Ultimate Stack To Deal With Finasteride Side Effects

Saulus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
"A significant relationship is identified between those treated with finasteride and MBC"

Ok im not a native speaker but it seems to me that they dont really distinguish between 1 and 5mg even though its clear that the risks of 1mg compared 5mg are quit different

dermrafok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok im not a native speaker but it seems to me that they dont really distinguish between 1 and 5mg even though its clear that the risks of 1mg compared 5mg are quit different
In the study, it does not look like it or it seems that...The study affirms it.

Saulus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
In the study, it does not look like it or it seems that...The study affirms it.

Well baldness increases risks of skin cancer and high dht probably risks of prostata cancer so ... such is life i guess

dermrafok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well baldness increases risks of skin cancer and high dht probably risks of prostata cancer so ... such is life i guess
So, I guess it's better not to make things worse, right? Again. All of you need alternatives to Finasteride.

Saulus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Big market here. And the demand is HUGE.

I wont wait for sth that might never come and probably wont be affordable in the first years

I need hair now not in 20-30 years and not in my 50s

Hair matters until the late 30s..after that its a nice to have feature

Endmymisery

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Big market here. And the demand is HUGE.
Just because the demand is huge and the market is huge, doesn't mean the science is good enough yet to tackle hairloss yet, all we have now is finasteride and must be taken if you want to be able to have enough hair for the future treatments to be more beneficial

I really hope shiseido pulls through though, that would make finasteride obsolete. But for now, finasteride is all we have.

Reactions: Oro

Artisan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Janet, I know I've told quite a few people on this forum that they're my most favorite idiot, so perhaps I've been unfaithful, and, for that, I am truly ashamed. But, still, we must try to make the best of ourselves in spite of our most pressing flaws, so I will, yet again, renew my vow with an invigorated effervescence inspired by my immortal youth and declare, for the last and final time: You, @JeanLucBB, are, and forever will be, my sincerest, most favorite idiot.

I'll say now, as I've said before: you're freedom to take the drug--though the drug itself I may personally disagree with, albeit I've given it.a trial--I fully support, and will defend to the death your right to do so. (Not you personally, since you're a silly c*** (although maybe, but only if gyno was a guarantee because I'd wanna see them titties))

Though you're impassioned dedication to this detestable drug may be commendable purely for the sake of demonstrating your ability to make some sort of work for yourself, it is, nonetheless, an abominable cause. Why you'd choose to use the drug yourself is your own business; why you'd recommended it as a current option for treating hair loss is understandable; why you have any trouble understanding that it's a bullshit drug that does, indeed, have negative effects in the body and does nothing good for anything other than possibly maybe your hair, is asinine and insensible (although the answer may be found in my last quote of yours).

Why you're so indomitably obsequious to a drug like finasteride, I just can't begin to fathom. When someone asks what options there are for the treatment of hair loss, it seems completely reasonable that all the available options would be stated; but to be so adamant about its harmlessness and to underplay the effects of hormonal diminution in the brain and body--all those known and yet unknown--though you may not care much for your own putrescent smarts, is mental indolence.

No study will ever demonstrate that finasteride or duta cause
noticeable negative effects in all men, ever. Anyone who would declare that finasteride or duta cause noticeable negative effects in all men is an imbecile.

And that is the stupidest thing I've ever read on this forum and supports the point that you don't care to even consider the neurological ramifications of medication-induced hormonal alteration. A 16-year-old might not notice the negative effects the inhibition of developmental hormones has on his brain and body right away, so I'm sure they're negligible, right? The fact is, if you're completely unwilling to take what is known, both objectivly and subjectively (there is information hidden in anecdotes that report similarly, especially when they amount to any substantial quantity, if you're willing to abnegate your own delusions and denials for a time), work your own little mental gymnastics--however well you can--and perform a feat of conjecture the likes of which you've probably never known, then you yourself are baseless, incorrigible, and should reevaluate what you seem to proclaim in regards your weltanschauung to science, and probably life. Unwilling is one thing; but if you're unable to hypothesize on your own and only accept the explicit statements of your very own cherrypicked studies and data to determine your credo, and unwilling to be forthright about the known knowns and the known unknowns regarding the drug, then you're just plain useless and should refrain from preaching your perfidious choir to people seeking information about options.

