Update On Prostaglandin Protocol. Officially An Alternative To Finasteride And Minoxidil.

Bagels

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else tried n-acetylcysteine orally and found it useful? It seems from that study it would be best used topically

Alex Contee

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anyone else tried n-acetylcysteine orally and found it useful? It seems from that study it would be best used topically
It might be helpful for females that are thinning due to iron issues but I doubt it will do anything more. It prevents decreases in the synthesis of keratin due to iron deficiencies. I have never seen a study about its topical use. Can you share it?

Bagels

Established Member
Reaction score
It might be helpful for females that are thinning due to iron issues but I doubt it will do anything more. It prevents decreases in the synthesis of keratin due to iron deficiencies. I have never seen a study about its topical use. Can you share it?

From OP earlier in this thread : "Im also taking 1200mg/day of n-acetylcysteine as a bonus treatment since its really cheap and easy to get and it supposedly stops the crosstalk between PGD2 and testosterone in the hair follicle."

Maximus Hair!

Reaction score
This is long but it would mean a lot if anyone has any idea about these side effects, and could give me there opinion.

I've been using Topical Setipiprant for several months now and during this time it's absolutely made a difference in terms of itch and shedding. I've only bought from Lyphar so I'm pretty sure it's legit based on other people's experiences/lab tests.

However I've gotten some side effects, some which are normal and some I'm not sure are normal. So I'm curious if anyone else has had this. For the first month about I used normal Seti in the Swisstemples vehicle at 5% concentration. It made a difference but was greasy and disgusting on my scalp/hair. Over time I eventually got extreme daytime fatigue as well as slightly feeling it was harder to breathe. I'm almost definitely sure now this was caused by the DMSO making it go systemic, and fatigue/somnolence is listed as one of the side effects from the oral seti trial so it makes sense.

So I then bought there Salted Setipiprant and it dissolved way easier obv. I used it in Garnier Stemoxydine at 10%. It had the same efficacy as the normal Setipiprant. Then I started dermarolling with .5 mm needles before applying and it worked even better. However this made too much of it go systemic as I again had some daytime fatigue and breathlessness but not as much as with the normal seti with the swisstemples vehicle.

I also got another side effect which was weird. A little bit after applying Seti to my scalp, my urine has a really strong smell to it. It is hard to describe, it's slightly chemical but mostly smells like just really strong piss like when your dehydrated. I know it's the Setipiprant as whenever I stop applying Seti my urine smells normal. I've started and stopped multiple times to make sure and the smell always goes away in a day.

I've also recently started mixing the Stemoxydine vehicle with some DMI. Now when I apply it after dermarolling I no longer have any daytime fatigue. My piss still smells weird though. DMI supposedly makes topicals penetrate deeper, so why does this no longer give me fatigue? Since Seti supposedly leaves the body fast through urine, could the smell just be the Seti itself? Is it something to do with my liver? Does anyone know or have any theories?

So have any long time users got any of these side effects before? @westonci @alebaba etc

Also for any longtime users using high % topical Seti (15%, 20%, 25%, 30%) Did u start at a lower percentage and then taper up? At what percentage did your shedding completely stop? How many ml do you apply per 2x a day?

Thank you to anyone who read this novel.

jared garnith

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is long but it would mean a lot if anyone has any idea about these side effects, and could give me there opinion.

I've been using Topical Setipiprant for several months now and during this time it's absolutely made a difference in terms of itch and shedding. I've only bought from Lyphar so I'm pretty sure it's legit based on other people's experiences/lab tests.

However I've gotten some side effects, some which are normal and some I'm not sure are normal. So I'm curious if anyone else has had this. For the first month about I used normal Seti in the Swisstemples vehicle at 5% concentration. It made a difference but was greasy and disgusting on my scalp/hair. Over time I eventually got extreme daytime fatigue as well as slightly feeling it was harder to breathe. I'm almost definitely sure now this was caused by the DMSO making it go systemic, and fatigue/somnolence is listed as one of the side effects from the oral seti trial so it makes sense.

So I then bought there Salted Setipiprant and it dissolved way easier obv. I used it in Garnier Stemoxydine at 10%. It had the same efficacy as the normal Setipiprant. Then I started dermarolling with .5 mm needles before applying and it worked even better. However this made too much of it go systemic as I again had some daytime fatigue and breathlessness but not as much as with the normal seti with the swisstemples vehicle.

I also got another side effect which was weird. A little bit after applying Seti to my scalp, my urine has a really strong smell to it. It is hard to describe, it's slightly chemical but mostly smells like just really strong piss like when your dehydrated. I know it's the Setipiprant as whenever I stop applying Seti my urine smells normal. I've started and stopped multiple times to make sure and the smell always goes away in a day.

