Tried Propecia, Rogaine Foam, Tricomin, Prox, Nizoral, Topical Spironolactone

thiswomps

Reaction score
You are going bald eventually if you are not on finasteride. You need an inhibitor otherwise you are ****ed. Why did you stop it? You said you have no sides with 0.5

1) Why do you care so much?

2) You have no idea if thats true.

And S5 is an inhibitor.

Is your hair still going strong Inland?

inland

Established Member
Reaction score
You are going bald eventually if you are not on finasteride. You need an inhibitor otherwise you are ****ed. Why did you stop it? You said you have no sides with 0.5
Well I have been off finasteride for years now with no further loss. I was in denial, libido was effed. I am now back to 100%.

does your spironolactone smell weird?! also did you recognize a change in your odour? i was using spironolactone and smelled like onions ...
New s5 has a much more pleasant smell.

is it hard to apply the cream? it looks a mess for diffuse thinners. how do you apply s5 cream?
I only apply s5 to the outer edges and one small spot on top, so it's easy for me.

- - - Updated - -
Just a quick update, haven't been here in a while. What sparked the idea to post was how I remembered that I feared I would be completely bald by age 30. Loss was happening at such a fast rate -- I thought I was doomed. I have been battling loss for over 8 years now, and now that I'm over 30, I have healthier and thicker hair than when I was 22. I style my hair many different ways, grow it long, cut it short, go to work with a bed-head -- it's amazing. I have been maintaining with what I call the fantastic 4: 5% minoxidil, nizoral, tricomin and s5 cream. Only 2-3x a week from each! Saving money... keeping hair!

Attachments

• Pic 046.JPG
    Pic 046.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 849
Last edited by a moderator:

CliffLee

Established Member
Reaction score
inland, great results, your hair looks really good.

I hope you could answer a few questions, when you have the chance:

1) I'm finding that Nizoral dries out my hair a lot, any tips on application? I have seen your recommended use so I may buy a 1% version.
2) How are you finding the minoxidil foam compared with the liquid?
3) Any general advice on applying the liquid? How much are you using in mls? My hair is a little longer and it seems to run a lot. I have been informed that rubbing it in isn't advisable, since it is absorbed by your fingers.
4) Any thoughts on derma-rolling? I have been thinking about adding this in the near future.

Appreciate your time!

inland

Established Member
Reaction score
inland, great results, your hair looks really good.

I hope you could answer a few questions, when you have the chance:

1) I'm finding that Nizoral dries out my hair a lot, any tips on application? I have seen your recommended use so I may buy a 1% version.
2) How are you finding the minoxidil foam compared with the liquid?
3) Any general advice on applying the liquid? How much are you using in mls? My hair is a little longer and it seems to run a lot. I have been informed that rubbing it in isn't advisable, since it is absorbed by your fingers.
4) Any thoughts on derma-rolling? I have been thinking about adding this in the near future.

Appreciate your time!

Hey there.
1) You could try 1% or use a nicer conditioner after using the nizoral.
2) Same, the liquid just has no scent. I put the liquid in a spray bottle.
3) A $1 spray bottle from target in the travel section.
4) No thoughts here, haven't looked into it.

Good luck!

JWM2

Established Member
Reaction score
It is crazy you've maintained your Big 3 results after all this time with just the tiniest bits of minoxidil, spironolactone, Tricomin, and nizoral. Seems to go against all conventional forum wisdom.

bckr

Reaction score
Hey inland.. first i would like to say congrats on you results. Your hair looks amazing.

I'm 23, i've been noticing hairloss since i'm 19 years old. Just before encountering your case on these forums i though i was gonna be bald by 30. Same as you back in the days. I've been having bad times lately because of my hair loss, feeling depressed.

I've been on propecia a year and a half before quitting the drug. Reason was I was still losing hair. My hair still felt like crap everyday, itching and hurting. So i stopped. I never used anything else while on finasteride, only finasteride (didn't have much hair loss knowledge back then). Never had sides from finasteride maybe i should mention.

So seeing where you're at right now and reading your story gives me so much hope to maybe one day get my hair back. You can see some pictures of my hair right now here : http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=10&threadid=111683

inland

Established Member
Reaction score
2017 update, going on 34, started on this site when I was 23. Topical works (minoxidil, tricomin, revivogen, nizoral, s5) keep me going every day. Here's to the guys that said I would lose everything after dropping propecia. Haven't taken it in over 7 years.

