Topical Zinc Thymulin For The Treatments Of Androgenetic Alopecia

jared garnith

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m losing the same amount of hair as I have been since I started balding. Anyway, it’s been one day since starting the treatment. I doubt it would take effect just yet

I thought you said your hairline thickened from topical finasteride though?

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yup, hairline got some pigmented hairs that are growing longer but verrrrry slowly. No results at all for the crown, seem to be shedding more there at the moment. Maybe it’s a good thing maybe not.

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How long have you been using topical finasteride? Are you planning to continue using while trying the zinc thymulin spray?
Been using since the beginning of June, and yes I am. I outlined my routine a few pages back

TK421

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Been using since the beginning of June, and yes I am. I outlined my routine a few pages back

Wow so you've been on topical finasteride for 3 months and no significant decrease in shedding yet? Hopefully the zinc thymulin works.

Squeegee 2.0

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair’s Zinc Level on Androgenic Alopecia

Abstract: Androgenic alopecia is characterized by progressive loss of hair from the scalp. This research aimed to determine the hair and blood zinc levels in men with androgenic alopecia. The research was conducted in the Departement of Dermatovenereology of Dr. Wahidin Sudirohusodo Hospital, Makassar and the Center for Health Laboratory, Makassar, using the observational research method. The samples comprised 21 males with androgenic alopecia and 11 control samples without androgenic alopecia. The hair and blood of the samples were analyzed using the atomic absorption spectrophotometer receipts. The results showed that there was significant difference (p <0.05) between the levels of androgenic alopecia hair zinc and control. On blood zinc levels found no significant differences between androgenic alopecia and control. Hair zinc levels had a significant relationship with the degree of Hamilton, where the lower the levels of zinc in the hair androgenic alopecia, the greater the degree of Hamilton. However, things are different, between blood zinc levels in hair zinc levels and degrees of Hamilton that there is no significant difference. In this study also found between age and degree of Hamilton, where the increasing age, the greater the degree of Hamilton.

http://article.sciencepublishinggroup.com/pdf/10.11648.j.ajcem.20160405.13.pdf

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Mines arrived, wonder if I should stop using minoxidil on my crown or not

furrydome

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Probably better to stop the minoxidil and only focus on this. Then you'll know for sure if this works or not.

Then if he gets a shed from the minoxidil in a few months will it be blamed on the Zinc Thymulin not working?

Why not just stay on the current regimen and add this stuff in addition, that way you can see if ZT is making a difference?

Last edited:

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Mines arrived, wonder if I should stop using minoxidil on my crown or not
I’d probably stay on it man, I don’t think it would hurt as long as you can still apply the ZT 2 or more times a day in addition to min

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you guys wash your hair / scalp every time before applying the topical ?

Last edited:

zinny999

Reaction score
I’m losing the same amount of hair as I have been since I started balding. Anyway, it’s been one day since starting the treatment. I doubt it would take effect just yet

Have you taken any photos pre applying this stuff? If you haven't maybe take from Front and Top please. We need to know what it does to temple and crown.
What Norwood are you now and your age please.

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’d probably stay on it man, I don’t think it would hurt as long as you can still apply the ZT 2 or more times a day in addition to min

Yeah think I will.. 2 times.. Dr Vickers told me try 10-15 times, my jaw dropped

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you taken any photos pre applying this stuff? If you haven't maybe take from Front and Top please. We need to know what it does to temple and crown.
What Norwood are you now and your age please.
Honestly uploading pictures of my hair on here just makes me uncomfortable I'd rather not... I do have before photos though so If this turns out to give awesome regrowth I'll make a before and after pic no problem. Just a personal thing. I'm 24 at nw3 with diffuse thinning.

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wtf 10-15 times?

Can you drop to 3 times after a month or so?
I asked him about frequency of application and some other questions a few months back. This was his reply:

“answers to questions:
The ZT is soluble in water and penetrates down the hair follicle to the bulge region where the stem cells reside by simple diffusion. The area is not keratinised within the hair follicle organ and thus does not prevent absorption.
The current recommended technique is to spray onto the scalp and gently rub in 3-4 times each day. Evaporation of water occurs in 1-2 minutes. However, 2 clients place a bathing cap on the head, cut a small hole and inject 5-10 ml onto the scalp and leave it there for several hours (or longer) and report fantastic results. They are trying to replicate what happens in the science laboratory (and for that matter the scalp with hair) where the bulge stem cells are exposed to activating peptides such as ZT for 24 hrs/day. A direct comparison would suggest something like a 5X increase in the peptide availability in the hair follicle. Simple and cost effective to do. Another person wants to try a derma roller approach after soaking the spray - probably would be effective as well. Another has asked if i can formulate a local injection approach with the peptide in a slow release form like a sustained release or extended release form- there is definitely merit in that idea as well. The longer you can have the ZT peptide in the hair follicle then the better the results and faster more complete hair growth. I am sure there will be good ideas coming from the forum !
regards Dr Vickers”

Again, this is a new treatment so there hasn’t been much data to collect yet. He’s encouraging us to try out different things - personally I think the dermaroller approach will show the fastest and best results but unfortunately I can’t do that because I’m using liposomal finasteride. He’s basically saying that there are probably better methods in terms of results than just spraying it multiple times a day. That’s up to us to figure out

aldog

Reaction score
dermaroll before each application? I already spend an unhealthy amount of time infront of the mirror...

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
dermaroll before each application? I already spend an unhealthy amount of time infront of the mirror...
I wouldn't dermaroll normally daily, I think that'd be too much for your skin to handle. Maybe just dermaroll weekly, or do it very lightly daily to cause erythema (redness of skin caused by increased blood flow)