Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Adam12a

My Regimen
Reaction score
Holy hell, I just did my first session this really hurts bad especially around the hairline. I used 1.5mm to start and it was too much, so I put it down to 1mm and it was better. My head feels like I have moderate sunburn not too bad. Will start using minoxidil tomorrow, I’ll check back in in 3 months.

Heat06

Established Member
Reaction score
Holy hell, I just did my first session this really hurts bad especially around the hairline. I used 1.5mm to start and it was too much, so I put it down to 1mm and it was better. My head feels like I have moderate sunburn not too bad. Will start using minoxidil tomorrow, I’ll check back in in 3 months.

Definitely hurt me as well even at 1.5mm. Bit hard on a towel when I upped it to 2mm. The redness almost instantly comes up at 2mm for me, but I have to take small pauses because it’s painful.

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Figured I'd share these pics with you guys. This is from earlier this year end of Janury to end of May on finasteride, minoxidil, and dermarolling. First two pics are from January. First is wet hair second is dry. Up until this point I'd only been using finasteride for about 9 months. Maintained very well but got very little regrowth. End of January(when these pics were taken) is when I added minoxidil. Started dermarolling about a month later, every week 1.5 mm with a Dr. Pen. Didn't apply minoxidil for 24 hours after. The last two pics are end of May. Third pic is wet and last is dry. Def made huge gains primarily from minoxidil and dermarolling
View attachment 103209
View attachment 103210
View attachment 103211
View attachment 103212
Thanks for sharing your progress, bro. Sorry to hear you didn't get the desired regrowth. This kind of concerns me given that I was hoping that most people would get noticeable regrowth but as I suspected there are extremely good responders (such as the OP) and also moderate to non-responders. You got some regrowth tho, perhaps you can give it some more time to keep getting coverage.
I have a question, you say that your regrowth was due to minoxidil and dermarolling, yet you started all three (incl. finasteride) simultaneously. How do you know finasteride wasn't the cause of your success ?

kashmoney

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your progress, bro. Sorry to hear you didn't get the desired regrowth. This kind of concerns me given that I was hoping that most people would get noticeable regrowth but as I suspected there are extremely good responders (such as the OP) and also moderate to non-responders. You got some regrowth tho, perhaps you can give it some more time to keep getting coverage.
I have a question, you say that your regrowth was due to minoxidil and dermarolling, yet you started all three (incl. finasteride) simultaneously. How do you know finasteride wasn't the cause of your success ?

Oh I'm not complaining. I got pretty great regrowth. My friends all commented how much better my hair was. I didn't start all three at the same time. I had started finasteride in April 2017 about 9 months before the first picture was taken. That's why I'm pretty sure my results were mostly from minoxidil and dermarolling

FinasterideCessation2018

My Regimen
Reaction score
I did my first session last Saturday and now my skin is kind of flaking at the needled parts. Like when you had a sunburn and the skin peels.

Do you have that also?

FinasterideCessation2018

My Regimen
Reaction score
Anybody noticing their skin peeling or flaking 4-7 days after using the dermapen? My temple areas are definitely shedding skin since this was the area I was pretty aggressive on when dermarolling. I assume it’s just healing. Not sure if this has happened to anybody else.
Same here! did needling on Saturday and now my skin is flaking

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
What are the chances of getting infection from dermarolling? Which needle size is best? Does microneedling and dermarolling are the same or different things?

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score

You must be smocking crack, kashmoney looks fantastic!

I can’t wait to see another update from him in a couple of months.

This thread alone has photographic evidence of at least 5 different people that have essentially reversed their hairloss by a couple of norwoods.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Been like 17 days since I started. I started it with a buzzcut , but it kind of feels like it's gotten thicker. Can't wait to see what it looks like when it grows out more.

Btw are you guys planning to take a break after the 3 months?

Don’t stop!

What if your body chemistry is slightly different and it takes 4.5 months eh.

bigjimmy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

This thread alone has photographic evidence of at least 5 different people that have essentially reversed their hairloss by a couple of norwoods.

exactly , looks like great regrowth to me.

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been dermarolling for almost 6 months. You can expect lots of flaking, especially if you roll hard enough. Your hair will appear noticeably thinner because of the flaking. If you don't want noticeable flaking, then you shouldn't push as hard.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Done my 2nd session last night, sore enough. Then i thought I would apply some Argireline, Hyaluronic serum to my forehead and eye area and give that a lash, ridiculous idea with work the next day. Woke up with red streaks across my forehead.Had to call in sick!

Francky85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I did my first session last Saturday and now my skin is kind of flaking at the needled parts. Like when you had a sunburn and the skin peels.

Do you have that also?

I would go as far as saying that should be happening to everyone who is doing this correctly.....that is the healing process which you are triggering by wounding, same as when you burn your skin in the sun.....the damaged cells are rejected by the body and die....replaced with the new cells and your are left with the dead skin cells flaking off.

With regards to stopping after 3 months.....if you are getting improvement, not sure why you would do that? If my hair is getting thicker, I wont slow down till at least the 6 months mark and then reassess.

I dont think its stresses your scalp that much.....my head is red for a day or so and then is back to normal...except the skin flaking as above.

bigjimmy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am getting quite a flaky scalp too, I am also applying elastoplast antiseptic wound spray immediately after to prevent any infection.

Francesco17

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've updated the links so it's the exact same one I use and genuinely just because it's the cheapest wireless one I could see.

Use a $10 dermaroller instead - I honestly think you'll get the same results.

I don't get how this isn't more widely known.

I'm looking at some pictures. It looks way too good to be true? Why isn't everyone doing it?

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

My comment was primarily based on his verbal description (I was sleepy and didn't focus on pics), in which at first he stated that regrowth was not that much. I just misunderstood his whole post because then he stated he did got regrowth. So, not smoking crack, but overly sleepy reading everything wrong. My bad, buddies. Indeed he got significant regrowth.

Longway886

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This could all be in my head but I've been doing this 2 weeks now and I'm sure my hair looks thicker and feels stronger

I've got a baseline pic so will compare after the first month and share on here..

This really looks like it could work for most people, and who knows if you added trivon or sandaldor what the results will be

I think everyone should be doing this, it's so cheap

Francky85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont think everyone does it, as its not a desirable treatment for most.....some find it very painful and some cant even commit to something simple like minoxidil twice a day.

I haven't seen any improvement yet.....but then I've only been doing it 2 weeks and in the study, new growth didn't start till 11 weeks.

Still im taking pictures and will post them after 3 months and 6 months.

Longway886

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont think everyone does it, as its not a desirable treatment for most.....some find it very painful and some cant even commit to something simple like minoxidil twice a day.

I haven't seen any improvement yet.....but then I've only been doing it 2 weeks and in the study, new growth didn't start till 11 weeks.

Still im taking pictures and will post them after 3 months and 6 months.

What's your age and Norwood?