Verteporfin drug induced scarless healing with new hair follicles on mice. This new founding can be really big

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
I posted the pig study in the comments. Maybe the admin will reply and/or spread the study to his contacts.
For me this seems like the most reachable solution at the moment. Imagine we can increase the donor hair by just 50%, that would be a game changer.
Indeed. High norwoods could get 6k grafts instead of about 4k. That could give some crown coverage.

glammetal

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Imagine high norwoods getting FUE.They would lower by two norwoods,and then inject the medicine.Then new hair would grow back,and they could repeat the process.The big question is who could establish sucj a protocol/?

FollicleGuardian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting that they mention it can be used with strip surgeries (FUT’s). But also with smaller wounds such as FUE’s. And even microneedling:

«A method including injection of Verteporfin following micro-injury of a region of alopecia (via Fraxel, microneedling, or other similar approaches) may be used to promote increased hair regrowth in the region. This method does not require grafting of active hair follicles from other regions of skin but could instead encourage true de novo hair folliculogenesis in an otherwise hairless area.»

Follisket

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know whether Follica is aware of the recent discoveries regarding Verteporfin? My hopes for them were never particularly big, but the fact that they have the device pretty much ready while supposedly struggling to find a superior growth stimulant to minoxidil could make this a perfect match (and hopefully lead to a relatively fast market release?). I would imagine they, at very least, have an incentive to test this quicklacy.

DuncanOP

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting that they mention it can be used with strip surgeries (FUT’s). But also with smaller wounds such as FUE’s. And even microneedling:

«A method including injection of Verteporfin following micro-injury of a region of alopecia (via Fraxel, microneedling, or other similar approaches) may be used to promote increased hair regrowth in the region. This method does not require grafting of active hair follicles from other regions of skin but could instead encourage true de novo hair folliculogenesis in an otherwise hairless area.»
But it is in mouse, not in humans, right?
It is not tested in humans yet, anyway, looks very promising

@Follisket

My hopes for them were never particularly big, but the fact that they have the device pretty much ready while supposedly struggling to find a superior growth stimulant to minoxidil could make this a perfect match
Sorry, I didn't get your point. Verteporfin should heal scar and stimulate the recover of UF. So it is not related to regrowth.

Plus I think it should be injected to relative deep into scalp. I mean, a "simply dermaroller" isn't enough to do it. A chirurgical approach could be necessary to inject Verteporfin

Last edited:

FollicleGuardian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But it is in mouse, not in humans, right?
It is not tested in humans yet, anyway, looks very promising

@Follisket

Sorry, I didn't get your point. Verteporfin should heal scar and stimulate the recover of UF. So it is not related to regrowth.

Plus I think it should be injected to relative deep into scalp. I mean, a "simply dermaroller" isn't enough to do it. A chirurgical approach could be necessary to inject Verteporfin
You can use FAK inhibitors which does not need to be injected.

the approach is tested in pigs which is the big hurdle. As their skin and scarring mechanisms are extremely similar to human skin.

FollicleGuardian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone know whether Follica is aware of the recent discoveries regarding Verteporfin? My hopes for them were never particularly big, but the fact that they have the device pretty much ready while supposedly struggling to find a superior growth stimulant to minoxidil could make this a perfect match (and hopefully lead to a relatively fast market release?). I would imagine they, at very least, have an incentive to test this quicklacy.
Why would they cooperate with Follica? Stanford has the cure, and the intellectual property to this. Follica has an overhyped microneedling device.

DAVAT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We have to share this study to follicle thought and hlc2020 or to dermatologists/doctors directly

Hairlosscure2020 is already covering it

FAK Inhibitor for Hair Loss​

I saved the most important news for last. In recent days, a few people discussed this Stanford University research (first posted by “DrPhil”) on our hair loss chat.

FAK-Inhibitor-Hair-Growth-126x300.png
FAK inhibitor skin healing and hair follicle regrowth at 180 days. Source: Nature Communications.
The researchers found that blocking mechanical signaling via FAK (focal adhesion kinase) inhibition promotes regenerative skin healing.

glammetal

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
*yawn* Wake me up when HMI-115 is available. That's at least been proven to grow long, thick terminal hairs in primates. I must have seen nearly a dozen studies over the years of mouse excisions healing with new hair. I've yet to see it in humans. This is quite promising for skin regeneration, but I won't hold my breath for terminal hair
Yes but their site is not working for many months.

FollicleGuardian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What am I looking at. Hard to see.
Pig skin. The gold standard model of skin research. Closest to humans. The picture lowest is the one pig that is treated with a FAK inhibitor. The two above are non treated pigs.

Roeysdomi

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
*yawn* Wake me up when HMI-115 is available. That's at least been proven to grow long, thick terminal hairs in primates. I must have seen nearly a dozen studies over the years of mouse excisions healing with new hair. I've yet to see it in humans. This is quite promising for skin regeneration, but I won't hold my breath for terminal hair
Its still good for fue scar , it would help you having clear skin without the dots.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Pig skin. The gold standard model of skin research. Closest to humans. The picture lowest is the one pig that is treated with a FAK inhibitor. The two above are non treated pigs.
Amazing how much hair the non-treated pigs regenerated for an animal whose skin is just like humans. It's almost as if their skin wounds express different molecular signals to begin with

Reaction score
Amazing how much hair the non-treated pigs regenerated for an animal whose skin is just like humans. It's almost as if their skin wounds express different molecular signals to begin with

Yeah, there's a lot of hair regrowth even on non treated wounds. So much for pig skin is very close to human skin.

FollicleGuardian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I see 0 hair in the non treated ones