Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Eazy12

Established Member
Reaction score
I read somewhere that doing this too much can make the scalp unsuitable for a transplant because it thickens it up too much

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anytime, man!
It's so nice to see positive posts this early. Wonder where we'll all be in a year.

When I get mine I wanna do my face and also try it under my eyes, though I'm not sure how to proceed there.

bigjimmy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I read somewhere that doing this too much can make the scalp unsuitable for a transplant because it thickens it up too much

it's good for the skin in general, you just shouldn't do it in the weeks leading up to a transplant for obvious reasons.

bigjimmy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
On the lips must feel intense no? Very sensitive area.

Im feeling positive too....and my head feels alive....something it hasn't done for 5 or so years and with all these new blonde hairs coming through, something is happening....just hope it continues and progresses.

My head feels great, I have done 3 sessions now and It's as if some elasticity is back in my scalp again.

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Today I did my third session (Dermapen, 1.5mm, max speed) and I´m somewhat worried.

At first it somewhat hurt a little bit, especially on my hairline, less in my crown. But today, it did not hurt that much. It still hurts in my hairline. but my hairline has not been severely affected by hairloss as my crown, and now I dont feel a damn thing of pain in my crown. I even went to 2mm and nothing, no significant pain and all I felt was a pleasant massage. Could it be that the scalp of my crown is harder and thicker so that the needles are not penetrating? On my hairline, I did make several little blood dots but I don´t think I achieved that in my damn bald crown. I even took a picture of my crown just after wounding so you guys can tell me if you actually see some redness or blood spots at all. I´m worried that my crown is not being wounded at all. Do you see anything there that I´m missing? I spiked my hair at my crown and took the pic under bright sunlight so you can see my scalp.

I even tried to push the pen very hard in an attempt to penetrate my crown skin, but all I achieved was that my dermapen "froze" for some seconds under that pressure, pressumably because I applied so much force that the motion of the needles were stuck between the base of the pen and my scalp. Anyone else experienced this?

Any insight is welcome guys, I really want to improve my awful looking crown.

Attachments

• Crown.jpg
    Crown.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 594

Francesco17

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Any of you children doing this without minoxidil at the moment?
There is a thread below about microneedling without minoxidil. I am going to do it without it because of side effects, and I have already started with rosemary oil

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
There is a thread below about microneedling without minoxidil. I am going to do it without it because of side effects, and I have already started with rosemary oil
Do you wash the rosemary oil out every morning or evening?

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Any of you children doing this without minoxidil at the moment?
Me, will be doing it without Minoxidil. Only microneedling and scalp massages for a year or so, see how it goes.

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Today I did my third session (Dermapen, 1.5mm, max speed) and I´m somewhat worried.

At first it somewhat hurt a little bit, especially on my hairline, less in my crown. But today, it did not hurt that much. It still hurts in my hairline. but my hairline has not been severely affected by hairloss as my crown, and now I dont feel a damn thing of pain in my crown. I even went to 2mm and nothing, no significant pain and all I felt was a pleasant massage. Could it be that the scalp of my crown is harder and thicker so that the needles are not penetrating? On my hairline, I did make several little blood dots but I don´t think I achieved that in my damn bald crown. I even took a picture of my crown just after wounding so you guys can tell me if you actually see some redness or blood spots at all. I´m worried that my crown is not being wounded at all. Do you see anything there that I´m missing? I spiked my hair at my crown and took the pic under bright sunlight so you can see my scalp.

I even tried to push the pen very hard in an attempt to penetrate my crown skin, but all I achieved was that my dermapen "froze" for some seconds under that pressure, pressumably because I applied so much force that the motion of the needles were stuck between the base of the pen and my scalp. Anyone else experienced this?

Any insight is welcome guys, I really want to improve my awful looking crown.

Just keep the device in contact with the skin the same way all over. The device will do its job exactly the same. The scalp is more tender towards the front on most people compared to the crown due to lightly more nerves in the area. Consistency is the key.

Francesco17

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I believe any type of regrowth from microneedling, no matter how cosmetically useless or slow, is sensational. Officially, minoxidil and finasteride are still the only credited treatments, at least by FDA

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Really don't want to get on finasteride, but I wish this at least maintains if you keep doing it. Still need some form of dht blocker without sides. Probably gonna try either zix or brotzu. Theres not much else to choose from. Ru/seti/cb all too unreliable and expensive.

Last edited:

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Scalp is still red after 24 hours. When I used the roller it used to go away after a few hours. Probably didn't do much. Pen is much more effective for sure.

You´re lucky, bro. My scalp at the crown is apparently kryptonian, because it´s not red at al even though I set the pen to 2mm. Apparently the pen is not strong enough to pierce my skin in that area, which is terribly concerning me. I don´t feel any prolongued pain after the needling sessions (only in the hairline and temples), so I envy you. I need to feel some pain there so I can have hopes of getting regrowth.

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I really think you'e focusing on something that isn't relevant. Some people in this topic said they had so much pain they had to bite a towel, others said they barely felt it and enjoyed it even. You're just on one end of the spectrum.

I hope you are right. The thing is not the lack of pain per se, but the fact that I dont feel them piercing my skin at all, so if there´s no penetration, I´m afraid there is no regrowth. Sadly, there is no way of knowing if there is penetration or not just by tact.

Seems like it's 2013 all over again. And still no before/after pictures.

THat thread got closed in less than 6 months after people actually started the treatment. ANd yet, there were before and after pictures with regrowth, especially those who made their scalps a swamp of blood (reason it got closed). Most of those dudes who got results were also banned. Who knows how their hair look like today after more than 4 years.

Heat06

Established Member
Reaction score
I really think you'e focusing on something that isn't relevant. Some people in this topic said they had so much pain they had to bite a towel, others said they barely felt it and enjoyed it even. You're just on one end of the spectrum.

I am definitely the one that bit on a towel, but that was when I did 2mm on my temples. Hurt like a mofo! However, my crown not so much. My temples turn red, produce scattered blood dots and remain red for days after application. Usually around Day 5 the area starts flaking and peeling.

My crown is a mild red after my session and is tender when using a brush the next 2 days. However, this area does not flake skin like my temple areas. I apply the same speed and pressure to my entire scalp.

I have no problem posting results if I get any. Starting my 4th session tomorrow.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You´re lucky, bro. My scalp at the crown is apparently kryptonian, because it´s not red at al even though I set the pen to 2mm. Apparently the pen is not strong enough to pierce my skin in that area, which is terribly concerning me. I don´t feel any prolongued pain after the needling sessions (only in the hairline and temples), so I envy you. I need to feel some pain there so I can have hopes of getting regrowth.
Try massaging the scalp before a session if you haven't already. Might have to do with it being tight and harder to penetrate.