Update From The God Himself - Dr. Takashi Tsuji

Shush

My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s nice to dream, but the cloned follicles will still be subjected to male androgens.
Lots of transplanted hairs eventually wither away as it is. The regimens being tried in this forum are the cutting edge. Perhaps we don’t have FDA nod of approval, but we have freedom to conduct hair research that I’m sure is not escaping the eye of traditional researchers.
Buying potentially dangerous stuff without a real scientific proof of their efficacy from some dubious chinese laboratory = cutting edge ?
But trusting a scientist that has worked for more than 20years of his life on hair regeneration and has organ technologies and government back up = dream?
Allright bro nothing wrong here

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Exactly. It's the same tech they've been working on since before 2016.smdh
I don't dispute that they played with that technology. But that was not what they were using to develop the hair regeneration procedure that they were planning to commercially release in 2020:

ZERO mentions about iPS cells in that interview. They were getting the DP cells from hairs, not iPS cells. Clear as water.

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sure man, do you really think tsuji gives a s*** about what you and some other guy who writes on this forum think of him? Are you that delusional? Stuff was cringe to read.
Now I don't know if the source is reliable, I hope it is and that we get some positive newszl, but I just appreciate the fact that a reputable man of science is working on a cure
We are in 2021. Companies and people monitor about what's being said about them in social media. HLC2020 was one of the first users the new Riken twitter profile followed after setting up. This is the number 1 hair loss forum in the world. If you think they are not aware of us then you don't know anything about how the internet works nowadays.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't dispute that they played with that technology. But that was not what they were using to develop the hair regeneration procedure that they were planning to commercially release in 2020:

ZERO mentions about iPS cells in that interview. They were getting the DP cells from hairs, not iPS cells. Clear as water.
Maybe this will help you. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3999465

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The Organ Tech germ method wasn't using iPS cells.

And the future method that was going to use iPS cells wasn't getting it from hair.

From their own website
Screen Shot 2021-02-08 at 14.53.53.png

If I had to guess I think their announcement will be related to regeneration of hairs via iPS cells.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
What do you think the announcement will be about in February 10? Which obstacle did they overcome

I know nobody Knows for sure but what’s your guess

It’s nice to dream, but the cloned follicles will still be subjected to male androgens.
Lots of transplanted hairs eventually wither away as it is. The regimens being tried in this forum are the cutting edge. Perhaps we don’t have FDA nod of approval, but we have freedom to conduct hair research that I’m sure is not escaping the eye of traditional researchers.
I had the same thought. You will still need to cut off androgen supply to the pilosebaceous unit. And then you can say that you're "cured", sad.

Unless there will be gene therapy, but not in our life time, I guess.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score

And the future method that was going to use iPS cells wasn't getting it from hair.

From their own websiteView attachment 156653

If I had to guess I think their announcement will be related to regeneration of hairs via iPS cells.
I am confused why RIKEN claims that they use iPS cells. And also as the "first". Sounds more like a competition between Stemson and RIKEN. Mh

jan_miezda

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

From their own websiteView attachment 156653

but it says in the third technology type they use them already. they haven't shown much research to us regarding that path though

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
The study from the tweet you quoted shows they were working with ips cells in 2016, yet you still want to claim they only started looking at it in 2021 after Stemson did it. Does your daddy work for Stemson or something? You are obsessed with proving they are the best

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The study from the tweet you quoted shows they were working with ips cells in 2016, yet you still want to claim they only started looking at it in 2021 after Stemson did it. Does your daddy work for Stemson or something? You are obsessed with proving they are the best
" yet you still want to claim they only started looking at it in 2021 after Stemson did it"

lul wut???

Where did I say that?

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am confused why RIKEN claims that they use iPS cells. And also as the "first". Sounds more like a competition between Stemson and RIKEN. Mh
Yea the "first" pretty much looks as a veiled shot at Stemson. They are feeling the heat! Good! Let them fight!

jan_miezda

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
i wonder if its related to this from November 2020:

"Researchers at the RIKEN Center for Biosystems Dynamics Research (BDR) have developed an improved human-skin equivalent that reproduces traction-force balance in the lateral direction, a property that controls the structure and physiological function of skin. This artificial skin will enhance in-depth analyses of physiological skin functions, provide solutions to skin problems caused by diseases or ageing, and reduce the need for animal testing."

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@werefckd
I don't understand why you are so upset. For us it is good when there are several providers. It is always good for the market when there are multiple providers, it drives prices down and speeds up development. Unless you may have Stemson stocks
Who is upset? Did you even read my posts? I'm PUMPED that we may have the battle of the ages Terskikh x Tsuji. I just hope Riken doesn't disappoint with their Feb 10h announcement.

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
please don't expect too much. I think Riken will only announce start of clinical studies.
I'm thinking about the possibility that they may start a "small scale" "lite version" clinical trials very soon, without being really prepared to it, just to beat Stemson to the punch, and I think it would be great if they do that! Every side needs to feel the pressure

Last edited: