Verteporfin drug induced scarless healing with new hair follicles on mice. This new founding can be really big

bigentries

Established Member
Reaction score
Wonder why no one is talking about the latest results posted in follicle thought
There is some early evidence of regeneration with FUE. If the following weeks confirm it, this is the craziest thing I’ve seen in over a decade of following potential hair loss treatments

I’m even wondering if verteportin would regenerate hair from dermarrolling or dermabrasion

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The idea of regeneration after FUE - tread carefully. There has been a ton of deceptive evidence & bullshit claims on that in the past.

Pulling out a 3-hair follicular unit from the donor area, and getting 1 new hair to grow from the wound? It's not progress unless all 3 of the original hairs survived on top. If only 2 of them survived then you broke even. If 1 of them survived then you lost hair.

This includes partials. Like, they transplanted a 3-hair unit, and a thinner-looking "new" hair grows from the wound. But one of the recipient hairs coincidentally happens to look thinner now too. Again, this has been done before and it's not progress. It's only progress when the net total amount of hair density on the patient's whole head increases.

Last edited:

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The idea of regeneration after FUE - tread carefully. There has been a ton of deceptive evidence & bullshit claims on that in the past.

Pulling out a 3-hair follicular unit from the donor area, and getting 1 new hair to grow from the wound? It's not progress unless all 3 of the original hairs survived on top. If only 2 of them survived then you broke even. If 1 of them survived then you lost hair.

This includes partials. Like, they transplanted a 3-hair unit, and a thinner-looking "new" hair grows from the wound. But one of the recipient hairs coincidentally happens to look thinner now too. Again, this has been done before and it's not progress. It's only progress when the net total amount of hair density on the patient's whole head increases.
Thats not how follicle neogenesis works. In this trial the follicles taken from the donor were **completely removed** in its whole entirety. Gone. No follicle cells left. No transections. The follicle is literally gone, there is nothing to "rebuild" in that sense, so every new hair sprouted is already a positive gain.

That is what is mindblowing about this trial. A follicle magically can grow out of nowhere. The process involved is called "quorum sensing" where nearby cells can signal to new forming cells which cell it should be. Obviously the fact that before there was a follicle existing there also helps in the whole process.

If a new hair grows that didn't even exist to begin with it is to be celebrated, and there's no scientific evidence that it should contain the exact same amount of hairs as the extracted one. We yet have to see if they will manage to become full terminal though.

Nonetheless, it is very positive news so far only 8 weeks in and esp. considering this proof of concept trial in human is not even the same as was used in mice and pig. (Donor was depleted via skin patch removal and not small FUE holes which could potentially induce less quorum sensing)

Last edited:

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wonder why no one is talking about the latest results posted in follicle thought
There is some early evidence of regeneration with FUE. If the following weeks confirm it, this is the craziest thing I’ve seen in over a decade of following potential hair loss treatments

I’m even wondering if verteportin would regenerate hair from dermarrolling or dermabrasion
Many people is following it, but sadly this forum became infected with trolls, half people getting locked out of their accs because they cant verify email. The autist c0ck worshiping dude who comments in every thread with 5 accounts and downvotes every comment, and so on.

So naturally people are starting to leave this shitty forum. Hopefully one day the mods put order again because it used to be a great resource.

glammetal

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thats not how follicle neogenesis works. In this trial the follicles taken from the donor were **completely removed** in its whole entirety. Gone. No follicle cells left. No transections. The follicle is literally gone, there is nothing to "rebuild" in that sense, so every new hair sprouted is already a positive gain.

That is what is mindblowing about this trial. A follicle magically can grow out of nowhere. The process involved is called "quorum sensing" where nearby cells can signal to new forming cells which cell it should be. Obviously the fact that before there was a follicle existing there also helps in the whole process.

If a new hair grows that didn't even exist to begin with it is to be celebrated, and there's no scientific evidence that it should contain the exact same amount of hairs as the extracted one. We yet have to see if they will manage to become full terminal though.

Nonetheless, it is very positive news so far only 8 weeks in and esp. considering this proof of concept trial in human is not even the same as was used in mice and pig. (Donor was depleted via skin patch removal and not small FUE holes which could potentially induce less quorum sensing)
"so far only 8 weeks in and esp"Do you refer at the trial that the hair surgeon from Jordan does? Thank you very much

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah, the last update is after 8 weeks of initial Verteporfin injection on transplant day.

Mice/pig trial started showing noticeable results after 4 months.

glammetal

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If only the Longaker Lab could proceed to clinical trials...That would be the real deal......

Last edited:

5minutesbeforemiracle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Possible. Who wants the cure to be a hair transplant though?
Better than what we currently have, a pill you have to take for the rest of your life, that only slows it down and if you’re unlucky like some of us you can’t even have that because of the sides.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Better than what we currently have, a pill you have to take for the rest of your life, that only slows it down and if you’re unlucky like some of us you can’t even have that because of the sides.
I’m with you on this one - f’n sides!!!

stressftw

Established Member
Reaction score

Hairliciously covered some of Verteporfin news in his new video.

One year and few months since i created this topic, i remember in the beggining of the discussion some members(even old ones) here saying how "irrelevant" the idea of scarless healing was in regards of combating hair loss. Lol, innocents.

Well, the whole discussion is still there in the beggining of the thread, and the things i pointed out and mentioned (some of them called it "broscience") are legit happening now. Im really glad Vert discovery is evolving and it's benefits are becoming a real thing for people, we are very close from a major gamechanger. Im glad this thread is somehow alive, even tho i think this forum is a ghost town nowdays.

I will leave a before and after from a telegram group that i wont diclose here, from a guy that is treating his scars off-label with Verteporfin for months now and some of his results:

1663393502776.png

Last edited:

Aston

Reaction score
Possible. Who wants the cure to be a hair transplant though?
It's the only realistic thing. Your follicles shut down and die on dht. At that point you need new follicles. You can prevent it with dht control, but you can only replace missing follicles. Generating new ones with scarless healing would be the ideal solution to the latter, if it worked.

badnewsbearer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's the only realistic thing. Your follicles shut down and die on dht. At that point you need new follicles. You can prevent it with dht control, but you can only replace missing follicles. Generating new ones with scarless healing would be the ideal solution to the latter, if it worked.
thats not true. DHT starts a long *** signaling chain with lots of molecules involved like growth and death factors etc. for example it affects stem cells proliferation through the WNT pathway. if you get a drug that modulates that change then you can have as much DHT as you want. that would be realistic. or the idea of degrading either receptor or enzyme locally. however nothing innovative has been done here. its just the same old anti androgen way. no surprise because these kind of drugs are very expensive to research and hair loss is not a lucrative market. In theory if there was more money involved.. the problem is also that many pathways are involved and while getting rid of DHT corrects most of them, doing so individually is very hard as could be seen with the samumed failure. I think the best bet would be a locally acting degrader for both through, androgen receptor protein as well as 5alpha reductase. and there needs to be more research on local delivery and vehicles because if the degrader goes systemic its not worse as finasteride but also not any better.

sadly with Kintor AA coming to market the only people who need such a treatment are those like myself who cannot tolerate androgens due to their baseline low androgenic hormone profile and they do not pose a lucrative market alone to drive forward new innovative drugs