I've also recently started mixing the Stemoxydine vehicle with some DMI. Now when I apply it after dermarolling I no longer have any daytime fatigue. My piss still smells weird though. DMI supposedly makes topicals penetrate deeper, so why does this no longer give me fatigue? Since Seti supposedly leaves the body fast through urine, could the smell just be the Seti itself? Is it something to do with my liver? Does anyone know or have any theories?

So have any long time users got any of these side effects before? @westonci @alebaba etc

Also for any longtime users using high % topical Seti (15%, 20%, 25%, 30%) Did u start at a lower percentage and then taper up? At what percentage did your shedding completely stop? How many ml do you apply per 2x a day?

I'm gonna start soon on 20 percent but how long did it take to see a reduce in shed and how aggressive was your loss? Sorry I couldn't answer any of your questions

Maximus Hair!

Reaction score
I'm gonna start soon on 20 percent but how long did it take to see a reduce in shed and how aggressive was your loss? Sorry I couldn't answer any of your questions

I'd say it took about 2 weeks for the shedding to reduce. It also made my hair feels a lot tougher and harder to pull out at the hairline. Before I would pull a big section and get several hairs every time I pulled. Now I only get 0-2 hairs only once. Also whenever I wash my hair now, out of all the hairs that do fall out, less are terminal.

My hair loss is not that aggressive as it's only on the hairline. It started in October 2015 and I can still style my hair to disguise it with not that much effort, but I can't really pull off the hairstyle I used to do back in 2015 unfortunately.

killme

Established Member
Reaction score
@westonci how’s swiss hair? Did he become a full blown NW1?

I think that guy is just a case of great dutas responder. Hell we have cases of insane growth on finasteride, imagine goin full dutasteride. If we don't know how much % is the dutasteride what is the rest he may be wasting his time and money and so everyone else that thinks the rest of the treatment is relevant.

@Maximus Hair! about the pee, honestly doesnt sound good, looks like the seti is going systemic and ur liver has a hard time with it??

Gemini

My Regimen
Reaction score
  • 1mg Prostaglandin E2 in 3ml of distilled water applied topically to scalp after very lightly microneedling session (goal is not wounding or to draw blood and should not be painful!). I usually do this every other day.
In the first post he said this

rocket_hare

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ah your right sorry for that, my fault for posting at 3am...

I think I saw Prostaglandin E2 and it didn't register that it's the name for PGE2

jared garnith

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Where did you get your stemox btw I'm looking for the cheapest place?

Maximus Hair!

Reaction score
Where did you get your stemox btw I'm looking for the cheapest place?

I use Garnier Fructis Stemoxydine as it's the cheapest brand. It's overpriced everywhere except amazon. Which amazon depends on where you live. I'm in the USA and our amazon doesn't have it. I either order from the Spain or French amazon. Sometimes they're out of stock or it says it won't send to USA but a lot of the time it's available.

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Question for you all. I’ve gotten my Seti from Zhe Chem. It is soooo staticky, it just flies all over the place when trying to put it in pills. Has anyone had the same issue? Is it just Zhe stuff? Has the Lyphar done the same?

talesofdahustle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Question for you all. I’ve gotten my Seti from Zhe Chem. It is soooo staticky, it just flies all over the place when trying to put it in pills. Has anyone had the same issue? Is it just Zhe stuff? Has the Lyphar done the same?
my first batch from lyphar seti was super staticy but the second batch I got from them is not, I can make the pills super fast and nothing flies. But the first batch of lyphar I could literally feel it dissolving in my stomach and sometimes keep my up at night , this second batch I don't feel anything in my stomach and no side effects at all. Maybe its the tolerance I've built up to seti but I am going to test it as I'm still not seeing good results . One reason may be that I don't always take it on an empty stomach for 2 hours as I eat a meal after 30mins - 1 hr of popping seti 1 gram

ffar1989

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Deam. I really like your results. Of course it is not what we all wish for... but since it stops Hair Loss and brings back what you still have in great shape, I would say, this is something what we need! Is there any approximately year of release it? I know that fevi is hitting into 2020(will see :/) but what about seti itself?

talesofdahustle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
westonci doesn't seem to post much in seti related threads anymore, but from the pics I see minor and not cosmetically significant results so the jury is very much out on this as a viable treatment
well seti is just for maintenance given that westonci had aggressive male pattern baldness thats pretty good

ffar1989

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@cesc Finasteride give even worse results in some cases...

Badbald

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi @westonci do you have any updates with photos by any chance?

I think we all really appreciate the updates and the value in these especially as we wont be finding out the results from the trails for another 10 months or possibly more. thanks very much