Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe we should combine it. Redness first week then much harder the following. Or maybe go hard once a month. Just to be safe.

Francky85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
People talking about going hard, before they have even tried standard 1.5mm to 2mm micro needling for at least 12 months...its all conjecture at the moment....I think making your head bleed to that point of 2young2retire is silly and should be discounted until you've done standard practises IMO.

His results are no better than the Reddit chap, but with a lot more pain and chance for infection.

baldlygoing

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I'm hoping to avoid the pain if at all possible lol. Actually at 1.5 it is pretty damn tough to take in the frontal area and at that depth there is no blood, but it does get very red. I can't imagine going above 1.5 with a derminator or pen.

The dermaroller I used was 2.0 but I don't think I was pushing hard enough because even on my face I didn't get "scraped" up like I do at .5 on my face.

opti

Established Member
Reaction score
2young2retire’s results were legendary tbh. If you look up his profile and view his recent posts, you’ll see he posted a picture of his results right before he stopped coming here. Looks like a perfect nw2 after being a nw4. I too think erythmya isn’t enough for regrowth. When I wound I do bleed but just a little bit in certain spots - I may go harder in the future. I’ve noticed during the past month Ive been doing this, my temples are the place where I wound the hardest and also happens to be the first place where I’m seeing results. Maybe because they are more visible than the crown but hairs are definitley lengthening and darkening verrrry slowly. I know the admins might not like this but heavier wounding does seem to bring the best results. I just hope those of you doing heavier wounding are taking every precaution to clean your equipment and prevent scarring of your scalp. I definitely recommend a pen or stamp over a roller for that reason.
Please be careful if you decide to wound hard and be conscious that if you post pictures of a bloody scalp there is a good chance this thread will get locked.
I was one of those also rolling hard years ago, my temples etc. were full of blood. However, i cant recommend this. I think the extra pressure you put in can result in some kind of scarring. In my case it seemed like it disturbed blood vessels to each follice, as some hairs became dark brown,thick and kinda curly while others directly next to it were miniaturizing and become very thin. And i used to have very very blonde and straight hair.

RU serious

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
One thing is for sure, if you aren't consistent with it you aren't going to see any improvement. If the pain is too much then you won't ever be consistent with it so go a bit lighter, or use a numbing cream.

drakl

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know it may sound like I’m really lazy, but after trying to read this thread, I stopped at page 8, seeing there were 45.

Can someone make a brief summary of what the Reddit user bought and his regimen? Because, I really want to try it but I’m not sure which product will be better in order not to f*** up my skin forever and at least get slight regrowth.

My plan is to start dermarolling and when trinov is launched, continue with both.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: I couldn’t see the video where he explains the procedure because, it is not available on YouTube at least.

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just get a wireless dermapen on ebay/amazon. Best would be the dr pen a6 or derminator. Then use it once a week.

byebyehair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
upload_2018-11-14_23-38-55.png

https://www.slideshare.net/JohnSantoliquido/what-is-microneedling
This side claims this results are from microneedling (they did not say anything about it just the picture)

I did a 2 mm dermaroller and used it as a dermapen.
I started pushing light and put more pressure on the device till i heard the sound of ripping paper and the i head some red dots on my forehead and some blood was visible.
(no pain but the sound was creeping me out so i stoped.)
Has anyone else noticed that sound using a dermastemp?

spooon

Established Member
Reaction score
just used Dr. Pen for the first time at 0.50mm - I am working my way deeper.

a few of you have mentioned using a mow the lawn approach. I find that's tricky to pull off on the back of head which you can't see. I find myself just saying I'm going to apply the pen to a region using circular motion for say 90 seconds. then move on to another region and repeat. any one have any thoughts on this approach?

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
just used Dr. Pen for the first time at 0.50mm - I am working my way deeper.

a few of you have mentioned using a mow the lawn approach. I find that's tricky to pull off on the back of head which you can't see. I find myself just saying I'm going to apply the pen to a region using circular motion for say 90 seconds. then move on to another region and repeat. any one have any thoughts on this approach?
I find the circles to work great for pens.... As long as you are getting overlap. Hard to circle with a roller.......

