My Regimen
Reaction score
Received: 23 March 2017;
Accepted
: 13 December 2018;
Published Online
: 08 April 2019

Anticipated results
Our protocol provides a method for generating a bioengineered 3D-IOS by inducing an organforming
field in multiple EB explants of iPS cells in an in vivo transplantation model. Because most
organs develop through interactions between epithelial and mesenchymal cells, we recommend
differentiating iPS cells into epithelial cells via the artificial formation of EBs and clustering multiple
EBs for transplantation.
In this protocol, we describe the induction of a 3D-IOS by combining Wnt10b-stimulated EBs and
the CDB transplantation system. The CDB transplantation method is important for inducing
epithelial cyst formation, which contributes to the epithelial and mesenchymal interactions in organforming
fields (Fig. 1b). An explant of the cluster transplants using unstimulated EBs does not
generate abundant hair follicles in the IOS, and various epithelial lineages, including ectodermal
epithelium, acinar-like structures, and endodermal epithelium (including gastrointestinal and
respiratory organ epithelia), are often observed (Supplementary Fig. 1). Wnt10b signaling, which is an
essential signal for the induction of epithelial and mesenchymal interactions for folliculogenesis
during embryogenesis, induces the formation of skin and its appendages in the IOS (Fig. 2d,e). By
regulating the positional signaling of the body axis during early embryogenesis with BMP, fibroblast
growth factor (FGF), and sonic hedgehog signaling, this method can induce the formation of a variety
of organs and systems.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg

Christoppp

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Received: 23 March 2017;
Accepted: 13 December 2018;
Published Online : 08 April 2019

Anticipated results
Our protocol provides a method for generating a bioengineered 3D-IOS by inducing an organforming
field in multiple EB explants of iPS cells in an in vivo transplantation model. Because most
organs develop through interactions between epithelial and mesenchymal cells, we recommend
differentiating iPS cells into epithelial cells via the artificial formation of EBs and clustering multiple
EBs for transplantation.
In this protocol, we describe the induction of a 3D-IOS by combining Wnt10b-stimulated EBs and
the CDB transplantation system. The CDB transplantation method is important for inducing
epithelial cyst formation, which contributes to the epithelial and mesenchymal interactions in organforming
fields (Fig. 1b). An explant of the cluster transplants using unstimulated EBs does not
generate abundant hair follicles in the IOS, and various epithelial lineages, including ectodermal
epithelium, acinar-like structures, and endodermal epithelium (including gastrointestinal and
respiratory organ epithelia), are often observed (Supplementary Fig. 1). Wnt10b signaling, which is an
essential signal for the induction of epithelial and mesenchymal interactions for folliculogenesis
during embryogenesis, induces the formation of skin and its appendages in the IOS (Fig. 2d,e). By
regulating the positional signaling of the body axis during early embryogenesis with BMP, fibroblast
growth factor (FGF), and sonic hedgehog signaling, this method can induce the formation of a variety
of organs and systems.

View attachment 116870 View attachment 116871 View attachment 116872 View attachment 116873 View attachment 116874 View attachment 116875 View attachment 116876 View attachment 116877 View attachment 116878 View attachment 116879 View attachment 116880 View attachment 116881 View attachment 116882
Can you explain. Isn't this really good news?

Sino

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think its Not so good, we just Need a warranty that Tsujis Treatment will work

Left4bald

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you explain. Isn't this really good news?

Yes it's a really good news because the protocol works greatly in an vivo model (animal) and can "induce the formation of a variety of organs and systems" (Like skin and hair follicles). This protocol works not only on mouse, but rabbits, goats. It's nice to see that Master Tsuji keeps his promise.

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes it's a really good news because the protocol works greatly in an vivo model (animal) and can "induce the formation of a variety of organs and systems" (Like skin and hair follicles). This protocol works not only on mouse, but rabbits, goats. It's nice to see that Master Tsuji keeps his promise.
And it's from 2017 right? So he should be closer to the final product by now

wc5269

My Regimen
Reaction score
Someone well versed in science pls break it down for us normies

This protocol is not particularly important for hair regeneration.

Basically, to create an organ you need the specific stem cells that your body used to create it in the first place. So for example, if you want to make a liver, you need liver stem cells. The problem with this is that those stem cells are only present during birth in the embryo. Some Americans may recall that there was a big debate on if "embryonic stem cells" should be allowed in science research, and this is why. Scientist use embryos to get these stem cells and study them. The problem with this is even if we are able to develop an organ in the lab using these embryonic stem cells, it doesn't mean we can implant them into humans because the immune system will treat the organ as a foreign object and try to destroy it.

And that's why this this protocol is so important. It describes a way to create organs without embryonic stem cells, instead using something called Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells (IPS). That way you can create an organ with a patients own IPS cells, and in theory, that would prevent their immune system from attacking it because it will recognize it as a natural part of the body.

The reason it's not that important for hair regeneration is because hair stem cells are one of the few stem cells that are present in adults, so obtaining them has never been a problem unlike other types of stem cells. This development was never needed for them to grow hair cells in the first place.

Looking at it from a bigger picture perspective, this is still great news. The field of stem cell research has made giant leaps in the last decade, and Dr. Tsuji is on the cutting edge. We're in good hands, and more than likely hair will be the first type of cell we have the ability to create and implant into humans.

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Vast majority of stem cell therapies are in very early stage. And tiny minority of scientists around the world can reproduce them with same quality. That is one of the biggest problems. We can not create 10,000 stem cells with same quality.

Medusa01

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why there is still no explanation? do you think takashi can do it ? can we trust the japanese people ?

Marcaronii

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
One thing I do not understand is why they delayed the human clinical trials to 2020. Nevertheless, I hope they succeed.