Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Francky85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve been seeing some slight early progress from using the DermaPen on my temple and crown area. I’ve done 3 rigorous sessions in a months time and I am starting to see blonde, peach fuzz growing and sprouting from both temple areas. I’m currently using minoxidil and 0.5mg of finasteride daily as well.

I’ve been using both MIN and 0.5mg of finasteride daily for 5 years+ so I know my temple areas and crown have not improved, but at best have remained somewhat stable.

Excited to see if these areas continue to improve at this rate over the next several months with dermarolling.

Im exactly the same as you....3 session in, minoxidil twice a day....no finasteride though....lots of blonde hair coming through that hasn't been there for years and ive been using minoxidil on its own for the last 5....if those hair become thick and dark it will have a huge change on my hair.

Last edited:

Pephair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Some of the guys from the old dermarolling thread that got good results don't seem to be active anymore, which is a shame. The user 2young2retire for example, he got insane results. Would be interesting to see if he kept it up after all these years and how his situation is today.

I probably wouldn't be active much either if I regrew all my hair... As fun as you guys are and all..

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Perhaps this form of microwounding creates the proper environment for regeneration. But, I'm thinking we need the addition of growth factors and signaling molecules like in Wnt pathway, maybe even stem cells, to push in the hair growth direction. Certainly, there are those here who go boldly where none have before, but just need the right research grade ingredients. And I think they can be acquired from reliable, Euro or US manufactures rather than uncertain China sources.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Perhaps this form of microwounding creates the proper environment for regeneration. But, I'm thinking we need the addition of growth factors and signaling molecules like in Wnt pathway, maybe even stem cells, to push in the hair growth direction. Certainly, there are those here who go boldly where none have before, but just need the right research grade ingredients. And I think they can be acquired from reliable, Euro or US manufactures rather than uncertain China sources.
Definitely.
If combining it with a shitty, Stone Age "treatment" such as Minoxidil can achieve the results the guy from Tressless got, imagine what combining it with something like WAY could do.

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thowing in some supportive documentation here:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4617665/

From above article:

"Originally described in rats, rabbits, sheep, and humans in 1940−1960, the WIHN phenomenon was reinvestigated in mice only recently. The process of de novo hair regeneration largely duplicates the morphological and signaling features of normal embryonic hair development. Similar to hair development, WIHN critically depends on the activation of canonical WNT signaling. However, unlike hair development, WNT activation in WIHN is dependent on fibroblast growth factor 9 signaling generated by the immune system's γδ T cells. The cellular bases of WIHN remain to be fully characterized; however, the available evidence leaves open the possibility for a blastema‐like mechanism wherein epidermal and/or dermal wound cells undergo epigenetic reprogramming toward a more plastic, embryonic‐like state..."

First sentence is a real gut puncher. :eek: First described in 1940-1960! :confused: :mad: o_O

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thowing in some supportive documentation here:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4617665/

From above article:

"Originally described in rats, rabbits, sheep, and humans in 1940−1960, the WIHN phenomenon was reinvestigated in mice only recently. The process of de novo hair regeneration largely duplicates the morphological and signaling features of normal embryonic hair development. Similar to hair development, WIHN critically depends on the activation of canonical WNT signaling. However, unlike hair development, WNT activation in WIHN is dependent on fibroblast growth factor 9 signaling generated by the immune system's γδ T cells. The cellular bases of WIHN remain to be fully characterized; however, the available evidence leaves open the possibility for a blastema‐like mechanism wherein epidermal and/or dermal wound cells undergo epigenetic reprogramming toward a more plastic, embryonic‐like state..."

First sentence is a real gut puncher. :eek: First described in 1940-1960! :confused: :mad: o_O

This is why Follica is doing preclinical with a FGF-9 and a wnt agonists after wounding

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Question for the ones microneedling.

Do you notice less shedding?

Do you notice less itch?

One other thing to report that I notice is that several days after needling the scalp is noticeably more sensitive to the same warm temperature I'm washing my hair with. Before needling, it just felt the same all over at same water temp. Hoping this indicates improved blood flow to the area and other positive things. No shedding, but scalp does itch more, not due to needling but because of the other topicals I use.

bigjimmy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The itch immediately after needling is pretty annoying for me, almost like prickly heat. I have been taking an anthihistamine on the day which helps.

Adam12a

My Regimen
Reaction score
One other thing to report that I notice is that several days after needling the scalp is noticeably more sensitive to the same warm temperature I'm washing my hair with. Before needling, it just felt the same all over at same water temp. Hoping this indicates improved blood flow to the area and other positive things. No shedding, but scalp does itch more, not due to needling but because of the other topicals I use.

My scalp is more sensitive too! It’s like it’s come back to life.

serioushair

My Regimen
Reaction score
I stopped Kirkland minoxidil 5% about 10 months ago, went through a shed and am much more thin but stabilized I think (hope!). I got a 0.5mm dermaroller and did my first microneedling session last Friday and took some before photos (will post). My scalp feels a little sensitive, like a mild sunburn. I'm planning on tracking my progress here. Research shows efficacy in humans for microneedling + minoxidil but I didn't see anything in humans with microneedling alone, so I'm going to do microneedling only for a few months and then consider adding minoxidil. Fingers crossed!

serioushair

My Regimen
Reaction score
I did notice that my scalp was less sensitive to the needling where my hair was more thin, left side vs right side. I'm going to keep an eye on that to see if that changes over time. Not much difference in sensitivity on the crown area though.

ZLulic

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@serioushair

I did 0.5mm for 8 months, 2x a week, without min. no improvements. Going now with 1mm since August, but will get on 1.5mm as soon as I get a dermapen. First I thought that 1.5 mm would be too deep, but seeing that <1.5mm has no effect on its own I guess one should not waste time with the shorter ones.

serioushair

My Regimen
Reaction score
20181102_124413.jpg

serioushair

My Regimen
Reaction score
@serioushair

I did 0.5mm for 8 months, 2x a week, without min. no improvements. Going now with 1mm since August, but will get on 1.5mm as soon as I get a dermapen. First I thought that 1.5 mm would be too deep, but seeing that <1.5mm has no effect on its own I guess one should not waste time with the shorter ones.
Thanks for the tip... I'd read in the literature about allowing at least 1 week between sessions so that the wound healing response had time to kick in. Do you think doing it 2x/week may have affected your results?

serioushair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Am also considering drawing some of my blood to spin down my own PRP to combine with the microneedling...

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@serioushair

The optimal depth is no less than 1.5 mm and, just like serioushair noted, you have to do it once every 7-10 days or so, because the effectivity in itself comes with the healing part.
Also, there were 2 groups in the study; those who used Minoxidil and those who didn't. Both showed results.

ZLulic

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip... I'd read in the literature about allowing at least 1 week between sessions so that the wound healing response had time to kick in. Do you think doing it 2x/week may have affected your results?

I did light light rolling, not aggressive. I used rosemary oil 12 hours after. 0,5 is basically nothing so I don't think doing it 2x a week worsened the results because it doesn't even properly wound the scalp.

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
About the itch. Try washing with cold water or add peppermint oil a few hours after. Worked for me.

Longway886

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Update on my results..

Took the exact same picture in the same lighting and it turns out it's actually worse :(

That's after 4 weeks 2mm dermapen every week and minoxidil twice a day

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Am also considering drawing some of my blood to spin down my own PRP to combine with the microneedling...
I wouldn’t mess with that myself. My Doctor said if it’s not done exactly right, that you can actually send super concentrated DHT back into your scalp.