Tried Propecia, Rogaine Foam, Tricomin, Prox, Nizoral, Topical Spironolactone

inland

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Tried them all! finasteride, foam, Tricomin, prox, nizoral, spironolactone

ohmanohno said:
You tried prox-n? Is it worth buying?

IMHO, no. It has a long ingredient list, but it's basically spironolactone and minoxidil. Buy the two separately and save $35.

idkwia

Reaction score

Inland - excuse me for not reading the whole of this thread but I have lurked through a lot of it. You are obviously pleased with your results which is great but how do we know that you were really going bald? I have come across guys who lose a bit of hair at the temples and they think they are going bald but they are not. There are also situations when people's hair does begin to thin a little due to stress or other health issues etc. In all of the pics I have seen of you on here you don't look in the slightest like someone who is going bald. I don't want to pee on your parade but where is the evidence my friend?

inland

Established Member
Reaction score

Looks like you're gonna have to read the whole thread! The OP and the 2nd page sum it up pretty well.

guy83

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: big 3. big 3. big 3.

hudsonhawke said:
I wonder why they say not to use it for receeding hairlines when it's obviousely working good for you ;)

was there much shedding on the hairline due to the foam?

where did u read this????

inland

Established Member
Reaction score
Wow I can't believe its been almost a year and a half since I updated.

Feb 2013: Still maintaining exactly where I was with my regrowth in 2008. REALLY glad to say that I'm turning 30 soon and have more hair than when I was 22.

I believe I have mastered my routine while balancing cost and convenience. Here it is:

2 nights weekly (usually Mon, Thurs): Nizoral - hold in for entire shower (sparing amount), tricomin (6 sprays) shortly after, S5 cream before bed (sparingly, to hairline)
2 nights weekly (Usually Tues, Sat): Head and shoulders for entire shower (generous amount), tricomin (4 sprays), S5 cream before bed (VERY sparingly, to hairline)
Every morning after wetting and drying hair: Kirkland 5% minoxidil (kept in an old tricomin bottle, I spray it and rub in 4 sprays)

That's it! This usually costs me about $60 and can last up to 3 months. I'm keeping my hair for about $20 a month, with no side effects, and only about 30 seconds of my time. I am happy with that!

- - - Updated - - -

DSC03195.jpg DSC03192.jpgDSC03200.JPG
Hair was damp so I took a few pics. 3rd one shows my hair styled and up. It does look a little thin, but I don't really care anymore. 90 some percent is still there and I'm content with that. I like wearing it up like I used to when I was 16.

Just because that 3rd one looks pretty thin, here is one with my hair dry and the camera angled up right at my hair line. This was my "bad spot":
DSC03090.jpg

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow I can't believe its been almost a year and a half since I updated.

Feb 2013: Still maintaining exactly where I was with my regrowth in 2008. REALLY glad to say that I'm turning 30 soon and have more hair than when I was 22.

I believe I have mastered my routine while balancing cost and convenience. Here it is:

2 nights weekly (usually Mon, Thurs): Nizoral - hold in for entire shower (sparing amount), tricomin (6 sprays) shortly after, S5 cream before bed (sparingly, to hairline)
2 nights weekly (Usually Tues, Sat): Head and shoulders for entire shower (generous amount), tricomin (4 sprays), S5 cream before bed (VERY sparingly, to hairline)
Every morning after wetting and drying hair: Kirkland 5% minoxidil (kept in an old tricomin bottle, I spray it and rub in 4 sprays)

That's it! This usually costs me about $60 and can last up to 3 months. I'm keeping my hair for about $20 a month, with no side effects, and only about 30 seconds of my time. I am happy with that!

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 19431 View attachment 19432View attachment 19433
Hair was damp so I took a few pics. 3rd one shows my hair styled and up. It does look a little thin, but I don't really care anymore. 90 some percent is still there and I'm content with that. I like wearing it up like I used to when I was 16.

Just because that 3rd one looks pretty thin, here is one with my hair dry and the camera angled up right at my hair line. This was my "bad spot":
View attachment 19435

Inland that is great to hear. Ironically I was thinking about you today.

What are your thoughts on the S% cream.

inland

Established Member
Reaction score
Inland that is great to hear. Ironically I was thinking about you today.

What are your thoughts on the S% cream.

I think the S5 cream is great. It was put together by guys like us, not guys just trying to bank. Easy to use, cheap, no side effects, it works, what else could you ask for?

Good hair man. Do you get an itchy scalp and do you find spironolactone stops the itch?
Thanks! I used to get itchy scalp years ago. It actually seemed to stop when I started eating better. No refined carbs, no dairy. I don't want to open another discussion here, but I honestly believe changing my diet and exercise habits REALLY made a huge difference. My overall health has improved, therefore, my hair has improved.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think the S5 cream is great. It was put together by guys like us, not guys just trying to bank. Easy to use, cheap, no side effects, it works, what else could you ask for?

In what way did it work for you?

BTW I am surprised there arent many reviews about it

- - - Updated - - -

BTW I am surprised there arent many reviews about it

thiswomps

Reaction score
Would you say that your original growth was a result of finasteride though? Would you have your head of hair now if it were not for the finasteride you originally decided to take?

inland

Established Member
Reaction score
As soon as I started applying s5 to specific areas, hair loss stopped dead in its tracks. I've been using it for years now. No shed, no itch, no change (which is a good thing).

Would you say that your original growth was a result of finasteride though? Would you have your head of hair now if it were not for the finasteride you originally decided to take?
Here's how I honestly contribute my success. The big 3 got all my hair back. No question about that. When I gave up on finasteride, I had enough other products to combat the shed to keep my hair (which is what I am still using to this day).

hairdead

Reaction score
does your spironolactone smell weird?! also did you recognize a change in your odour? i was using spironolactone and smelled like onions ...

A

andrew lincoln

does your spironolactone smell weird?! also did you recognize a change in your odour? i was using spironolactone and smelled like onions ...

Haha I know right when I tried it, it reminded me of BO, needless to say I wasn't able to stay on it long.

inland

Established Member
Reaction score
My spironolactone has no scent. However, I am careful not to apply it with minoxidil on my scalp, or apply minoxidil with s5 already on my scalp.

struggle

Reaction score
You are going bald eventually if you are not on finasteride. You need an inhibitor otherwise you are ****ed. Why did you stop it? You said you have no sides with 0.5

secrethero89

Reaction score

Thanks! I used to get itchy scalp years ago. It actually seemed to stop when I started eating better. No refined carbs, no dairy. I don't want to open another discussion here, but I honestly believe changing my diet and exercise habits REALLY made a huge difference. My overall health has improved, therefore, my hair has improved.

is it hard to apply the cream? it looks a mess for diffuse thinners. how do you apply s5 cream?