Toppik and Couvre'

Satch

Reaction score
I sure was curious and skeptical about this product when it arrived. I am impressed though I've recently gotten the balls to shave my head down to 2-4 mm so the Toppik only has so much hair to build onto - even then I think it works well. I have tons of vellus hairs where I show most skin yet Toppik covers it suprisingly well - I just get nervous thinking about rainy days, or sweating...

RecedingBoy

Established Member
Reaction score
i hear ya on the rainy days and sweating thing.

but remember toppik or not, those days (and wind days) are a hairloss dudes worst days.

i ususally carry an umbrella if it has been raining a couple of days. leave it in my car, no biggie.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Receding - hope over to 711 and grab a disposable camera. Have your girlfriend or friend take some pix of you in VERY good light from the...

1. Front (we'll block your face)
2. Directly from above (kneel down or something)
3. Side (only one side is necessary)
4. Back (only if you have thinning that shows back there)

Then pop the camera in the mail to us at

HairlossTalk.com
PO Box 881712
San Diego, CA 92168

HairLossTalk.com

RecedingBoy

Established Member
Reaction score
naw, i'll borrow my cousins digital camera, it'll be easier and cheaper :) for me.

i'll take out my face anyway, because i value my anonymity.

i'm ordering another bottle tonight, i ran out of toppik cuz i went crazy today with it :( i wasted too much!

MidnightFlyer

Established Member
Reaction score
A few tips. I use toppik and couvre together. Works well. Don't use either on the hairline, as it looks bad and conspicuous. Let it blend in behind the hairline. It think it's more important to get it on the scalp, then stick to the hair. The scalp is what needs to be colored in order to diffuse the light. But even so, nothings perfect, and bright light, overhead and behind, is the enemy and will always give you away. :cry: In either case, the stuff sure does play havoc with clean pillow cases.

RecedingBoy

Established Member
Reaction score
I haven't had any problem with pillow cases.

My toppik usually does a good job of staying as long as I don't JUST sprinkle it. I have to kinda shake my head to make sure it settles, then wipe off any excess that fell on my face while shaking, and then apply hair spray.

that way it is in place.

Guys, I ordered dermamatch with my order.

I wet my sponge, and while fully wet rubbed it in the dermamatch and then applied it to strands of my hair. It isn't very gentle is it? it kinda yanked on some of my hairs! a few hairs came out (yeah, i know they musta been dead anyway, but still.. toppik doesn't do this).

Guys, can you give me some tips on applying Dermamatch? it makes my hair stick in clumps. It does add volume but it makes it hard to comb after a few minutes. i have to force it to comb and i hate being so harsh on my hair.

Give me some tips or something does it sound like i'm using it okay? otherwise this thing is getting RETURNED!

btw, toppik still RULES!

floatableTR

Reaction score
Well I bought some Nanogen in hopes to find a comparable product to Toppik at a lower price. Product is pretty much identical, comes in a very nice package, and works well. I notice that I had to struggle a little to shake it out of the container. UNFORTUNATLY I wont be ordering it anymore. I though it would be cheaper but it ended up being more expensive because I had to pay a C.O.D. for the duty, but anyone living in the UK and looking for a good alternative I would reccomend it. :wink:

floatableTR

Reaction score
HEY HairLossTalk.com!!! are you still accepting pictures of Toppik users? If so what type of pic's are you looking for...I notice the one's you have now are of frontal with the pesons face and all. I mean I think I would perfer to remain anonymous :oops: .

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Floatable - yes we are. Please see the numbered list above for answers to your questions on the type of pics, privacy issues, etc. Its all up there.

HairLossTalk.com

RecedingBoy

Established Member
Reaction score
HairLossTalk.com: how long you gonna keep it going?

I had a REALLY BAD HAIRCUT. i was given that jim carrey from dumb and dumber haircut where they cut all the way up, no bangs. combine that with the fact that i have a receding hairline and i look like an egg.

:(

i'm thinking of shaving it off maybe

Troymaclure

Established Member
Reaction score
god i HATE it when they shave your sideburns (bangs?) off right up to the top of your ears...it makes me look about 12 years old when that happens :roll:

webdzynes

Reaction score
anybody ever try the wife's eyeshadow? My wife has some dark brown, same color as my hair and I use that to colorize my scalp. Works great -

RecedingBoy

Established Member
Reaction score
webdzynes:

I've been using Dermatch for a couple weeks now and while others may disagree, it ain't much more than an eye shadow to be honest. it does guarantee it will never clog pores or cause hairloss and it does make my scalp feel nice so i use it. cosmetically, however, the main thing to conceal hairloss is to reduce contrast between hair and scalp color.

I.E. if you arel ike me and have dark hair and a lighter complexion then hairloss is most apparent on you. whatever works to reduce the difference is the key.

Troy: i don't know if i used the correct term in saying 'bangs,' what i meant is that they cut it REAL short, all the way to the hairline i.e. i have nothing to cover my hairline with. It is short, but not short like a buzz (buzz's can actually helpt o conceal hairloss IMO), so its in between, not long enough to conceal the loss, and not short enough to either. i look like an egg now.

:(

Troymaclure

Established Member
Reaction score
webdzynes said:
anybody ever try the wife's eyeshadow?

never eyeshadow...i put her underwear on most nights of the week though when she's at weight-watchers :eek:

Receding boy - i thought by "bangs" you meant sideburns...but i know what you mean, there's nothing worse than a bad haircut to make your face look severe at first...but as they say, there's only a week's difference between a bad haircut and a good haircut :wink:

Troymaclure

Established Member
Reaction score
well...i gotta get my kicks somehow :lol:

dante80

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I have purchased Toppik a while back, and using it every now and again. It seems to me without spraying hairspray about the application, it flakes off as easily as you put it onj; which can be embarassing in front of others. When I can put on my hand on the area, and than see fibers on my fingers...isn't that not suppose to happen, since it claims to be water/wind proof.

Your comments/suggestions would be much appreciated. :lol:

Troymaclure

Established Member
Reaction score
it won't bond properly with your existing hair unless you use some kind of fixing spray like they recommend...just use a tiny blast of harspray over the area you have applied it or something