Toppik and Couvre'

A

Administrator

Reposting this on behalf of kårekanon:

Just received my first can of Toppik today and I must say that this does it for me .. It covered up my thinning spot 100%, and it is impossible to see that i have used some "coverup" pruduct..

So I have a couple of questions I hope some of you guys that are using this product can answer.

I bought a economy sized box for 59 US dollars including shipping to Australia, so thats kind of expensive.
Is there anyone out there that know if there is possible to buy toppik in Australia ?

How long will this box last me ? Im just using it on my crown that is a bit thin.

Can I go out in the rain with this stuff ?

Sorry for my bad English

jk

Reaction score
I used Toppik for a 4.5 inch thinning crown and each large sixed can lasts about 2 months. The short, small canister lasts about 1 month.....I think. I order from Spencer Forrest directly though I do not know how it prices getting it shipped to Australia.

For anyone else, has anyone used Fullmore (Toppik in a spray) who used to use just the Toppik fibers. It sounds like it's easier to apply but I am not sure. Perhaps I should just buy a can and see...

RecedingBoy

Established Member
Reaction score
toppik saves my ***.

it does come down when i perspire, thats b.s. when they say it doesnt. but it stands up to wind, and everything except liquids, whether it be water or sweat. i use it on my hairline, and i think it looks good. i use black though and that black is more like a dark blue which kinda sucks. it should be a more natural black.

BuffDaddy

Reaction score
JK, I use fullmore spray. It works really great for me. I used toppik for about 2 years. I really liked how it worked, but my hair kept getting thinner and thinner so I tried fullmore when it first came out. I've been using it for almost a year and I love it. The only bad thing about it is it's kind of messy. Other than that, it's a lifesaver for me. I hope this helps. Take it easy,

BuffDaddy

Friskies

Reaction score
Toppik has been saving me too now for about 5 months, but I have a question for you all. I have a weird start to my hairloss, its just thinning on the right side of my frontal scalp. Some days it looks ok, some days not, but the Toppik really helps.

Since I use it on my hairline, sometimes its noticable to me because it kind of cakes onto my scalp. I might be applying it wrong, but i cant think of any other way to put it on. I wait till me hair is dry, sprinkle it on top, tilt my head back and pat it in a little. It seems to adhere decently, but plenty drops thru to my scalp.

Any little tricks for applying this in similar situations, I guess getting more to stick to my thinning hairs and less sitting on my scalp is the goal. Thanks in advance.

RecedingBoy

Established Member
Reaction score
BuffDaddy: did you mean that Toppik made your hair thinner??? Plz share experiences.

Friskies: what i do when that happens: i use a thin object such as a straightened paper clip to break the caked part off. i kind of gently poke at my scalp and try to make it look like the the toppik is hair sprouts.

takes pratice and a lot of effort.

is anyone else like me in this repsect: i end up wasting about 80% of what i apply. it goes too low on my forhead. i wish i could tilt my head back and sprinkle it accurately.

BuffDaddy

Reaction score
RecedingBoy, my hair got thinner and thinner because I was stupid and wasn't on propecia. Not because of the toppik. I've been on propecia for about 9 months and I believe it is working for me, but I still need to use fullmore spray. Hopefully I'll be able to go back to using toppik in the near future and nothing at all if propecia can start to thicken my hair up. I hope this helps.

BuffDaddy

RecedingBoy

Established Member
Reaction score
Is fullmore good for us on Norwood 2A? With toppik, I don't think anyone can really tell I'm losing my hair. BUT, i do not like the fact that they advertise it doesn't come off when you perspire when it clearly does for me. Maybe because I'm using it in my hairline area, if it even moves 1/4 inch out of place i can see it.

I suspect those toppik users who only use it for their bald spots in the back would be most satisfied.

Also, what is something waterproof? I know Dermatch says you can swim with it, but if it is a powder that only sticks to your scalp, unlike Toppik which is a fiber, won't it be obvious when your head is wet that you have some sort of black gunk on your scalp?

floatableTR

Reaction score
Is there any place to order Toppik from in Canada???????

This stuff is costin me 80 bucks a bottle!!!!! :evil:

Gizmo

Established Member
Reaction score

did any of you guys try COUVRe?
is it any good?

my problem is i have FPB, the thinning is all over. no cetain spots.
it's seems like i have to put Topik all over, and thats impossible.

any ideas?

RecedingBoy

Established Member
Reaction score
A heads up:

Just ordered my second bottle of Toppik. I went for the large one this time, the first order was the small one as i was testing it.

Someone here gave some bad advice last time, it was a while back, but they said to get 'one shade darker' of toppik.

Like if you are like me, and have dark brown hair, to get black. While the black toppik was really good before, this time i ordered dark brown, like my hair really is.

Toppik is even better than i imagine. The dark brown matches my hair almost perfectly. And the little that comes down from persperation/movement, doesn't look unnatural like the black (really almost blue its so dark) did.

my .02: order it just like your hair is.

Satch

Reaction score
Recedingboy, how is the product working for you now? Are you still as enthusiastic as when you first got it? I just ordered a small bottle to try it out. The hair color thing is difficult to decide on. I'm more light brown than blonde but I hear the light brown smears more...? Anyway, I'm going to try it even though I told myself I wouldn't resort to it!

RecedingBoy

Established Member
Reaction score
Satch, yes, i love toppik, still.

however, a couple things i would like to advise you:

buy the color that you ahve. if you have blonde, get blonde, light brown, get light brown. don't get too adventurous in this respect.

it says shake liberally. if you are doing it on your front hairline. do not shake liberally. shake a little, ration it. if you plop a whole bunch of toppik on the front of your head, throughout the day a little bit will slowly come down on yoru forehead making it obvious. if you are putting it for a rear bald spot you probably have nothing to worry about. if you are doing it on your hairline, front, like i do, shake your head a bit after you style and applied toppik. any 'loose' toppik or excess will come down on your forehad then wipe clean.

don't get toppik powder wet, i did and it ruined a good portion of my toppik. other than that, enjoy

Satch

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I did as you advised and got light brown. Looking foreward to trying this stuff tbough I hope I haven't got my hopes up too much...

slaphead

Reaction score
Are cover-up sprays safe?....

Hi Gents,

I have been using a cover-up spray for 5 years now...effective, but very messy.

Am not convined that it doesn't have the potential to affect the dermal/subdermal/scalp layers though?...anone hear anything about this?

Cheers Guys

Slaphead

RecedingBoy

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks polar. i love toppik tho!! i'll be ordering again from folica.com today, should i order a bit of couvre with my toppik order?

A

Administrator

We'll be giving a 40% discount to anyone who can send us some good before and after photos of how their hair looks before and after using Toppik or Couvre'. Must be very good quality pictures so people like BruceLee can't claim they're Fake :lol: Only kidding bruce! We need skeptics to keep us in line. Its good for the soul.

If you're interested, and have a killer digital camera or regular camera and dont mind getting the pix developed, please email us at photogallery@hairlosstalk.com

You will receive 40% off your next TWO purchases of Toppik or Couvre of either size. We will be carrying these products in our Online Product Center very soon.

HairLossTalk.com Administration.

RecedingBoy

Established Member
Reaction score
oh sh*t!!!

THIS IS ALL ME MAN!

I'm MR. TOPPIK.

Send me a digital camera!!!

I bet you the change from pre-toppik to post-toppik is most noticeable on me!!

give me some time to get a hold of a dig camera, but I'm warning the rest of the posters, if i do get some good snaps, you guys are TOAST.