Update From The God Himself - Dr. Takashi Tsuji

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yes bwtter start without the preclinical studies and then fail in clinical studies to delay another decade and waste a few millions. great
They finished the preclinical safety trials and got approved by japanese FDA to start clinical trials 2 years ago. If everything goes right the clinical trials will start in 2024, which is the closest that we can get for hair cloning anywhere in the world.

I am just little confuse here, because I don’t see Dr. Takashi Tsuji name on their official website. Dr. Tsuji protected all his patents under his name or RIKEN, so I guess he is involved as the main science advisor. Just like Alexey is in Stemson.

Ralph Wiggum

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

After ending its partnership with Riken and Dr. Takashi Tsuji in 2021, Organ Technologies is back. It is renaming itself to Organtech. Moreover, they plan to start hair regeneration related clinical trials in 2024

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score

After ending its partnership with Riken and Dr. Takashi Tsuji in 2021, Organ Technologies is back. It is renaming itself to Organtech. Moreover, they plan to start hair regeneration related clinical trials in 2024
This guy or blog is totally wrong.

Dr. Takashi Tsuji and RIKEN BDR are founders and owners of OrganTech. Next month they should close another round of funding if they win the prize for innovative technology.

badnewsbearer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
the question is, how will they make sure that the cloned dermal papilla cells do not die in the new aptotic environment in the frontal scalp. when doing a hair transplant the DPs from the back are extracted with the entire follicle so also with the mesenchyme dermal stem cells and progenitors for the dermal papilla cells that all have seemingly a methylated(down regulated) androgen receptor gene. however, in environment of high DHT like the frontal scalp even a lower AR expression can lead to minaturization(e.g hair transplant goes to sh*t without finasteride for young men even the transplanted donor hair will thin in the high androgen front) and additionally lots of death signals like tgfb and IL-6 in this area.

so I wonder, if they extract the dermal papilla cells and culture them to form an organoid, the dermal sheath must also arise from this and it must have the same properties as the occipital follicles otherwise you need an anti androgen. I can see tsuij doing this because they actually culture dermal papilla cells, however for stemson I dont know what the expression profile of their DP cells is like.

I guess you could edit the genes in vitro however you like and probably push the cells to not express certain genes like AR or SDR5A1/2/3.

thats the only way you can make them androgen resistant. however I wonder if that would bring additional hurdles as this could classify as gene therapy? not just cloning of an organ but making epigenetic changes to it? it seems its not really clear regulatory wise how this would be judged

I think the fact that the cloned hairs in mice from human mesenchyme showed proper cycling suggests that they can also regenerate the dermal sheath. as the dermal papilla cells regenerate from their progenitors in the dermal sheath, if the DS was damaged, the hair would disintegrate after a few cycles because DP cells themselves have been observed to not really proliferate and rely on the stem cell pool from the DS). tsujis approach the AR sensitivity could then be straight forward, if the AR expression during culture does not change it should be as resistant as transplanted hairs. these also thin over time but much slower

Last edited:

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
I thought Messiah Tsuji was rolling this out to market by 2020. Despite COVID occurrence, there were only more supposed roadblocks. I wouldn't expect to see much more than "research in progress" by 2026 year's end.

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Doesn’t have to do with this but check out the updates on Verteporfin, as typical we couldn’t raise enough to keep funding hair transplants to test the effectiveness of Verteporfin and a user donated almost 15k himself to keep it going. Verteporfin could be used this year, unfortunately Tsuji won’t be available for years if ever. Check it out guys Verteporfin.org

badnewsbearer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
verteporfin is okay when you either are already of old age and want to do a transplant and might need a little more grafts, young guys who can use and tolerate maintenance drugs like finasteride. however for young guys who have extensive baldness verteporfin won't be the solution at all, there is no guarantee that you will respond to the drug at all and you have to do a transplant first to find out. however since most people here are not candidates at all(transplants are really a meme at this point and done way to often) or cant tolerate maintenance drugs, this won't work. you need somewhat of a guarantee that you will grow enough hair back in the donor area where it allows you to potentially cover a NW7 area. this is the same requirement that you'd have for hair cloning with the difference that cloning does not when it goes wrong, deplete your donor area.

I think if someone will be successful in the hair cloning area it won't likely be tsuji because his method is apparently not very scaleable. so much so that other researchers like Junji Fukuda have commented on it being scientifically smart but not scaleable for large scale production.

I think if someone makes it its either stemson because they bet on high scalability from the start or Fukuda. Stemson recently hired someone who usually takes care of clinical trials so maybe the are getting ahead, however the history and there I will agree with Kiwi tells us that its often not a good idea to be optimistic about any of this stuff.

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
verteporfin is okay when you either are already of old age and want to do a transplant and might need a little more grafts, young guys who can use and tolerate maintenance drugs like finasteride. however for young guys who have extensive baldness verteporfin won't be the solution at all, there is no guarantee that you will respond to the drug at all and you have to do a transplant first to find out. however since most people here are not candidates at all(transplants are really a meme at this point and done way to often) or cant tolerate maintenance drugs, this won't work. you need somewhat of a guarantee that you will grow enough hair back in the donor area where it allows you to potentially cover a NW7 area. this is the same requirement that you'd have for hair cloning with the difference that cloning does not when it goes wrong, deplete your donor area.

I think if someone will be successful in the hair cloning area it won't likely be tsuji because his method is apparently not very scaleable. so much so that other researchers like Junji Fukuda have commented on it being scientifically smart but not scaleable for large scale production.

I think if someone makes it its either stemson because they bet on high scalability from the start or Fukuda. Stemson recently hired someone who usually takes care of clinical trials so maybe the are getting ahead, however the history and there I will agree with Kiwi tells us that its often not a good idea to be optimistic about any of this stuff.
Disagree with the young guys with Verteporfin. The whole point with Barghouthis trials right now is to find a consistent method that brings out the highest percentage of improvement, therefore creating a consistent method. Another thing you could do is go from a Norwood 7 to a 4 then check your donor again and see if you can lower, 4 to 2 then lower if possible. Not amazing but way way better than what we currently have now.

badnewsbearer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Disagree with the young guys with Verteporfin. The whole point with Barghouthis trials right now is to find a consistent method that brings out the highest percentage of improvement, therefore creating a consistent method. Another thing you could do is go from a Norwood 7 to a 4 then check your donor again and see if you can lower, 4 to 2 then lower if possible. Not amazing but way way better than what we currently have now.
I just dont see it happening. the risk is too high. also you dont really know how the donor grows back, the quality of those hair, if you can harvest them again for example. if you cant tolerate maintenance drugs then you need more donor what if its then depleted. with cloning you have infinite donor and you dont need to get massive scars on your head that also dont heal completely. verteporfin im sure can help with scar healing, however its very unlikely it can completely amoreliate it because then it would be the holy grail for other fields in dermatology and rn it doesnt seems to have reached that interest or status

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
3rd Party Palm.JPG