UK1's Story - (NW2, pics inlcluded)

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Re: UK1's story (+ pics)

good to know finasteride is doing its job for you! congrats!

G

Cheers, always good see the old guys back in town. Be sure that I will be here even in 10 years from now.

RaginDemon

Reaction score

Taugenichts said:
Cheers, always good see the old guys back in town. Be sure that I will be here even in 10 years from now.

hopefully not.

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Hey UK1, are you glad now that you added minoxidil because its seems like from you pics after 100 days on finasteride your hair was doing fine, then i noticed you said you had a shed while on minoxidil. Now though are you happy you added it? Has it helped out?

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score

oops, my bad, i didnt see you had stopped using it

RaginDemon

Reaction score

He hasn't posted for a long time. I hope he has been doing great in life!

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Dogs3 said:
Hey UK1, are you glad now that you added minoxidil because its seems like from you pics after 100 days on finasteride your hair was doing fine, then i noticed you said you had a shed while on minoxidil. Now though are you happy you added it? Has it helped out?

I rarely come here these days although CCS's new scheme to start wearing a wig has drawn back me in. :) I'm glad that I tried minoxidil but didn't find it as beneficial as I'd hoped for the effort I was putting in, I'm now happy to maintain what I have with finasteride, or at very least, slow down the whole process. I'm spending a lot less time worrying about my hair but do still love my cap which makes it easy to forget about most of the time, my hair's also considerably longer now. Things are great thanks Raging Demon. ;)

RaginDemon

Reaction score

UK1, finasteride seems to be helping me maintain as well...I hope it can buy me sometime til better treatments come out.

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Almost 16 months on finasteride now, I still use Nizoral every day or two also, mainly because it gives the hair body. I have missed the odd day with finasteride and sometimes bitten my Proscar into sixths or sevenths instead of fifths but overall I have stuck to it well wherever I've been and whatever I've been doing. As a result of this my hairloss appears to have slowed down considerably, alongside the fact that I now just get on with my life and accept that someday it'll obviously be gone, it's just nice to prolong it and that's what finasteride is doing.
As good as that all sounds.. I am getting to the end of my 18 month supply and starting to question whether or not I want to continue, mainly due to the side effects that I've spoken about previously. My semen is still like water and I have noticed that my hard on is 99% at the best of times, I think I might be cumming quicker too? Anyway.. the idea of gambling with this is starting to worry me a little, I'm not a bad looking guy and would still have plenty of use for my dick with no hair, if finasteride hadn't done such a good job I would've stopped a long time ago. in reality I just don't think I'm ready to stop and will probably look into my next supply soon but thought that I would share my thoughts with you all.

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hey UK1, glad to hear your doing good :)
i havent been here for a long time because my hair was doing great
i read you consider stopping and i want to comment on that - i stopped the dutasteride 2 months ago because of side effects and i just started to lose hair again few days ago and its not nice
just think about it before you do it because its just hard to let go...
im gonna try taking 0.5 mg of finasteride now and see how that works you could try that too...

antonio666

Reaction score
why are you 2 considering dropping the meds when they are clearly working for you,in mean you have a way of preventing your genetic destiny and think of all the people who do not respond to meds like you and they would give there right arm to be a responder

IBM

Reaction score
antonio666 said:
why are you 2 considering dropping the meds when they are clearly working for you,in mean you have a way of preventing your genetic destiny and think of all the people who do not respond to meds like you and they would give there right arm to be a responder

Post pics please.

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
antonio666 said:

Did you miss the bit where I listed the side effects? I understand what you mean though.

Hi Roki! Long time no speak! Yea I've been doing ok, life has really changed since we last spoke, I totally understand what you mean about not stopping, I've just cut down a bit really, it needs to be done for some peace of mind. Glad that you have been getting on with your life too, funny how this place draws us back in though. :) It's great to see you about again, hope we get to catch up soon.

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I finally finished my 18 month supply of Proscar, it actually lasted me closer to 20 as I missed some days and also stretched some of the pills into 6 pieces towards the end.
Part of me was tempted to just stop for reasons I've discussed previously but having recently told a good friend of mine about it who is also suffering from hairloss I decided to continue, he's going to start using it too so I bought us both some Fincar from United pharmacies, I'm really pleased with the results of finasteride and would be gutted to lose the benefits of having taken it for almost 2 years.
I haven't taken any for about 3-4 days and placed my order today, anyone have any idea how long it takes? I'm sure that my head is starting to feel a bit itchier already! It may just be the hot weather though. :)

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
[quote="UK1"
I haven't taken any for about 3-4 days and placed my order today, anyone have any idea how long it takes? I'm sure that my head is starting to feel a bit itchier already! It may just be the hot weather though. :)[/quote]

excuse me for not reading the rest of the posts but if you ordered from inhouse or united then hopefully a week on the dot :)

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Well.. I've been taking Fincar for 5 months now, it seems to be doing a good enough job, I still have most of my hair but I've definately thinned out around the front.. it's definately not effecting my life as much as it was but obviously still bloody frustrating.. my friend has been really happy with the results and has had positive comments from other friends of ours.
Overall I can't complain either, I realised long ago that it was going to go eventually and that I'm just slowing it down. :)

zb00st

Established Member
Reaction score
Do you think that frontal thining is because of switching from Proscar to Fincar ?
Because I started taking Fincar 5 months ago and I am not satisfied with results and plan to give Proscar a go.