Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How many here except me is doing dermapen 2mm without a growth stimulator? Have anyone seen any results yet? 3rd session for me tomorrow.

Love u guys
Me. I haven't started yet, though, but will be doing it soon.

cratusg

Established Member
Reaction score
What other growth stimulator alternatives do we have if dermapenning aint working without one?

RU serious

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What other growth stimulator alternatives do we have if dermapenning aint working without one?

PGE2.

I used to roll fairly heavy with 1.5mm every week without minoxidil, I kept this up consistently for about 3/4 months and saw no improvement. The only pure rolling success story I can remember is that 2young guy? Who completely butchered his head and had a crazy amount of blood flow.

I quit minoxidil ages ago due to facial side effects but I'm wondering if it's worth it to just go all out with heavy wounding and minoxidil, it looks like the winning combination. Could try microneedling the face and collagen creams to counteract the minoxidil side effects.

cratusg

Established Member
Reaction score
PGE2.

I used to roll fairly heavy with 1.5mm every week without minoxidil, I kept this up consistently for about 3/4 months and saw no improvement. The only pure rolling success story I can remember is that 2young guy? Who completely butchered his head and had a crazy amount of blood flow.

I quit minoxidil ages ago due to facial side effects but I'm wondering if it's worth it to just go all out with heavy wounding and minoxidil, it looks like the winning combination. Could try microneedling the face and collagen creams to counteract the minoxidil side effects.

Do you think a dermapen is more accurate and advanced and might give results compared to a roller?

Aliens

Established Member
Reaction score
Guys I have seen someone else asking but do not find the answer.
Is it normal to get flaking several days after microneedling?

Thanks!

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Thanks!
It is, my friend. It appears to be the worst "side effect" of microneedling.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Bill_Russo
How often and how long each time will you scalp massage? I just started with 5min now and gon do 5min min tonight like i would do with minoxidil
At least 20 minutes. 10 in the morning and another 10 before going to sleep. I have yet to figure out how often, as I haven't tried microneedling. Daily would be optimal, but I don't think that's an option.

Francky85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Thanks!

Of course....and unfortunately there isn't much of a way round it...as you are damaging the top few layers of the skin, they peel off just like with sunburn, to be replaced with new skin cells underneath.

Guess it shows you that your are wounding properly.

bboy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
PGE2.

From the information we have, rolling heavy with 1.5mm every week is almost definitely far too much. Microneedling clinics recommend at least 4 to 6 weeks between those treatments, and they want to get you through the door as often as possible. Even the hard rollers in the old thread didn't eventually go below 2 weeks.

Wound-Healing-Graph-2.jpg

And we have to keep in mind that our goal is not skin rejuvenation per se, but treating Androgenetic Alopecia. The Follica idea of deep wounding with manipulation of the wounding process with fgf9 to prevent it going into scar formation is not what we're doing with microneedling. Ripping your head up every 7 days and feeling like you've just put a good session in at the gym is not how you should be thinking about this. That could be like doing heavy deadlifts everyday thinking you're going to get ripped when you're more likely going to get fucked.

Also, it could be microneedling works more like shorting a circuit that tricks the healing process into action

gr3.jpg

"When a medical grade, non-traumatic microneedle, preferably made from stainless steel, enters the SC and is pushed into the electrolyte of the intercellular space, the only possible reaction is a short circuit of the endogenous electric fields"

"Non-traumatic microneedles with a preferable tip radius of not more than 2–3 μm do not create a classical wound that bleeds."

"Figuratively speaking, an ordinary hypodermic needle merely “pushes” cells aside. In a classical wound usually bleeding occurs from punctured or cut vessels. In contrast during microneedling there is minimal to no bleeding since only capillaries are punctured. Never-the-less, the mild trauma to the skin results in a mild inflammatory response, likely due to bradykinins and histamine release from mast cells."

Last edited:

cratusg

Established Member
Reaction score
From the information we have, rolling heavy with 1.5mm every week is almost definitely far too much. Microneedling clinics recommend at least 4 to 6 weeks between those treatments, and they want to get you through the door as often as possible. Even the hard rollers in the old thread didn't eventually go below 2 weeks.

View attachment 105150

And we have to keep in mind that our goal is not skin rejuvenation per se, but treating Androgenetic Alopecia. The Follica idea of deep wounding with manipulation of the wounding process with fgf9 to prevent it going into scar formation is not what we're doing with microneedling. Ripping your head up every 7 days and feeling like you've just put a good session in at the gym is not how you should be thinking about this. That could be like doing heavy deadlifts everyday thinking you're going to get ripped when you're more likely going to get fucked.

Also, it could be microneedling works more like shorting a circuit that tricks the healing process into action

View attachment 105151

"When a medical grade, non-traumatic microneedle, preferably made from stainless steel, enters the SC and is pushed into the electrolyte of the intercellular space, the only possible reaction is a short circuit of the endogenous electric fields"

"Non-traumatic microneedles with a preferable tip radius of not more than 2–3 μm do not create a classical wound that bleeds."

"Figuratively speaking, an ordinary hypodermic needle merely “pushes” cells aside. In a classical wound usually bleeding occurs from punctured or cut vessels. In contrast during microneedling there is minimal to no bleeding since only capillaries are punctured. Never-the-less, the mild trauma to the skin results in a mild inflammatory response, likely due to bradykinins and histamine release from mast cells."

So what is your own plan about this? Im gonna try 2mm once a week without minoxidil for about 8 weeks

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
PGE2.

Yeah there are some ways you can get around it.

First would be to not sleep with minoxidil on your head. Shower before you go to bed. Apply it in the morning instead. That way you wont get that sh*t on your pillow and eventually in your face too.

Next would be to wash your face everytime you apply minoxidil, just to make sure you didn't get any on your face.

Use a good cream (retinol or retin-a). I will probably start using retin-a.

And finally microneedle your face 2-3 times per week.

Vitamin b is good for skin too.

bboy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So what is your own plan about this? Im gonna try 2mm once a week without minoxidil for about 8 weeks

It's your head, but what's the logic behind that?

I'm leaning towards good erythema every 7 - 10 days.

Headdy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here are my results derma rolling for anyone curious, I didn't use minoxidil either. I have been on finasteride for 2 months now but that was to just help keep and expand on my gains. I regrow a decent amount before finasteride, most of the regrowth is from scalp massages, 1.5mm rolling and zinc pyrith + nizoral. My hairline still needs a good amount of regrowing but based on vellus hair it should cap out at NW2 in 6-12 months. I'm coming from a NW4.5 and currently I'm about NW4-3.5 although with some restored density. It's surprising how many people dismiss microneedling as bullshit since it just doesn't work for them

Good job :)
How often did you roll with the 1.5mm and how hard did you press?

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah there are some ways you can get around it.

First would be to not sleep with minoxidil on your head. Shower before you go to bed. Apply it in the morning instead. That way you wont get that sh*t on your pillow and eventually in your face too.

Next would be to wash your face everytime you apply minoxidil, just to make sure you didn't get any on your face.

Use a good cream (retinol or retin-a). I will probably start using retin-a.

And finally microneedle your face 2-3 times per week.

Vitamin b is good for skin too.
2-3 times per week is way too much.

cratusg

Established Member
Reaction score
It's your head, but what's the logic behind that?

I'm leaning towards good erythema every 7 - 10 days.
The logic is that 2 people in this thread are doing once a week derma with + minoxidil and are seeing results. Thats why im gonna do the same minus minoxidil and instead do scalp massage everyday