I know that this is a bit to demand of you since you're so passionate about this drug, but I'm going to submit a request in supplication: try to use your brain a little bit and see if you can infer just what the brief data on 5AR-I's and neurosteroids
might mean for the bodily functions of people, in both conspicuous, and inconspicuous, manifestations. Even the slightest integration of the information available to you into your vacuous claptrap would be an improvement. You'll have to fill in some of the blanks for yourself, Casandra. The fact is, it's up to you to dispute the utility and purposiveness of neurosteroids and why inhibiting them, despite what you can find to demonstrate the negatives of doing so, is negligible. And if the answer is "because I want to regrow my hair," more power to you. But, if the answer is "if the negative effects are absolutely unnoticeable by users, then they aren't even negative," then you, silly c***, can f*** right off. The fact is, you'll be hard-pressed to find someone who doesn't personally recommend the use of finasteride or duta, who will not concurrently recognize that there's a chance for people to take it without noticeable side-effects. The other fact, is that you're the only person of all those I've ever come across who speak about the drug, out of those who personally support its use and those who don't, who demonstrates such an insuperable allegiance to their own delusions.

There's a fancy little graphic for you that I found right quick just to get you started on your new researches into neurochemistry. Bye, Rachelle.

View attachment 75650

I think this is the best post I've seen on HairLossTalk.com! Shakespearean.

Saulus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Long story short

untitled-1-jpg.jpg

Artisan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Was looking at Cabergoline a little more, found some interesting studies that suggest it could be useful for those experiencing decreased libido side effects, especially with finasteride.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16728967

I need help here, Finasteride can cause prolactin levels to increase right? If that's the case then wouldn't cabergoline help?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14764772

Also for those rarer individuals that suffer from male orgasmic disorder (a possible side effect of finasteride) then again surely cabergoline be useful.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4822480/

I'm a little high right now so if I'm off the point completely then forgive me. Thoughts?

Athlete1987

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Was looking at Cabergoline a little more, found some interesting studies that suggest it could be useful for those experiencing decreased libido side effects, especially with finasteride.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16728967

I need help here, Finasteride can cause prolactin levels to increase right? If that's the case then wouldn't cabergoline help?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14764772

Also for those rarer individuals that suffer from male orgasmic disorder (a possible side effect of finasteride) then again surely cabergoline be useful.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4822480/

I'm a little high right now so if I'm off the point completely then forgive me. Thoughts?

This is on point, thanks for sharing.

Cabaser is more than a match for the particular negative sexual sides seen with finasteride.

Procar_2017

My Regimen
Reaction score
Will be ordering some tonight here in the U.S... will keep you posted on its effectiveness. Oh, and to quote another poster, it really isn't cheap!! I ordered the 20 day supply 2mg pill..figure I'll take a half a pill per week.. this would be amazing if it works for me. Am hopeful also it will counter the estrogen and be my one-stop-shop to help combat the finasteride side effects

Last edited:

Procar_2017

My Regimen
Reaction score
Meant to thank you for this post!!!! I actually was got results from my primary physician today who said that my testerone was normal though its been low for the last 3 years..am guessing with the loss of conversion to DHT that it made it higher (sure hoping I'm wrong). I have another battery of tests I did with a new urologist for DHT, Test, prolactin, etc.. I'm so afraid that the results are permanent (though I was off the drug almost 2 months prior to my blood test, the Test came back normal :().

I really would love to have a great sex drive again and I work out 3 times a week so if I can get cabaser without a presecription, I'll give it a try. If I can't, I'll try the supplements.

thanks again!!

p.s. My primary physician seemed a little nervous when we discussed the downside of finasteride and hurriedly referred me back to my urologist.. I imagine many people have taken this through the years. Like you said, even with YOUR medical background you weren't aware.. thanks to Merck I imagine being secretive or just not doing enough tests. And you're right, its so hard as I second guess myself and try to layout a timeline and to remember how I felt before..depressing

Hey buddy. I’m sorry to hear about this however I used to actually be one of those who felt there was no sides even though with my medical background,

I was fully conversant with the fact that any use of an anti-androgen was going to have a negative effect on levels of hormones that are critical to physique, emotional and psychological health. It’s essy to kid yourself though that what you feel like after 2 years on finasteride is probably what it was like before you started - as mentioned in my post above, you’ll either forget what it was like or convince yourself to forget if that makes sense.

