Tretinoin Enhances Minoxidil Response In Androgenetic Alopecia Patients By Up-regulating Follicular

Badbald

Established Member
Reaction score
they theoretically all work on completely different theoretical pathways, thats the idea of the stack

hairDespair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't get confused by retinol instead of retin-a, which is a tretinoin. Retinol is a watered down over the counter version

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Always the lotion first, then the cream . Apply minoxidil, wait 30 minutes, then apply the cream

So just to be clear. Are you saying:
- do your needling
- use your minoxidil lotion, then
- apply this specific cream

I’m considering a new (new for me at least) min + finasteride topical. And then this cream if people think it’s good.

ohmanohno

Established Member
Reaction score
I was going to order dr Klein topical Promox with has finasteride and tretinoin. I did order Morr F but it feels so greasy and kinda smells. Is anyone using a faster drying version?

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
So just to be clear. Are you saying:
- do your needling
- use your minoxidil lotion, then
- apply this specific cream

I’m considering a new (new for me at least) min + finasteride topical. And then this cream if people think it’s good.

I am not pro needling . Anyway, yes it should be done in that order.

baldlygoing

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Make sure to use the tretinoin that specifically says "Microsphere". I get it from alldaychemist but unfortunately they've been out of the .1% version for over a year now so been using the .04% tretinoin microsphere.

If anyone knows where there is .1% available online would like to know. Might have to go to the derm for a script as I'd like to up my percentage.

Pephair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Make sure to use the tretinoin that specifically says "Microsphere". I get it from alldaychemist but unfortunately they've been out of the .1% version for over a year now so been using the .04% tretinoin microsphere.

If anyone knows where there is .1% available online would like to know. Might have to go to the derm for a script as I'd like to up my percentage.

Have you noticed a difference with using Tretinoin? Currently using minoxidil but I’d be down to try this out with it.

baldlygoing

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you noticed a difference with using Tretinoin? Currently using minoxidil but I’d be down to try this out with it.
It's hard to say in terms of regrowth. I used mainly on my face and hairline since around 2009? I'm 41 now and people are usually pretty shocked and tell me how great I look for my age. Although I feel like I've lost a lot of ground in the past couple of years when I look at old pics I feel like my hair looks the same (or maybe a little better than) as it was in pics from a few years back.

If you're younger I would say to start right away. If nothing else it's great for keeping your face young. Start with the .04% microsphere if you've never used it before as the .1% will make your face look like a slab of meat with all the peeling and redness. But eventually your skin will get used to it and it will look amazing. Problem is it takes a year for that to happen and most people want to see something within a day.

sktboiboi

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's hard to say in terms of regrowth. I used mainly on my face and hairline since around 2009? I'm 41 now and people are usually pretty shocked and tell me how great I look for my age. Although I feel like I've lost a lot of ground in the past couple of years when I look at old pics I feel like my hair looks the same (or maybe a little better than) as it was in pics from a few years back.

If you're younger I would say to start right away. If nothing else it's great for keeping your face young. Start with the .04% microsphere if you've never used it before as the .1% will make your face look like a slab of meat with all the peeling and redness. But eventually your skin will get used to it and it will look amazing. Problem is it takes a year for that to happen and most people want to see something within a day.
Yes, the facial effects are permanent.

Tretinoin is a teratogen. It permanently modifies your skin texture, turning it smooth, fair n soft.

You will go through a painful n itchy phase for 1 week and shed tons of skin brcause its hyperexfoliative. After that, the healing phase kicks in n you will have a new face (texture-wise) use it continoudly for 2 mth and your face will stay that way even after u've stopped using it.

I'm theorising that this has got something to do with epigenetic changes to the skin by long term tretinoin usage(at least 1 month)

Also u will lose all your hair where its applied. That's what it does, to keep the skin smooth n barren. Its an upregulator of BMPs that inhibits hedgehog signalling via inhibiting noggin. It increases minoxidil absorotion because it thins the skin by being kerolyiotic

Last edited:

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I use retin-a on my face, skin looks so much better after using it, just remember to only apply once every few days, then every couple of days then daily to allow your skin to adjust, i also recommend not using it right under your eyes, skin is too thin, can actually damage and cause wrinkles from my experience.

sktboiboi

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I use retin-a on my face, skin looks so much better after using it, just remember to only apply once every few days, then every couple of days then daily to allow your skin to adjust, i also recommend not using it right under your eyes, skin is too thin, can actually damage and cause wrinkles from my experience.
I know this full well myself. My own face is permanently modified by tretinoin. I was on it for like half a year, applying it alnost everyday.

The skin texture changes are epigenetic.

Its been 7 years since I last use it n even today, my face still looks the same when I was using it everyday back then

RU serious

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can confirm retin-A is God tier skincare, easily the best thing I’ve used for my skin and helps counteract minoxidil face aging. Might start using it on the scalp as well then now

Screeech

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Definitely don't microneedle and use tretinoin simultaneously.

You're just going to do way more damage than any good as it's way outside the realms of what your skin (and scalp) can handle.

You are meant to stop microneedling for at least 3 days before you use tret, and not restart for at least another 3 days, so, using both every day at the same time is just going to cause your hair to fall out faster.

Also, I'm not sure if you're allowed to sell stuff over here but I have 12 x .1% A-Ret gel (the strongest one) and 30 x .05% A-Ret gel (the second strongest one) from AllDayChemist that if anyone knows how to use responsibly and happens to needs to buy in bulk I am looking to sell very cheap.

I'm talking $250 worth for $50.

Last edited: