Tsuji Riken Hair Primordiums - Final 20 Questions

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The wait has me on the edge of my damn seat.

Baldybald1

Established Member
Reaction score
The most important thing for me that will be released in 2020, I don't care that much about the rest of the info ;)

yep78

Reaction score
I feel like a cat waiting for a mouse to come out of its hole. As soon as that interview is published, I'm pouncing.

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
Personally, I am most interested in the epithelial cell culturing, as that is the absolute most vital piece of the puzzle

Are they giving details as to how they plan to address the issue? It sounded like they were just admitting that it still is a holdup, but they hope to have it solved soon with a few possible methods that seem promising?

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are they giving details as to how they plan to address the issue? It sounded like they were just admitting that it still is a holdup, but they hope to have it solved soon with a few possible methods that seem promising?

I would not know.

It seems that they feel they have viable methods to solve it; I would assume there will be a new paper forthcoming.

As excited as I am for the interview, "have you solved the epithelial cell culturing problem" and "is the project still on track" are all that I really see as being pertinent information. Everything else is just interesting facts.

UpAway

My Regimen
Reaction score
So just to confirm this would be the ultimate cure if it works. As long as you have at least 100 hairs on your head..you'll be able to get back a full head of hair?

FoucaultII

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So just to confirm this would be the ultimate cure if it works. As long as you have at least 100 hairs on your head..you'll be able to get back a full head of hair?
Well, if it were just 100 hairs left, that would mean you would get those plugged off and if for some reason the treatment failed, you would be left with no hairs whatsoever. So, no.
You would need at least some 1000 hairs (sides and back, even with diffuse thinning) to get satisfactory results.
Alright?

H

Reaction score
Nobody knows for sure how it all goes down yet. Im sure like follicault said 1000 a better situation althought I think what they really need is a good cluster of donor hair for 1 extraction.

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You can make 1024 hairs out of one hair in theory. An average head has 100,000 hairs.
You can make 1024 hairs worth of DP cells using 1 hair with the culturing methods currently established. Whether or not the culturing process for epithelial cells can meet this standard remains to be seen.