Attachments

• 20170403_212405-1.jpg
    20170403_212405-1.jpg
    386.7 KB · Views: 738

Johnmpb

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's a thick head of hair

How often do u use nizoral? Was your hair loss aggressive?

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
2017 update, going on 34, started on this site when I was 23. Topical works (minoxidil, tricomin, revivogen, nizoral, s5) keep me going every day. Here's to the guys that said I would lose everything after dropping propecia. Haven't taken it in over 7 years.

Outstanding, you are an topical spironolactone success story.

@That Guy and @Pasbrillantebrunette may be interested.

Has spironolactone given you any sides?

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score

Damn super impressive semi-long term maintenance from a purely topical regimen

So your primary anti androgens are just revivogen and s5?

inland

Established Member
Reaction score
Yep, antiandrogens are s5 and revivogen. For sides... I was convinced that nothing topical could cause any sides, but I have been off of s5 cream for a couple months due to it not being available, and I noticed a significant increase in my sex drive. Now that I have some again, I may be taming it back, because this is awesome.

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was convinced that nothing topical could cause any sides, but I have been off of s5 cream for a couple months due to it not being available, and I noticed a significant increase in my sex drive.
o_O

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yep, antiandrogens are s5 and revivogen. For sides... I was convinced that nothing topical could cause any sides, but I have been off of s5 cream for a couple months due to it not being available, and I noticed a significant increase in my sex drive. Now that I have some again, I may be taming it back, because this is awesome.

impressive results

you notice any non sexual sides you might have had with s5? anything similar to what you had on finasteride?

my finasteride experience was similar to you. excellent regrowth but a deterioration in my general health. i felt awful on the drug after a year.

man i was kinda pumped after reading this thread but maybe ill give s5 a miss. i dont wana mess with my hormones at all

i read you also used ru, whats your experience with that?

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you started losing hair again after dropping s5 cream?

inland

Established Member
Reaction score
It's hard to say with the sides, the mind can play games. I had an awful experience on finasteride. I was fine with my current topical regimen, the only noticeable difference was the sex drive which is very recent. I'll keep a close eye on how I'm feeling. It is spring, so it could be in my head.

With RU, it was just too expensive and time consuming with no noticeable results. I didn't read about the sides, and I was convinced that I didn't have any, until I read what common ones are after. I got headaches and some involuntary eye movement. Weird. Enough for me to stop.

I have been shedding (seeing hair everywhere), but like I said, I am back on the S5 now. I am happy to say that I have at least 95 ish % of my hair.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's hard to say with the sides, the mind can play games. I had an awful experience on finasteride. I was fine with my current topical regimen, the only noticeable difference was the sex drive which is very recent. I'll keep a close eye on how I'm feeling. It is spring, so it could be in my head.

With RU, it was just too expensive and time consuming with no noticeable results. I didn't read about the sides, and I was convinced that I didn't have any, until I read what common ones are after. I got headaches and some involuntary eye movement. Weird. Enough for me to stop.

I have been shedding (seeing hair everywhere), but like I said, I am back on the S5 now. I am happy to say that I have at least 95 ish % of my hair.

so what exactly is your regimen now?

will you stop the s5 again if you notice your sex drive go down?

inland

Established Member
Reaction score
2017 regimen, here we go:
Morning: 5% foam
Night: nizoral (Mon/Fri only), Revivogen / tricomin after shower, S5 right before bed

The more I think about it, the more I think I will just stay on S5 either way. Even if there is a difference, its not like it's bad. Will update later!

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Night: nizoral (Mon/Fri only), Revivogen / tricomin after shower, S5 right before bed

The more I think about it, the more I think I will just stay on S5 either way. Even if there is a difference, its not like it's bad. Will update later!

cool, so where u get your revivogen/tricomin from?

luminair

My Regimen
Reaction score

hey, saw this thread and I've been a long time lurker here. This thread gave me hope to go ahead with a non finasteride treatment

I'm 23 with relatively slow hairloss, still a NW2 but one side is starting to thin. I wanted to do a similar routine to you and just ordered some s5 cream, and have been using Regenpure DR as my nizoral for a couple of months already

My only question is: how to make it all cheaper? Tricomin appears to be like $100 a bottle, and Revivogen scalp therapy only comes in 3 month $100 supply too. Rogaine foam isn't exactly cheap either, so adding everything up together it seems to cost around or over $300..

that seems a bit expensive every 3 months to keep up, I might leave Tricomin out of the equation for now.. any suggestions would be welcome though incase I'm missing something