Verteporfin drug induced scarless healing with new hair follicles on mice. This new founding can be really big

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
Vellus hairs are shallow while terminal hairs are deep, but the thing is normal hairs essentially goes from almost vellus to the deep large sexy hairs we all want so much. As long as regenerated hairs are of the normal type I don't see a reason for new hairs not being able to grow down.

Also there's proximity effects so the depth of the wound doesn't hinder changes deeper down.
Even if that were true, these FUT wounds can't just be left alone for infection like in these trials, especially since the wound is close to the brain.

KNemo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Even if that were true, these FUT wounds can't just be left alone for infection like in these trials, especially since the wound is close to the brain.
True that would be a problem. However if these drugs work for FUE wounds or even the tiny microneedling ones we could have something very nice.
Proof is in the pudding as they say...

-specter-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone know if there is any news?
At the very least it could be useful for making a scar-free transplant

Zon Ama

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yea, I am also wondering. Seems like people are ignoring the actual treatments (and this could be a technical cure w/o the side effects of finasteride, etc) and are hoping for Hair multiplication to arrive.

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys regarding fibrosis, isn't dmso supposed to be effective for reducing/inhibiting it?

Roeysdomi

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We are back - stronger than ever because now we ensure that future Discord server bans won't destroy our community.

PM @BackUpRobot#8203 with an arbitrary message to let us know that you want to be notified in case a new server needs to be established :).

And join the Vert-group

https://discord.gg/xFSZzbTRuq

Zon Ama

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
FollicleThought shared new information about the hair transplant surgeon who uses verteporfin in his patients:

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi of the Vertex Hair Clinic located in Jordan has begun an experimental pilot study injecting verteporfin into FUE donor extraction sites to observe the potential of decreased scarring and donor regeneration (though regeneration is more of a long shot at this point). To clarify, this is not within the typical standards of care offered by Dr. Barghouthi and is not currently offered as a service. All patients involved have been ethically informed and consented to the study design. Verteporfin is an FDA-approved medication being investigated for an off-label use. Below are a few images from the first patient treated in the study.

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
FollicleThought shared new information about the hair transplant surgeon who uses verteporfin in his patients:

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi of the Vertex Hair Clinic located in Jordan has begun an experimental pilot study injecting verteporfin into FUE donor extraction sites to observe the potential of decreased scarring and donor regeneration (though regeneration is more of a long shot at this point). To clarify, this is not within the typical standards of care offered by Dr. Barghouthi and is not currently offered as a service. All patients involved have been ethically informed and consented to the study design. Verteporfin is an FDA-approved medication being investigated for an off-label use. Below are a few images from the first patient treated in the study.
It looks like it helps with the scar tissue. To me that is a big deal.

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

this seems amazing for hairline reduction surgery, which is arguably the best way to have thickest natural hairline ever without using *ANY* donor graft at all. The problem is it sucks because of the visible scar... but... if Verteporfin produces a scarless incision it would become extremely valuable option to consider. It can save you at least 3-4K grafts and is way cheaper than hair transplant. Results are immediate.

some examples of forehead reduction incisions
1658165958142.png

1658166031503.png

Zon Ama

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay, I thought its too early to say if it works. I was expecting regrowth in the donor area after using verteporfin, so that we can have some regeneration of the donor area to use the regenerated hair in following transplants

jjoshh8

Established Member
Reaction score
this seems amazing for hairline reduction surgery, which is arguably the best way to have thickest natural hairline ever without using *ANY* donor graft at all. The problem is it sucks because of the visible scar... but... if Verteporfin produces a scarless incision it would become extremely valuable option to consider. It can save you at least 3-4K grafts and is way cheaper than hair transplant. Results are immediate.

some examples of forehead reduction incisions
View attachment 182672

View attachment 182673

What a joke, pictures show nothing

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
right after surgery
1658238354624.png
healed months later

1658238334108.png

If you can produce 0 scar tissue with Verteporfin and advance your scalp 2-3cm you would save up to 3k follicles with no downsides. Seems pretty useful to me.