Despite this, I stopped and lo and behold what I had put down to age, stress etc etc was nothing of the sort.

This is why self reported feelings of study participants are next to useless. Even when somebody has no motivation to lie to themselves, people are terrible at recalling events from the past - I’m sure you’ve seen enough science books in recent years about how people’s brains lie to them - at this point I’m amazed anyone would believe a study based on self reported feelings of participants.

Ultimately, by taking finasteride you’ve been taking something that regardless of whether other people on the the thread believe it or not, is a drug that elevates estrogen and lowers dht.

Ignoring every other potential side effect, we know that doing that will have a bad effect on male sexual function. At a high enough adjustment you’ll lose all desire for sex probably. This is the nature of the hormones themselves and even 100 million finasteride users claiming to be in amazing physical and mental condition wont change the fact that raising estrogen and lowering dht is bad for men wanting to be physically and sexually at their best.

(It’s why men with a high androgen level and low estrogen level will naturally be more dominant, muscular etc. If the finasteride makes no difference at all as others claim then we should expect that when we look at world class athletes just as many men have high estrogen and low DHT as vice versa, something which is obviously untrue).

Anyway, sorry for the long digression. It just makes me sad people are so desparate to save their hair that they are willing to believe their own bodies are somehow immune to changes in hormones.

I think, a conservative choice for you, one you didn’t mention before, would be a drug like selegiline or even milder 9-MBC. These are widely used and in fact, despite some of the kneejerk reactions on this thread might make you think, both have applications in other ways, and both have been shown to be neuroprotective (selegiline has a lot of interest as a life extension drug in fact believe it or not).

In your case, if you didn’t want to go with cabaser then I think from what you said in your last post, one of those would be appropriate. The pharmacy I posted earlier carries the selegiline I think and it’s probably cheap too + ignoring effects on sex drive you’ll definitely find it great for creating a great mindset, making you more focused at work and mean you don’t need so many stims (which might be good for prostate too as stimulants are notorious for causing prostate issues).

Good luck with your decision. I’ll keep an eye on this thread if you need more help.

Tiger Shark

My Regimen
Reaction score
Meant to thank you for this post!!!! I actually was got results from my primary physician today who said that my testerone was normal though its been low for the last 3 years..am guessing with the loss of conversion to DHT that it made it higher (sure hoping I'm wrong). I have another battery of tests I did with a new urologist for DHT, Test, prolactin, etc.. I'm so afraid that the results are permanent (though I was off the drug almost 2 months prior to my blood test, the Test came back normal :().

I really would love to have a great sex drive again and I work out 3 times a week so if I can get cabaser without a presecription, I'll give it a try. If I can't, I'll try the supplements.

thanks again!!

p.s. My primary physician seemed a little nervous when we discussed the downside of finasteride and hurriedly referred me back to my urologist.. I imagine many people have taken this through the years. Like you said, even with YOUR medical background you weren't aware.. thanks to Merck I imagine being secretive or just not doing enough tests. And you're right, its so hard as I second guess myself and try to layout a timeline and to remember how I felt before..depressing

Finasteride does indeed increase test but by blocking dht, that is the key androgen when it comes to libido etc so even if test goes higher on finasteride it will not offset the loss of libido and sexual enjoyment.

With that said, the cabaser will I think do the job - I would personally start by taking 0.5mg twice a week (1/4 tab for you) then adjust frequency and/or dose from there after a week or two.

Keep me posted, hope it goes well. Only other thing I would say is that when taking cabaser you might notice a drop in blood sugar so I would suggest taking it with carbohydrates. (after 2-3 weeks you might notice your body composition improving as it leans you out).