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
What’s the deal with 2mm vs 1.5mm?

Up until recently all the “studies” were 1.5mm once per week - or so I thought.

If the two weekly at 2mm is something somebody thought up here I’d say that’s a risk.

I’m not using minoxidil either.

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What’s the deal with 2mm vs 1.5mm?

Up until recently all the “studies” were 1.5mm once per week - or so I thought.

If the two weekly at 2mm is something somebody thought up here I’d say that’s a risk.

I’m not using minoxidil either.
Nah a lot of the studies I've seen actually use 1.5mm as a minimum and even go up to depths like 2mm. 2.25mm and 2.5mm+ but I wouldn't go too deep for anything at home. Currently using a 2mm stamp and I'm unsure if I'd go any deeper, perhaps I might with a pen.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, the whole 2 mm every 2 weeks thing comes from a study.

keephoping

Reaction score
Took the plunge and got the derminator. Any suggestions on the settings to use and how often to change the cartridge. Thank you in advance. I plan to monitor process and take pictures as well. If you have suggestions for documenting process I will take them as well. The plan is just to use the same aggressive bathroom lighting and take with hair at as close to the same length as I can. Thank you again.