Verteporfin drug induced scarless healing with new hair follicles on mice. This new founding can be really big

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Every scientist wants to hype their findings so they can get more funding. Always take it with a grain of salt

FollicleGuardian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You do that on a human and you get a perfect rectangle of nothing but scar tissue.
You really don’t if there is mechanical stretching. Look at FUT scars.

FollicleGuardian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
FUTs are stitched up
There’s a reason for it. To not get stretches. There’s always tension. In these pigs there’s a lot of it.

FollicleGuardian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm going to say this one more time because I care about you bro. You gotta stop coping. It's not healthy. Maybe we can do an intervention for you on discord
Haha bro lmao <3

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
They were much bigger excisions than what's remaining bald
I think that may be due to the wound being deeper in some areas. There is a diagram of the wounds and the outer layer doesn't go into the dermis it seems. Maybe that's why there is some regrowth around the border?

-specter-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I believe that at this point the only answer can come by testing the procedure on humans and seeing what happens. I have enough faith in this theory because as I said in the past I know of people who have been "treated" with herbal concoctions in Sardinia who have experienced healing from burns and wounds with a lot of hair regrowth. Now we have never managed to deal with it with the pharmaceutical companies, but if a farmer in a remote place has succeeded, I do not see why the product of serious scientific research cannot work.

surfer9

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I assume this will potentially help regrow extracted follicles/hairs.... correct?

We are not hoping we can wound a NW6 bald head, inject this drug and see healing and regrowth of a head of hair, are we?....

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
OK so I read through the study. It's a dud guys. The depth of the wounds are .07 inches ~ 1.75mm and an FUT is much deeper as terminal hairs tend to go about 7mm deep. So I doubt this is going to regenerate terminal hairs but possibly velius hairs? Either way it isn't an answer to unlimited donor supply.

Roeysdomi

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Found this video that is related. Can give an idea on how this would work in theory.

Smi
OK so I read through the study. It's a dud guys. The depth of the wounds are .07 inches ~ 1.75mm and an FUT is much deeper as terminal hairs tend to go about 7mm deep. So I doubt this is going to regenerate terminal hairs but possibly velius hairs? Either way it isn't an answer to unlimited donor supply.
dosent really matter if you can genrate full recovery of skin then at the end foliicels spouse to generate

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
Smi

dosent really matter if you can genrate full recovery of skin then at the end foliicels spouse to generate
But can it recover at the level of subcutaneous tissue? So far they only proven recovery of sweat glands and reduction of scars on the surface. But regenerating terminal hairs? I doubt it.

1631998955770.png

This is a diagram of a terminal hair follicle. The hair lies at the top layer of subcutaneous tissue which is about 4mm deep.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's what guys on these forums tend to miss about skin-healing progress. Regrowing skin tissue is not the same thing as creating or restoring terminal hairs.

If you lose an arm, covering the stump wound with skin is one thing. Regrowing the lost arm is something else.

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's what guys on these forums tend to miss about skin-healing progress. Regrowing skin tissue is not the same thing as creating or restoring terminal hairs.

If you lose an arm, covering the stump wound with skin is one thing. Regrowing the lost arm is something else.
Don't get me wrong, I do hope this helps with scarring because that's the biggest reason why Norwood 3 candidates avoid transplants because they know down the road you will have to shave anyway but have scars.

If this recreated sweat glands and prevented the noticeable surface lumps from scarring then I probably would get a hair transplants down the road.

glammetal

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys this video is publiclshed on September of 2020.They they mention that they plan to finish their phase 3 trial in about a year. So by now they should finish their phase 3 trial. However when I go at their site about this treatment it show "error 404".Does anybody know anything more about the time this will be released?

DuncanOP

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

But the study with pigs are related to recover of hair follicles too. Not just the regrowth skin tissue.

Can you link where is was said with the study, please?

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
But the study with pigs are related to recover of hair follicles too. Not just the regrowth skin tissue.

Can you link where is was said with the study, please?

Search for 0.07 and you'll find the part I'm referring to.

KNemo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Vellus hairs are shallow while terminal hairs are deep, but the thing is normal hairs essentially goes from almost vellus to the deep large sexy hairs we all want so much. As long as regenerated hairs are of the normal type I don't see a reason for new hairs not being able to grow down.

Also there's proximity effects so the depth of the wound doesn't hinder changes deeper down.