Tretinoin Enhances Minoxidil Response In Androgenetic Alopecia Patients By Up-regulating Follicular

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score

hairDespair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hmm...that might explain why I've been seeing more of a response on my temple points than in the hairline. I've only just started min. I've used retin-a for like 13 years

Bigbone

Established Member
Reaction score
Hmm...that might explain why I've been seeing more of a response on my temple points than in the hairline. I've only just started min. I've used retin-a for like 13 years
How does your skin compare to others the same age?

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting...
Study says only 30/40%typically respond to minoxidil. They DO have a test to measure minoxidil response to hair called Munich Test. This test measures sulphotransferase follicular enzymatic activity.
Subjects told to use tretinoin & minoxidil on dry scalp. Tretinoin increased thickness of dermal layer. This study only lasted 5 days.
Significant increase in this sulphotransferase follicular enzymatic activity in most, not all, subjects man/woman.
So this scientific study shows an increase in this “marker” with tretinoin.
Some forum commentators say minoxidil increases the hairs androgen receptors in long run.. I don’t know, but this furthers my understanding of minoxidil.

Trouse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve been applying a retinol prior to minoxidil on the scalp for a while because I saw a poster here say this a while back. No idea if it’s been effective but it’s habit now I guess. Not the exact same as tretinoin but they’re pretty similar.

sinusoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
People have been talking about this for years. I don't put retinol on my scalp but I do put it on my face. In areas where the minoxidil and retinol overlap like the temple points I do feel there is increased effectiveness. In 2-3 years of hairloss treatment my temple points haven't moved at all, actually. I plan on starting tretinoin this month so it will be interesting to see what happens.

igamblesowhat

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone have a recommendation for a pure tretinoin product? Or at least, the purest available? I looked at a few on Amazon and there were 2 dozen ingredients that I don't recognize and don't give a damn about tbh. I'd rather apply the purest form possible if I were to try this out on my hair (don't care about applying this to facial skin).

So, any recommendations on brands?

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone have a recommendation for a pure tretinoin product? Or at least, the purest available? I looked at a few on Amazon and there were 2 dozen ingredients that I don't recognize and don't give a damn about tbh. I'd rather apply the purest form possible if I were to try this out on my hair (don't care about applying this to facial skin).

So, any recommendations on brands?
I have the same problem. commercial tretinoine sits around 0.05 % so pure tretinoine would be great

Alex Contee

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have the same problem. commercial tretinoine sits around 0.05 % so pure tretinoine would be great
You can get it directly from some companies but it’s pretty pricy (although not much is needed).

You can order from Alibaba but there is a min 1 kilo order.

Badbald

Established Member
Reaction score
Interesting that this is another acne treatment abit like CB but through a different mechanism

Topicals this could work synergistically with

Minoxidil (obviously)
Nizoral Cream
Sandalore
CB

Wound with these and you may be on to something worth while

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting that this is another acne treatment abit like CB but through a different mechanism

Topicals this could work synergistically with

Minoxidil (obviously)
Nizoral Cream
Sandalore
CB

Wound with these and you may be on to something worth while

in that stack, CB is doing like 95% of the job, though.