Update: Follica's Presentation At The 2017 Aad Meeting

JuliAN90

My Regimen
Reaction score
2019/2020 we can just get tsuji treatment and do not need follica anymore :D Really sad. Let´s just hope for Brotzu, really last hope until 2020. Replicel won´t be a solution for high norwoods.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
2019/2020 we can just get tsuji treatment and do not need follica anymore :D Really sad. Let´s just hope for Brotzu, really last hope until 2020. Replicel won´t be a solution for high norwoods.

If it comes out in 2020: it will only be in Japan, they said they aim to treat just 10,000 people globally and it will definitely cost a fortune.

Follica and conventional treatments will be relevant for a very long time. In fact, I'd wager that I'll be old by the time a NW7 will have easy access to and can afford a next-generation hair transplant.

JuliAN90

My Regimen
Reaction score
True, sure I am happy if they bring something to market and follica itself too for sure, because they could make more money as a single player on the market. But still, I was hoping for an earlier release.

But now what do we have?
it is really depressing waiting another 4-5 years for any treatment

I really hope fidia is just having stability problems .......

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
True, sure I am happy if they bring something to market and follica itself too for sure, because they could make more money as a single player on the market. But still, I was hoping for an earlier release.

But now what do we have?
it is really depressing waiting another 4-5 years for any treatment

I really hope fidia is just having stability problems .......

I'm sorry but where are you getting possible release dates?

Has the company said this?

Or are people speculating?

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
The average Phase III trial last 17 months, and Follica hasn't even started yet. There's no way they release in 2019.

It isn't going to be a phase 3 trial in the traditional sense like you think. They'll be aiming for 510K FDA approval. It's a medical device after all.

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
But what about their compound?

There isn't going to be any novel compound. It has to be a compound that is already approved on the market due to obvious reasons. Most likely one or more that are off-patent (could be a combination of compounds)

Not if there's a novel compound involved. Do you have a source for that?

Sure: http://puretechhealth.com/images/investors/Puretech_Pi_e-Prospectus_Final_T08_CNB-v2.pdf

"Thereafter, Follica plans to seek FDA 510(k) clearance using data from a pivotal clinical trial at multiple clinical sites within and potentially also outside the US. The pivotal trial for the in-office procedure is expected to be initiated during 2016 and would be expected to complete in 2017"

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
There isn't going to be any novel compound. It has to be a compound that is already approved on the market due to obvious reasons. Most likely one or more that are off-patent (could be a combination of compounds)

Sure: http://puretechhealth.com/images/investors/Puretech_Pi_e-Prospectus_Final_T08_CNB-v2.pdf

"Thereafter, Follica plans to seek FDA 510(k) clearance using data from a pivotal clinical trial at multiple clinical sites within and potentially also outside the US. The pivotal trial for the in-office procedure is expected to be initiated during 2016 and would be expected to complete in 2017"

If sheisido shows solid efficacy, why can't replicel utilize the 21st century cures act to release early in America? Have they done any phase trials in America, or have they only done them in BC?

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
If sheisido shows solid efficacy, why can't replicel utilize the 21st century cures act to release early in America? Have they done any phase trials in America, or have they only done them in BC?

Shiseido will show solid efficacy because it's the same tech as RepliCel and RepliCel can't utilize the 21st Century cures act because RepliCel has the organizational skills and punctuality of a one-eyed man with cataracts charged with alphabetizing the Hogwarts' Library and who also has no fuckin' legs to get there anyway.

You mean 10,000 people per year?

That's what they said in the interview this site did with Organ Tech.

Royaume

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@That Guy H2 means that Shiseido is going to release data the earliest in June 2018??

Some users said they expect data in the beginning 2018?

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
Shiseido will show solid efficacy because it's the same tech as RepliCel and RepliCel can't utilize the 21st Century cures act because RepliCel has the organizational skills and punctuality of a one-eyed man with cataracts charged with alphabetizing the Hogwarts' Library and who also has no fuckin' legs to get there anyway.

Haha! Maybe I don't understand the FDA well enough, but even tho it's the same tech doesn't replicel have to do trials in the USA to get FDA clearance? So even tho efficacy works in Japan with sheisido, aren't they required to go through phase two in America as well before utilizing the 21st century cures act? Have they even done a single trial in the US, or has it only been in other countries so far?

SamFT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

So only 10000 people a year will get the treatment or only 10000 ever? Im so confused

SamFT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They're projection is 10,000/year I assume till they can scale it better
Ohh okay that sounds about right I was gonna be pissed if they only did 10000 ever lol but hey guys if u win the lotteey ill be glad to pay for all of your hair transplants with Tisujii

SamFT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

This information is making it so confusing so then are we expecting it to be completed or did they not even start? Lol

SamFT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also did anyone read the Information in page 108 about follica!? "FGF-9 promotes hair follicle regeneration after wounding" So its pretty safe to say FGF-9 is one of the compounds??