Update From The God Himself - Dr. Takashi Tsuji

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
In other words, moving an occipital hair to the top of the scalp doesn't change the fact that it's resistant to miniaturization.
So they pretty much know by their own research that hair restoration with multiplication will clear Androgenetic Alopecia out!? That's satisfying and terrifying at the same time... Cool!

Keratinpro

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
So they pretty much know by their own research that hair restoration with multiplication will clear Androgenetic Alopecia out!? That's satisfying and terrifying at the same time... Cool!
Wait what do you mean clear Androgenetic Alopeicia out, I'm confused lol

Roeysdomi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In other words, moving an occipital hair to the top of the scalp doesn't change the fact that it's resistant to miniaturization.
There plenty of evidence that even the the hairs from the donor zone thinned in a matter of 2-3 years after the transplant . A time period that way faster to thinned rather then if it would never been extract from donor zone.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
There plenty of evidence that even the the hairs from the donor zone thinned in a matter of 2-3 years after the transplant . A time period that way faster to thinned rather then if it would never been extract from donor zone.
That's probably because they are being taken from areas where the person was already prone to miniaturization (ie the NW5-6 zone) and then get blasted by scalp DHT plus shock damage on move. Even with FUT, I see strip scars in the NW6 zone on the sides all the time.

Last edited:

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hang around the transplant world for long enough and you hear plenty of those reports. Transplanted hairs thinning and donor area thinning. It's not a consistent thing but it definitely happens. Severe baldness takes no prisoners. The "safe zone" is not 100% safe, it's just being hurt less severely.

Some guys even report their transplanted hairs thinning faster than the rest of the donor hair it came from. It's not unheard-of.

The guys who got early plug grafts (like 4mm chunks) used to report a "donuting" problem where the center of the grafts would bald out compared to the perimeter. I don't think that has ever been explained very well. Just catch-all explanations like "reduced circulation due to scarring". IMO the phenomenon seemed too specific for that to cover it.

Roeysdomi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's probably because they are being taken from areas where the person was already prone to miniaturization (ie the NW5-6 zone) and then get blasted by scalp DHT plus shock damage on move. Even with FUT, I see strip scars in the NW6 zone on the sides all the time.
Nope im taking about the safe one the real donor zone.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nope im taking about the safe one the real donor zone.
Then they have dupa/retrograde or another type of hair loss that extends to the new follicles like a scarring alopecia that was never treated. This isn't a one size fits all.