Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Francky85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you use numbing cream before hand cos when I used it at 2mm I almost screamed in pain lol and are you using the pen at the fastest setting?

No numbing cream and fastest setting...ill be honest, at first it does hurt...but either you get used to it or natural aesthetic kicks in...never comfortable mind you.

Jk1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I did my first session on 1.5mm then went up to 2mm and pain wise it was exactly the same, healing was the same....im just sticking with 2mm as the chap on Reddit was doing 2mm....the study was 1.5mm though, so im sure both will do.
I noticed same up to 2.5mm dr pen.... so im doing that now :)

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Kiwi - you're uninformed here. I'm also testing microneedling - see the picture i posted after my needling on page 26 of this thread.

This picture i commented on is of his brother in law, not him. I'm a believer in micro-needling, but i was just pointing out what i saw, which others have also attested to.

In terms of offering this community nothing, my current topicals, as pictured, are

• Equol
  • Estriol
  • Daro
  • minoxidil
  • Tofacitinib
  • 17 alpha estradiol ( Pantostin topped up with the compound)
  • Plus Micro-needling

Some of other compounds and treatments tested in last few years

• PGE1
  • PGE2
  • CB
  • OC
  • Rama
  • Seti
  • TM
  • spironolactone
  • and my finest yet.... Kerastem in Belgrade :-/

I hope you're carrying your weight on here also if you're going to accuse others of not.

Let's get back to the main topic, micro-needling, rather than trolling others.
Some of them bottles look dodgy as fk.. god knows what’s in them or doing to your body.. cancerous or anything.

charlie76761

Established Member
Reaction score
Ha. Not wrong - those labels do look rank. I travel with work and get the odd spillage.

Contents is refreshed weekly, but yes, god knows on the long term effects of the chems. Things we do for hair / things big pharma need to solve

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Transcutaneous drug delivery via fractional laser and microneedling

A recent review
J Cosmet Laser Ther. 2018 Oct 9:1-8. doi: 10.1080/14764172.2018.1525743. [Epub ahead of print]
The rise of transcutaneous drug delivery for the management of alopecia: A review of existing literature and an eye towards the future.
Wipf A1, Boysen N1, Hordinsky MK1, Dando EE2, Sadick N3, Farah RS1.
Author information
Abstract

INTRODUCTION:
Fractional lasers and microneedling devices are increasingly used with topical drugs to treat various conditions, including alopecia, as they grant access to dermal structures such as hair follicles and cutaneous vasculature.

OBJECTIVE:
To perform a comprehensive review on transcutaneous drug delivery for the management of alopecia.

METHODS:
PubMed, Embase, and Ovid Medline databases were searched using terms including: alopecia, microneedling, lasers, androgenetic alopecia (Androgenetic Alopecia), alopecia areata (AA), drug delivery. Articles were examined for inclusion criteria: diagnosis of alopecia regardless of type, use of fractional laser or microneedling devices, and subsequent administration of topical medication.

RESULTS:
8 studies, 6 prospective clinical trials and 2 case series, examining either AA or Androgenetic Alopecia were identified. For AA, five studies examined microneedling together with topical triamcinolone in three of these, while two studies used photodynamic therapy. Regarding Androgenetic Alopecia, two studies used topical minoxidil plus microneedling, and one examined topical finasteride with fractional erbium glass laser. Improvement was seen in 6 of the 8 studies.

DISCUSSION:
Transcutaneous drug delivery via fractional laser and microneedling is a promising modality with preliminary evidence for increased hair regrowth over topical th

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Kiwi - you're uninformed here. I'm also testing microneedling - see the picture i posted after my needling on page 26 of this thread.

This picture i commented on is of his brother in law, not him. I'm a believer in micro-needling, but i was just pointing out what i saw, which others have also attested to.

In terms of offering this community nothing, my current topicals, as pictured, are

• Equol
  • Estriol
  • Daro
  • minoxidil
  • Tofacitinib
  • 17 alpha estradiol ( Pantostin topped up with the compound)
  • Plus Micro-needling

Some of other compounds and treatments tested in last few years

• PGE1
  • PGE2
  • CB
  • OC
  • Rama
  • Seti
  • TM
  • spironolactone
  • and my finest yet.... Kerastem in Belgrade :-/

I hope you're carrying your weight on here also if you're going to accuse others of not.

Let's get back to the main topic, micro-needling, rather than trolling others.

Apologies. People here all too often scare away others and it’s not awesome.

I still think tact is important. That includes resisting contempt prior to rigorous investigation. Otherwise we go back to loosing people we really want to keep in the community.

Good luck with your regime!!!

In other news my derminator is in the post :)

DAVAT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
First proper session Dermarolling whilst I wait for delivery of my Dermapen. Actually leaves the scalp feeling alive post session, quite a good feeling when its finished

Eazy12

Established Member
Reaction score
Set it to 1.5, medium speed option, and pass each area twice going horizontally, vertically and diagonally. So basically you’ll cover the entire scalp with 6 total passes.
Sounds like overkill. Just one pass should suffice

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sounds like overkill. Just one pass should suffice
I’m just repeating the protocol from the person’s results I started this thread about. Back and forth over 1 area horizontally vertically and diagonally, minoxidil every day except on Dermapen days. He has since removed the video which he demonstrates his method, but I’m following it if I can achieve those kind of results.

Francky85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't like just shouting out scam...in fact I hate the word....but that defo is not going to benefit your hair one bit....apple stem cells? Really?

Dogma

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No numbing cream and fastest setting...ill be honest, at first it does hurt...but either you get used to it or natural aesthetic kicks in...never comfortable mind you.
Yeah it hurts at first, but frankly when the session is over with I find it feels quite nice and I also noticed that the areas where I have more thinning it’s harder to slide the pen over. Mind you I literally just did my first session 1.5 mm on the second setting out of five. 2 mm on the highest setting is almost an impressive feat haha

Last edited:

Dogma

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When you do intensive wounding on the scalp 1.5 to 2 mm deep into the skin can your scalped sweating become an Infection risk? I have hyperhidrosis due to quadriplegia, And the stuff looks really promising feels great but it would really suck to get a infection

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When you do intensive wounding on the scalp 1.5 to 2 mm deep into the skin can your scalped sweating become an Infection risk? I have hyperhidrosis due to quadriplegia, And the stuff looks really promising feels great but it would really suck to get a infection
I don't think you should worry. Sweating was found to help with healing wounds, even.