UK1's Story - (NW2, pics inlcluded)

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It is now day 120 and I have noticed that my hair is falling out again very easily and fast.. I almost forgot what it was like to lose so much.. I've been applying the foam for 22 days now and hairs are just coming out and sticking to my fingers as I put it on. There is now a noticable difference in my density (especially at the front where I apply minoxidil) as I have been losing bits over the last week or so too.. I know that this is just the beginning and have been waiting for this as theoretically this is where the fun should begin but it really caught me off guard, I started getting used to the fact that it had stabalised. :) The next stage of the treatment will finally answer the question I have been wanting answered, will it work for me?

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
in a month from now youll have a full head of stinky hair :)

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Looks like you are getting good results. I'm curious about you have a number of sheds, I still don't really understand if shedding is something that some folks will experience for a few months or years and years?

I'm only in month 3, no real big shedding, some hairs here and there.

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
roki said:
in a month from now youll have a full head of stinky hair :)

Ooh.. don't roki.. you'll get me all excited! :hairy:

Klink: Thanks, my first few months were like a dream, the hairloss just stopped, so the real challenge begins now, I lost a lot more hair today too.

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It's now day 132 and I have shed a LOT of hair over the last fortnight.. the good news is that just over a month after starting Rogaine foam I can see the small black hairs starting to grow along the hairline and temples, I am very pleased to finally see this with my own eyes and can't wait to follow their progress as it will make a big difference to my situation if they all grow into strong hairs. Still no minoxidil sides as yet, fingers crossed.

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It's now day 142 and to the naked eye my hair is now at an ultimate low, a minoxidil shed has stripped it of around 1/2 it density in the frontal area where I apply it, it seems to have lost much of the life that it gained from the initial applications. As I mentioned before, I have signs of regrowth on both temples although mainly on the right aswell as blonde hairs along the hairline, if these grow strong alongside the hairs that will now hopefully grow back from the shed then I'll be happy. I also decreased my finasteride dosage from 1/5 of Proscar to 1/6 due to continuing testicle ache, it is only a slight reduction but appears to have done the trick for now.

P1010279.jpg

14Proscar.jpg

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
buzz it
not only because it dosent look good but also because when you will have regrowth and thickening it will start from the root and you really dont need all that unhealthy hair on top hiding all the new borns do you?

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm very tempted to buzz it but I wear a cap most of the time anyway and it looks better with longer hair at the sides and back, when I don't wear a cap I style it differently to in the pictures so it doesn't actually look as bad as that, although it certainly doesn't look great.. If I go through much more shedding a skinhead will be my only option anyway. :?

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
you're on the right path man, i saw small temple hairs way before i saw any density comming back on top. see how long it takes those temple hairs to turn vellus, thats what the hairs on top are doing too. should take a few months but will be well worth it.

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
dietcola said:
you're on the right path man, i saw small temple hairs way before i saw any density comming back on top. see how long it takes those temple hairs to turn vellus, thats what the hairs on top are doing too. should take a few months but will be well worth it.

It will indeed, I always knew that there would be low points on this journey and this is just one of them, I just didn't expect to lose quite as much as I did during this shed, if I couldn't see all those new little hairs sprouting I'd definately be panicking. :)

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
dosent it seemes weird to people that you got a hat attached to your head?

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
roki said:
dosent it seemes weird to people that you got a hat attached to your head?

I've been wearing hats/ caps for years, long before hairloss, I've joked with most of my friends about my hairloss so they know that the cap comes in handy for me, other people just assume that it's an accesory. I'm sure they'd find it a lot wierder if I turned up one day with a shiny head. :)

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i have like 25 hats, people assume they are just an accessory im sure. i've worn hats all the time long before hairloss was an issue for me. i've actually had girls i'm interested in say to my friends "how come he always wears a hat, i like a guy that can look good without his hat sometimes" so when my hairs back to where i want it i'll go hatless for a bit. see if i can pull in a few extra girls.

actually im quite curious because one time that i did style my hair and it looked good, i did very well at the bar. got 6 numbers which is stellar for me. so i wanna see how things go in a couple months without the hat.

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
who goes out to a bar with a cap? it just wierd that's all ,during the day its somewhat reasonable but when going out it just looks like your hiding something

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Same here, I don't go out to bars or clubs much these days but when I do I just style my hair and deal with it.

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
not like im wearing some lame blue jays hat looking like douche, i can still look somewhat presentable in a cap

Axl15

Reaction score
Hey Uk,

After reading your story i dont understand why you went on the foam i think at the 110 (you was only on 12 days of foam at that time) mark when your looked great just from finasteride and nizoral.

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Axl15 said:
Hey Uk,

After reading your story i dont understand why you went on the foam i think at the 110 (you was only on 12 days of foam at that time) mark when your looked great just from finasteride and nizoral.

I have asked myself the same question at times since the shedding began but the main reason is that I'm probably only looking to fight M.P.B for roughly 5- 10 years at the most and want the maximum benefits during that time.