UK1's Story - (NW2, pics inlcluded)

Axl15

Reaction score
to me your hair looked great. did you get any sides from finasteride, what dosage did you use. Im still contemplating what to do UK. I think me and JM1103 (i think thats his nick) just need some assurance before we take the dive. Hope all works well.

Stu85

Established Member
Reaction score
Axl15 said:
to me your hair looked great. did you get any sides from finasteride, what dosage did you use. Im still contemplating what to do UK. I think me and JM1103 (i think thats his nick) just need some assurance before we take the dive. Hope all works well.

Didn't he say he got slight testicular ache? He cut down his dosage and it got better. I also got testicular ache, but I took it like a man. :p It lasted for almost a month but then disappeared and hasn't returned since. I refused to cut down my dosage. And my balls would have to be practically falling of before I'd actually quit finasteride! Yes, I did go to a doctor and have a check up and it involved lots of embarrassing prodding around my....errr... bits and pieces. :shock: But the doctor couldn't find any problems, and said I was fine. So my advice is, if you get testicular ache just ride it out...but do speak to a doctor, for all you know it might not be the finasteride, it could be the first signs of a hernia or even cancer.

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yea I've experienced most of the typical finasteride sides (lack of libido, bloated bladder, acne, watery semen, testical ache) on and off but they've usually been mild, if it worried me too much I would just stop but currently it doesn't and I'm still very optimistic about my treatments.

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It's now day 173, due to the fact that my hair is now longer I stopped taking photographs from above several weeks ago, I now plan to take a frontal shot every month instead, my minoxidil regrowth still isn't significant enough to document with pictures so I am just going to keep a close eye on it. I am still going through a mild minoxidil shed and it has left my frontal section pretty bad, especially when wet, luckily.. the foam still gives it body and with the extra length it's looking suprisingly acceptable. The fact that I'm now officially at the bottom of an uphill battle is very comforting, I am definately seeing alround benefits from the combination of treatments and truly expect my hair to be better a year on from beginning them, that makes me very happy.

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
anything that makes britan's finest happy is good enough for me

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
roki said:

I do believe fine sir that this here medication that we are indulging in, may indeed be working! This time next year we could both be flicking our flowing locks from our faces in the hot summer breeze.

nelson4.jpg

haunted-ballroom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
UK1 said:
roki said:

I do believe fine sir that this here medication that we are indulging in, may indeed be working! This time next year we could both be flicking our flowing locks from our faces in the hot summer breeze.

nelson4.jpg

:shock:

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
do we have to color it blond?

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Goddamn! I just saw your pics for the first time.

That's some great regrowth!

Mods, you should think about moving this to the success forum!

IBM

Reaction score
I saw your pics in the first page. Your pattern loss is identical to mine.

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
roki said:
do we have to color it blond?

I think we'd pull it off better that way. :p

Aplunk said:
Goddamn! I just saw your pics for the first time.

That's some great regrowth!

Mods, you should think about moving this to the success forum!

Thanks Aplunk, I'm pleased overall although I definately don't consider it to be an official 'success' story yet, the length of the hair makes a big difference to the pics, alongside the quality/ texture of the hair since beginning treatment. If my regrowth turns terminal and the rest has re-stabilised by the winter then I'll have achieved my first goal.

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It's day 183, now that my hair has generally stabalised except for the slight minoxidil shedding I have managed to grow it longer than I would've dared before, this alongside the fact that the foam gives my hair body has allowed me to actually style my hair for the first time in a long time, it's still not ideal but great considering, I have found myself getting a little disillusioned with minoxidil since my last post, the regrowth seems to have slowed/stopped, I will definately persist but can see why some people might worry.

front3.jpg

pologuy514

Established Member
Reaction score
UK1,
Wow, you hair looks a lot longer. It's difficult to see any male pattern baldness at all. Looks like it's shaping up well for ya. Keep it up bud.

-Pologuy

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I'm pleased although it's still mainly illusion rather than success on the regrowth front, a friend that started balding at the same time as me came round yesterday and couldn't seem to take his eyes off my hair, he hadn't seen me without my cap since my skinhead and I think he thought that it had been getting quite bad underneath. He'd had his cropped short and it looked a lot thicker too, we both looked quite pleased with ourselves. :)

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hey UK1 im glad to hear your happy with your hair ,i cant say if it looks better or not because of the differance in length and pic qulity ,but the good thing is your not showing scalp

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Re: UK1's story (+ pics)

Hey guys, thought I'd stop by and update my story as I always used to appreciate others doing it when I was a regular poster, I left the the board about 6+ months ago as I had started spending far too much time on it and my hair was becoming less of a problem to me as it stabalized and grew longer. I realised yesterday that it was exactly 1 year ago that I started taking Proscar, like everybody I have been through ups and downs but I am pleased to say that it is still doing its job, my hair is now a lot longer now and doesnt feel much thinner than this time last year, I really thought that I'd be shaving my head by now and consider myself to be very lucky that I caught it early and bought myself a bit more time. Despite positive results early on with Rogaine I found that it peaked early and didn't seem to develop into a sufficient amount of strong hairs so I finally stopped using it a few months ago. Anyway.. hope everyones regimens are going well. :punk:

antonio666

Reaction score
Re: UK1's story (+ pics)

yes i remeber you very well ,good to hear that you are at least mainntaining.
hope things get even better