And don't forget you can actually implant hairs in the scar area and hide the whole scar if Verteporfin produces healthy skin. (Usually scar tissue is not optimal for transplanting)

jjoshh8

Established Member
Reaction score
are you dumb, what do you want to see other than it is shown, its a hairline advancement lol
Check again. Picture 1, lighting issues and top of the head almost cut off. Picture 2, his hair is pulled back then the after is just loose

these pics were probably taken the same day and just edited.

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Check again. Picture 1, lighting issues and top of the head almost cut off. Picture 2, his hair is pulled back then the after is just loose

these pics were probably taken the same day and just edited.
What is even your point, forehead reduction surgery is really easy and minimally invasive, its obvious all you need to do is cut a bit of skin, pull it together, reduce your hairline and it saves you thousands of follicles. The only reason its not more popular is because the ugly scar it leaves in your forehead but Verteporfin could solve this. Who cares about result images, its just images to illustrate the point.

Fgsfds

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you can produce 0 scar tissue with Verteporfin and advance your scalp 2-3cm you would save up to 3k follicles with no downsides. Seems pretty useful to me.

And don't forget you can actually implant hairs in the scar area and hide the whole scar if Verteporfin produces healthy skin. (Usually scar tissue is not optimal for transplanting)
infinite hair glitch

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you can produce 0 scar tissue with Verteporfin and advance your scalp 2-3cm you would save up to 3k follicles with no downsides.

That would not save anything.

After the procedure was over,
1. You would not have gained any more total follicles on your head.
2. Your skull would not be any smaller.

Any new hair coverage on the front of your head must have come from stretching out the scalp skin tighter over the rest of your head. That means it was thinning the follicle density like a normal transplant surgery.

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lmao, it doesnt thin out density at all. None.

Reducing hairline by 3 cm needs around 2.5k follicullar units if you did a hair transplant, which depletes half of a normal healthy donor.
So you save those follicles from your donor, and can still use them for a more striking result in your hairline still.
Its not that lowering your hairline will increase the amounts of folicles in your head, it is that you need less follicles for the same cosmetic effect.
A hair transplant is an illusion to trick our brains after all, a normal transplant has 60-80FU/cm2 density while a real head of hair has >120 FU/cm2 density. The brain can not distinguish a full head of hair past some threshold density thats why we are late to notice hair loss most of the time. Moving your scalp doesn't produce any visible thinning. Just pull down your forehead skin right now and see if you hair becomes thinner.

And of course its not gonna help someone who is NW6 and the hair behind his NW2 is also sh*t. Most transplants are focused on hairline restoration and hairline lowering. If Verteporfin produces 0 scars this will be huge for most people. But I doubt Verteporfin can produce 0 scars, it sounds like black magic.

Last edited:

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lmao, it doesnt thin out density at all. None.

Then it has to either create more follicles or make your skull smaller. Pick one.

Reducing hairline by 3 cm needs around 2.5k follicullar units if you did a hair transplant, which depletes half of a normal healthy donor.
So you save those follicles from your donor, and can still use them for a more striking result in your hairline still.
Its not that lowering your hairline will increase the amounts of folicles in your head, it is that you need less follicles for the same cosmetic effect.
A hair transplant is an illusion to trick our brains after all, a normal transplant has 60-80FU/cm2 density while a real head of hair has >120 FU/cm2 density. The brain can not distinguish a full head of hair past some threshold density thats why we are late to notice hair loss most of the time. Moving your scalp doesn't produce any visible thinning. Just pull down your forehead skin right now and see if you hair becomes thinner.

And of course its not gonna help someone who is NW6 and the hair behind his NW2 is also sh*t. Most transplants are focused on hairline restoration and hairline lowering. If Verteporfin produces 0 scars this will be huge for most people. But I doubt Verteporfin can produce 0 scars, it sounds like black magic.

Translation: "Yes it it does thin out density. But it won't show".

Better solution:

Get a normal FUE transplant. Have the doctor harvest donor follicles from your entire non-balding area, including the "safe zone" and otherwise. Some of those hairs will eventually be prone to thinning. But as long as they are placed evenly scattered throughout the recipient areas, that won't end up looking strange. Your whole head will just have more gradual thinning from age. The trade-off is that you can spend your younger years with more hair cosmetically restored for a while.