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting, do you mind saying what your norwood is? I'm thinking if your crown is already bare, there might be decreased blood flow and feeling there. Curious to see if you gain sensation progressively after each session.

I don´t really know what Norwood I am because my loss has been more severe at the crown than at the hairline (and I think norwoods are ranked by hairline recession). I´m posting a pic of my hairline, I dunno, maybe Norwood 2-3? My eye is not trained to rank it visually.
About my Crown... yeah, it looks awful and it´s pretty bad, but I wouldn´t say it´s already bare. I´m posting the pic of my Crown again, with hair spiked up and under bright natural light so you could see my scalp. It was taken just after needling to see if there was some redness.

I´m also curious to see if I gain more sensation, but strangely, my first sesión actually hurt a bit (even in my Crown), and this 3rd sesión was almost painless there. Pain in hairline and temples has been constant though.

Attachments

• WIN_20180224_17_28_37_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20180224_17_28_37_Pro.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 506
  • Crown.jpg
    Crown.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 512

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was one of those also rolling hard years ago, my temples etc. were full of blood. However, i cant recommend this. I think the extra pressure you put in can result in some kind of scarring. In my case it seemed like it disturbed blood vessels to each follice, as some hairs became dark brown,thick and kinda curly while others directly next to it were miniaturizing and become very thin. And i used to have very very blonde and straight hair.

Wow, it´s nice to see some of the rollers of the first (closed) community trial here. I thought they either disappeared from the fórums, or just stopped Rolling after six months because they awaited for results too early.
For how long did you roll? Was it mor ethan the 6 months of the duration of the thread? If so, how´s your hair right now?

Francky85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know it may sound like I’m really lazy, but after trying to read this thread, I stopped at page 8, seeing there were 45.

Can someone make a brief summary of what the Reddit user bought and his regimen? Because, I really want to try it but I’m not sure which product will be better in order not to f*** up my skin forever and at least get slight regrowth.

My plan is to start dermarolling and when trinov is launched, continue with both.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: I couldn’t see the video where he explains the procedure because, it is not available on YouTube at least.

Basically.....buy he was using a wireless Dermapen from Amazon, but you can get them from Ebay or online shops......he uses it on his entire scalp at 2mm until he has covered the whole scalp multiple times until you have mild erythema (redness) but little to no blood and once a week....on the day he does it, he doesn't use Minoxidil.....every other day he was using it twice a day...the liquid, not the foam.

He has basically grown all his hair back from what I would consider pretty bad male pattern baldness.

opti

Established Member
Reaction score
Wow, it´s nice to see some of the rollers of the first (closed) community trial here. I thought they either disappeared from the fórums, or just stopped Rolling after six months because they awaited for results too early.
For how long did you roll? Was it mor ethan the 6 months of the duration of the thread? If so, how´s your hair right now?
The dermarolling thing was pretty hyped back in the days and everyone expected miracles based on 2y2t his awesome results. I rolled for 6 months but only on temples since my crown was pretty good and made some progress ( but also have used RU back in that days). However, I stopped once I saw some of my blonde hair getting thick dark and different shapes (curly) which did not look that good if you have also straight blonde hair. Also if you blood, the recovery process takes long ...which is not a nice feeling on your head. So after some years I then and there sometimes rolled but was not consistent. Now I m giving it a new try maybe due ti the facr that my hairloss on the crown worsened dramatically and my temples are feeling thick and fibronous. I bought an electric dermapen which is from my year long experience the best device ( electric dermapen > dermapen > dermaroller). 1x a week or every 2 weeks should be enough .

If you want to go harder on this you should definitely do it not more than every 2 weeks.

PS : I guess some of those other people are still on another forum ...maybe I can check if they are still actively rolling

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Last time I checked he was losing ground and looking into finasteride.

Yeah, but he started losing hair one year or more after stopping dermastamping

He had to go to the military for some time.

When he returned and still with most of his hair he thought he was cured and decided not to do anything

At some point started to lose hair again, kinda of obvious if you have Androgenetic Alopecia and not do anything about it.

And like you said he started finasteride and restarted dermastamping.

Last edited: