Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

lenuam

My Regimen
Reaction score
Update on my results..

Took the exact same picture in the same lighting and it turns out it's actually worse :(

That's after 4 weeks 2mm dermapen every week and minoxidil twice a day

Four weeks is way too early to tell. Keep going, try not to stress too much about it and check after 3, 6, 9 months. Just my two cents...

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Four weeks is way too early to tell. Keep going, try not to stress too much about it and check after 3, 6, 9 months. Just my two cents...
Exactly.
Bear in mind that it took 9-12 months for some people to start seeing results, but one thing seems to be consistent here: those who stick with it long enough do see them.
Keep it up and good luck, man.

RU serious

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I did dermarolling a couple years back, overall I wasn't that consistent with it but for the first few months I was. I did it every week for around 3 months and saw no change. Some people are expecting results WAY too quickly especially if it's without minoxidil, so don't quit if after half a year you still see nothing.

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is why community trials fail

There are always those guys who cant even wait 6 months.

The others that want to use some bullshit product (PRP) or rosemary oil (wtf??) instead of really proven stuff like minoxidil or antiandrogens.

Sorry if i sound harsh, but please... check the studies, the successful users, what protocol really worked for them and repeat it:

1.5 mm dermaroller/stamp weekly. Low to moderate intensity.

Use it till some drop of blood appears.

Apply minoxidil right after or wait some time, not more than 24 hs.

Disinfect the tool before and after use with at least 70% ethanol

Wait one year, only great responders see a cosmetically significant improvement before that date.

Last edited:

Aliens

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok I got my dermapen too.
Do you guys think applying minoxidil right after is ok?
Also I have seen some people saying that healing is the thing triggering the regrow, so wouldnt doing it every week too much?
Also I had my first session yesterday. I did not really notice a lot of blood spot but today I notice little red brown spot where I applied the dermapen is that ok (used 1.5 mm).

By the way I still keep using minoxidil and finasteride.

Thanks!

lenuam

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is why community trials fail

There are always those guys who cant even wait 6 months.

The others that want to use some bullshit product (PRP) or rosemary oil (wtf??) instead of really proven stuff like minoxidil or antiandrogens.

Sorry if i sound harsh, but please... check the studies, the successful users, what protocol really worked for them and repeat it:

1.5 mm dermaroller/stamp weekly. Low to moderate intensity.

Use it till some drop of blood appears.

Apply minoxidil right after or wait some time, not more than 24 hs.

Disinfect the tool before and after use with at least 70% ethanol

Wait one year, only great responders see a cosmetically significant improvement before that date.

I'd agree for the most part.
But: minoxidil right after? Personally, I would want to avoid this stuff going systemic as much as possible.

Regarding rosemary oil: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25842469

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Update on my results..

Took the exact same picture in the same lighting and it turns out it's actually worse :(

That's after 4 weeks 2mm dermapen every week and minoxidil twice a day
That’s what I’m worried about.. can it make hairloss worse? I mean whatever is in the blood is still attacking the hair follicles!

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Think it would be safe to use the 12 pin cartridge on my face after/before doing my scalp? Or do I just use it for my scalp and throw it away.

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
anyone applyin a compound right after dermarollin( such as vpa, licl...)??? any result?

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just did my 5th session and 1st time with dermapen. Highest speed at 1.5mm. Didn't hurt at all. Skin turned really red and a few blood spots. I think some of you might press to hard when it's really not needed. But then again some got good success drawing lots of blood too. Who really knows.

Last edited:

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just finished a session also with the Derminator. Feeling really positive. I read on some beauty blog awhile back, this girl does microneedling on her lips to make them fuller and more color. So..... I got the 9 pin head out for the Derminator and went for it on slow speed. Feels great! A couple passes though not like on the scalp. Didn't want to risk getting bloody balloon lips.

Francky85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
On the lips must feel intense no? Very sensitive area.

Im feeling positive too....and my head feels alive....something it hasn't done for 5 or so years and with all these new blonde hairs coming through, something is happening....just hope it continues and progresses.