Tried Propecia, Rogaine Foam, Tricomin, Prox, Nizoral, Topical Spironolactone

inland

Established Member
Reaction score
hey, saw this thread and I've been a long time lurker here. This thread gave me hope to go ahead with a non finasteride treatment

I'm 23 with relatively slow hairloss, still a NW2 but one side is starting to thin. I wanted to do a similar routine to you and just ordered some s5 cream, and have been using Regenpure DR as my nizoral for a couple of months already

My only question is: how to make it all cheaper? Tricomin appears to be like $100 a bottle, and Revivogen scalp therapy only comes in 3 month $100 supply too. Rogaine foam isn't exactly cheap either, so adding everything up together it seems to cost around or over $300..

that seems a bit expensive every 3 months to keep up, I might leave Tricomin out of the equation for now.. any suggestions would be welcome though incase I'm missing something

I get my tricomin for under $50 on amazon. Some of the others are expensive, but in my case, "3 months" of anything lasts at least 6 months, sometimes up to a year. One bottle of foam usually lasts me 4 months, and that's a "one month" supply.

ebay Tricomin: http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/201889367837?lpid=82&chn=ps&ul_noapp=true

I started on this site when I was 23. Thought I was doomed. Now that I'm almost 34, most of my friends are losing hair and I'm maintaining. Best of luck to you! :)

inland

Established Member
Reaction score
Today was a great day, went and got my haircut and my barber said my hair feels thicker than normal!

Been eating really clean and consistent with my regimen. Every time I go on a strict diet, my hair looks great.

Johnmpb

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Today was a great day, went and got my haircut and my barber said my hair feels thicker than normal!

Been eating really clean and consistent with my regimen. Every time I go on a strict diet, my hair looks great.

Please describe your diet and things you avoid.

How do you like the new s5 cream so far?

inland

Established Member
Reaction score
Please describe your diet and things you avoid.

How do you like the new s5 cream so far?

I dont eat any dairy, sugar, or grains. I eat mostly vegetables, lean meats, nuts, seeds and some oils. Lots of water and nothing processed or in a package. My hair looks and feels awesome when I eat really clean, and I have better results than ANY topical or oral I've ever taken.

Last edited:

ozan35

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello. My english is not very good. I hope you understand me. I read the whole thing. But I did not see when you started. (Revivogen) How long have you been using it? (Revivogen) Why did you start using it? How many of your hair are spilling every day?

THX

Edit:Congratulations. It was a good story.

cyde01

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just wanted to say i stumbled on this forum and thread today. I've been fighting a losing battle with minoxodil 5% alone for 5+ years and just woke from another stageof denial. This thread has inspired me to try your approach, although i'm concerned that without the initial jump start from propecia (finisteride or whatever its called)i won't have similar success. In fact it sounds like your method isn't considered forum orthdoxy, which also makes me concerned about what my results will be. I'm almost willing to try propecia because it sounds like it worked for you at least for the initial regrowth. Regardless, i ordered s5 cream, tricomin, and 2% nizoral today. As with the poster above me I'm also curious about revivogen, why you thought it necessary when you were already maintaining well.

inland

Established Member
Reaction score
Revivogen is somewhat recent, and I seem to go off and on. I don't think it's doing much, but I know it's not hurting, so why not? It's expensive, so I may not buy any more. My success in a nutshell is the big 3, then maintaining just with topicals. I do not think I would have nearly the success starting with nizoral, minoxidil, and s5. s5 at it's best will stop hair loss in its tracks. If I run out, or get lazy, I notice. And when I go back on, it only stops further damage. Good luck guys!

cyde01

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I guess i need to suck it up and get some finasteride. I've been on a similar regimen to yours now minus the revivogen for like 10 days or so, actually starting to see some new baby hairs popping up already. But i'm turning 37 and i'd like to jump start the growth and grow back as much as i still can. I hope i can post a success story like yours some day.

RonRon7775

My Regimen
Reaction score
Revivogen is somewhat recent, and I seem to go off and on. I don't think it's doing much, but I know it's not hurting, so why not? It's expensive, so I may not buy any more. My success in a nutshell is the big 3, then maintaining just with topicals. I do not think I would have nearly the success starting with nizoral, minoxidil, and s5. s5 at it's best will stop hair loss in its tracks. If I run out, or get lazy, I notice. And when I go back on, it only stops further damage. Good luck guys!
What do you think about the new S5 cream? Is it as effective as the old one? Are you using the regular S5 cream or is it S5 plus cream?

Caffeineandstudies

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am asking the same as RonRon. I am using Revivogen scalp therapy and now thinking if I should add S5 cream and dermaroller 0,5mm. Only temples are slightly balding for me (Norwood 2.5)