Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

FinasterideCessation2018

My Regimen
Reaction score
No offense to you but baffles me why people like you are even on a hairloss forum, you have a thick head of hair with a decent hairline, go and live your life man

No problem.

Just to sum it up. I've been on Finasteride since 2001 but stopped using it this April.

Now I'm searching for something to add to my minoxidil/LLLT/Ketoconazole regime. I want to maintain what I have without Finasteride.

The reason I still have decent hair is Finasteride use for 17 years.

Last edited:

keepit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone notice less shiny scalp, actually no shine for me at all maybe it's a good sign

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Give yourself some time if you’re ordering replacement cartridges, i ordered 25 12needle thinking they would be here in a few days..just checked, 7th of Jan :D ...just ordered 10 pieces from the UK, should be here next week.

ImpedingReceding

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So what do you guys do, switch cartridges every time or do you re-use? I just ordered a Derminator 2 and 20 Cartridges to start me off

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No problem.

Just to sum it up. I've been on Finasteride since 2001 but stopped using it this April.

Now I'm searching for something to add to my minoxidil/LLLT/Ketoconazole regime. I want to maintain what I have without Finasteride.

The reason I still have decent hair is Finasteride use for 17 years.
Same story here. Quit finasteride a year ago. Was on since 2001. finasteride stopped working for me. Hopefully this microneedling pics up the slack.

ImpedingReceding

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Those two pictures are taken in the exact same location and way, being with wet hair under the heat lamp after a shower with flash on. I think the first one just looks different since I missed framing it and took it far too close as where the second one is further back which I also think messed with the white balance, I cropped the 2nd one to like a 4th of it's size.

You can see the regrowth the best in my first hairloss album which I posted months ago, I also attached a more recent hairline shot
https://imgur.com/a/AARrnqD

Currently my density is improved but I still have a bald patch on my crown and my hairline is still awful but not quite as bad, I'll probably make my own post on Reddit once I feel my regrowth is significant enough. I've taken lots of pictures and I was doing updates at one stage but I got lazier as my hair got better as the anxiety of hairloss used to drive me.

You actually got regrowth on your temples. I´ve never seen that before in all my years on this forum and people have been putting every god damn random chemical they can on their heads. Just wow. I´ve purchased the derminator 2 and can´t wait to get it.

bigjimmy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So what do you guys do, switch cartridges every time or do you re-use? I just ordered a Derminator 2 and 20 Cartridges to start me off

ordered about 10 cartridges for my Derminator, but they are not as cheap as others and delivery takes a while, so I have strated cleaning the needles with alcohol wipes and a little hand sanitiser, will probaly use a cartridge about 3 times now.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Love that username. @FinasterideCessation2018
You actually got regrowth on your temples. I´ve never seen that before in all my years on this forum and people have been putting every god damn random chemical they can on their heads. Just wow. I´ve purchased the derminator 2 and can´t wait to get it.
And if I'm not mistaken, he didn't even use Minoxidil. Goddamn...
Too bad I didn't find out about this 5 years ago.
Well, it's not too late. I can still stab the sh*t out of those tiny hairs back to life!

lenuam

My Regimen
Reaction score
Taken from the derminator website:

Cartridges should ideally NOT be reused but can be reused on only the SAME patient after disinfection with Ethanol or Chloramine-T according to our instructions. Do not use Dettol - it contains Chloroxylenol, which can dislodge the needles. Disinfection procedure:

1. Blood serum removal: Pour a drop of dishwashing detergent into the cartridge and rinse it out by moving the plunger manually while holding the cartridge under a running tap with warm water.
2. Disinfection: Fill a cup with a cm of fresh, NEVER USED Chloramine-T solution or Ethanol, submerge the cartridge into it and move the plunger a dozen times. Let it sit overnight and the next morning, move the plunger again and let it sit some more hours.
3. Rinsing: Under tap water (tap water in the western world never contains infectious bacteria relevant to dermaneedling), operate the plunger a dozen times.
4. Drying: Re-use the cartridge only after it has fully dried out and you can see no more liquid in the mechanism or inside the silicone membrane.

As their cartridges are a bit more expensive, I guess I’ll use them multiple times following this protocol.

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well my extra cartridges still haven't arrived. Could get them sometime in december. And I only have 1 cartridge left that I have used once already. Think it's safe to reuse it until it comes or atleast once more, or should I just use my roller?

Just ordered 5 from Germany. hopefully arrives sometime next week. f*****g hell, like 4 euros each.

Man the shipping time from China sucks.

Last edited:

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just finished a dermapen session and tried to take a photo from the same angle as a previous one. I think my temples are coming in.

The first picture was taken on 18 May, around 9 weeks after I started.

The second picture was taken 5 minutes ago.

View attachment 105040

View attachment 105042

Got those exact same temple dots you had in May. So regrowth soon hopefully =)

supermusic

Established Member
Reaction score
I tried both devices and prefer the normal roller, It works for me, Specially on the crown, is much cheaper and which the studies were based on. The electronic derma pen get discomfort and headache on me because of the vibrations and noise that it generates in my skull.

Yepesyellow

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
. I was so happy with my results already that I didn't care if they got better, so I stopped checking.

If the temples fill in and there is a marginal increase in overall density, you will for all intents and purposes have entirely reversed your balding; the question is ultimately, how variable are the results? I’d imagine quite a bit, unfortunately.