Toppik and Couvre'

Thinning Sucks

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Couvre is awesome....let hair grow longer and works well if you are not thinning too bad. Better for dark hair. Resists rain well. Have to be careful near frontal as can be obvious if too heavy. Been using for about 10 years. :rockon:

wavydream

Reaction score
Few questions about Toppik

Please answer my queries regarding Toppik.

Is there any alternative for Toppik fiber hold spray. Any other spray which can be used and is easily available and doesn't leave white marks?

Does Toppik stay in strong winds?

Does it conceal effectively also when under the sun?

How many times should it be applied?

For how long can one application remain intact?

What kinda comb should be used after applying Toppik? Is it possible to use a plastic comb?

How often should hair be washed by Shampoo?

Thanks in adv!

floatableTR

Reaction score
Hey wavydream,

I can give you my opinion for your questions, perhaps others can add from there own experiences.

1- alternative for spray.. any other hairspray.. i use finesse and I dont have any white marks problem.
2- Toppik will stay strong in wind if it is hairsprayed in.
3-Sun..yeah its noticable..depends how much you use and how you use it.
4-should only be applied once, unless you have a long day and you've been lying down or its been messed up some how.
5-how long can one application last-I've put it in one day..was out all night..woke up the next day and its still in there.
6-what kind of comb-plastic comb?-I wouldn't think one of those thin barber combs would be good to use right after application, perhaps later on during the day when it has fully settled.
7-shampoo-not really sure about that, there are some threads in this forum somewhere from people more informed on that topic, but I would definitly shampoo it out of your head at night using a very mild shampoo so you can apply your regrowth/maintaining products.

As for application, I'm sure different people have different application processes. I perfer to shake it on and then pat it down, followed by a light comb through with a brush. This helps it get on different 'layers' rather than just on top. The biggest draw back is the sun light or certain lighting situations. All these factors depend on your hair/color/style/gel/etc.
I sometimes use a couvre/toppik combo...turns my hair clock back at least 5 years!! I try not to do that too often. Some people argue that these products give you a false sence of security, which I somewhat agree with, but at the same time I'm gonna enjoy this sh*t while I still can, so those people can :moon:

All in all its a good product for a shitty situation :hairy:
whaddya gonna do.

Jyn

Reaction score
Can someone recommend a place online to buy COUVRé from? Looking for a place that sell it cheap (seems like the going rate is $19.95), ships it fast and doesn't charge alot for shipping.

BTW, has anyone tried COUVRé Protein Hair Expander?

MidnightFlyer

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes, I've used the expander and I like it. I use it right after shampooing, just a nickel-sized dab. It will definitely expand your hair. It's one of only 4 products that I use. If it seems to make your hair too dry, don't be afraid to lightly apply some Brylcreme-like gel to bring back the shine.

gerard

Established Member
Reaction score
just applied toopik for the first time and i m amazed how well this work!!! i can't keep myself starring at the mirror all morning !!!!! wohoo!!

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I want to try toppik, see what it can do. I have 2 questions:

1) I am not thinning TOO badly yet, diffuse in the anterior region. Is this stuff just for bad cases of thinning (me in 2 years at this rate=)? Or can I still use it to give myself an even thicker appearance?

2) I have brown hair, so what shade of brown would I get? Is there a color gauge on their website?

Thanks for your help.

jmco1

Reaction score
Toppik and Covere with RED hair

Does anyone have red hair that has tried these products? What is the best way to match color? My hair is a lighter shade of red than what toppik makes, although the auburn seems to work ok.

Basketballhead

Established Member
Reaction score
I think topic sucks. You cant sweat or swim with it and its kind of a pain in the *** to apply. You should check out Prothik.com. I just bought 2 large cans for 30 bucks. The stuff does not come out when you sweat or swim. I hate to swim in my pool during the day time because of my thinning hair but with prothik you cant even see my scalp when my hair is wet.

I also like Dermmatch.

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
gerard said:
just applied toopik for the first time and i m amazed how well this work!!! i can't keep myself starring at the mirror all morning !!!!! wohoo!!

Take that mirror into some sunlight and look again. You may be shocked.

silkeysmooth

Established Member
Reaction score
quick question:
is toppik not good for a hairstyle in which you part your hair down the center? ive got kind of longish hair, that would look really good if i didnt have to combat it back to cover up the thin spot. I dont mind combing it back, but it seems that whenever i comb my hair back that another part of my scalp shows.
Anyway, does anyone think toppik would help? or would couvre be better suited?

sorry, it wasn't a quick quesiton, but thanks in advance.

Basketballhead

Established Member
Reaction score
The product that has really saved me in the past 6 months has been PROTHIK. It stands up in rain, sweat, in the pool etc and isnt very noticeable in sunlight. I also use dermmatch which is also a great product.

G

Hi peoplei have had a transplant will it be safe to use with my transplanted hairs?

regards Damien

Ps:Where in Australia can you get it?

Mikeman

Reaction score
Some info on DermMatch use with transplants:

http://www.stophairlossnow.co.uk/products/DermMatch.htm

"Doctors have used DermMatch since 1992. It's especially popular among dermatologists and hair transplant surgeons. Surgeons will often use DermMatch to enhance transplanted hair or to cover temporary scarring. No, you don't need a prescription for DermMatch and most people using DermMatch have never had a hair transplant. It is comforting to know, however, that the world's top hair transplant surgeons use it regularly. If you are undergoing hair transplant surgery, check with your surgeon before using DermMatch or any cosmetic product. Your skin is a living, breathing organ. Be careful with it. DermMatch is healthful for your skin. It will never, ever interfere with the growth of your hair or clog your pores. Your skin can breathe freely through it's safe to wear all day, everyday."

G

cool thanks for the info can you get it in Australia and roughly how much?

michaelroman77

Reaction score
TOPPIK I DON’T WANT YOU!!!
What an imbursement, I went to some meeting and it was very hot in there I was not so sweating but it start dripping all over my face, so NOT cool. Toppik - Why didn’t you say?
Toppik is not good for me!!!
Now I am trying the Haircubed spray will see…

careybill1000

Reaction score
Yes- Haircubed is a good product for thinning hair problem.
I have tried various products techniques and solutions, but none of them where good enough, like you said the toppik is dripping and all other hairspray just painting the scalp.
I saw this product in the Naimie-s beauty center, they said it recommended by doctors, and the only one in the market that is organic. Used for celebrity.
So conclusion you’re going to like it!
No dripping, organic, not coming off with the water.
I found on youtube some movie check this out.
If you google hair cubed.com you will see they use it in the background for movie films.

Hope I helped

[youtube:1cb05ey7]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eC_x6ojAky0[/youtube:1cb05ey7]

threats77

Established Member
Reaction score
LOL..can you make it anymore obvious what yer trying to do? both signed up and yer very first post is touting some crap on a toppik thread from 2005? why not start a new thread if yer happy with a product? whos gonna fall for it..haha :jackit:

PersonGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
If either one of you were in front of me I'd give such a fuckin smack to the chops.