Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

JJL58

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Your Reddit post is deleted. I was wondering if you can repost here or show an archive.

What derma pen do you use? And if it's expensive, can we use a more affordable one with similar / the same results ?

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you guys really use fastest speed with derminator? seems scary to me

I get a better rhythm going across my head at the medium speed. You don't want to start your lateral movement when the needle head is on the downstroke.

inmyhead

Reaction score
I get a better rhythm going across my head at the medium speed. You don't want to start your lateral movement when the needle head is on the downstroke.
I kinda came to same conclusion myself, so that's why i'm asking if guys with results really use fastest speed.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT03491267

Dont know if people have seen this... Im sure those big on follica have its a shame about the 2025 completion date but anyway perhaps adding Retinoic acid to the regime could do something with the wounding?

"The investigators have recently found that retinoids, such as the tretinoin (retin-A) used in acne, can synergize with dsRNA and promote extra Wnt signaling.

The investigators therefore hypothesize that wounding of the area of scarring alopecia in CCCA, using a fractionated CO2 laser in combination with retinoid acid, will induce hair follicle regeneration."
I’m going to try it with Retin A instead of minoxidil.

JJL58

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've made new reddit posts. I can't repost because I don't have it saved and can't remember what it said but all the same info is in here.

Use any dermapen - they're all from China and do the same thing.

Perfect, can I use a derma roller with the same results?

I want to get that one you used, I found it. It's affordable. I was going to get the 2.0mm . This one . It says something about having 540 needles, not sure if that matters

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07K...=1543019951&sr=8-29&keywords=derma+roller+2.0

JJL58

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's the one I used and I got results. I have heard people saying you shouldn't use a 540 needle one but I'm not sure why.

It's something I should look into. Someone on here will know why/if you're not supposed to use a 540 needle one.

Did you initially use the 540 needle version?

telogen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
wouldn't microneedling increase the absorption of the AA topicals some of us use, thus upping the sides?

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My man. Only a six session pleb here. When did you notice regrowth if any? Do you use minoxidil
I had an initial shed, then noticed regrowth after around 2 months, followed by a little shed, a big shed, and more regrowth. Yes im on minoxidil and finasteride.

Omega2327

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's the one I used and I got results. I have heard people saying you shouldn't use a 540 needle one but I'm not sure why.

It's something I should look into. Someone on here will know why/if you're not supposed to use a 540 needle one.
The reason why is because with 540 needles, they are so densely packed that the pressure exerted by each of them is not enough to properly puncture the skin. Same reason why people can lay on a bed of nails going unharmed. If I would have stuck with a dermaroller, I would have gotten the 192 needle roller. But I ended up buying a derminator, which I find to be very effective.

JJL58

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The reason why is because with 540 needles, they are so densely packed that the pressure exerted by each of them is not enough to properly puncture the skin. Same reason why people can lay on a bed of nails going unharmed. If I would have stuck with a dermaroller, I would have gotten the 192 needle roller. But I ended up buying a derminator, which I find to be very effective.

A dermapen is available on wish for like 40 bucks. Can you re use the same needles safely on a dermapen(after soaking in hydrogen peroxide)?

These items are super foreign to me

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A dermapen is available on wish for like 40 bucks. Can you re use the same needles safely on a dermapen(after soaking in hydrogen peroxide)?

Yes, any dermapen works, same mechanics. And yes you can use the same needles but I would recommend changing after 2 or 3 uses - the needles can get dull.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score

All the answers are already here pal :)