Topical Finasteride which "locks into the scalp to avoid systemic absorption"

Keisi92

My Regimen
Reaction score
Polichem's phase II is proof enough for me that they have made some progress on stopping systemic absorption, but not enough. The problem is they're applying very little of the solution in their study. But they have probably further improved since then. We'll see -- Phase III data coming up soon. It's actually the first thing we have to look forward to, but because it's finasteride, no one gives a sh*t. I'm hopeful it might help some people who got sides on oral finasteride, but some people will probably get sides with both.

Finasteride results with no side effects would still be better than anything at this point. Especially for people like me who are in the first stages of hairloss and a halt would keep us in a nice position. Side effects are what keeps me from using finasteride and there are a lot of others like me.

otis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Finasteride works by stoping the conversion of testosterone into DHT.If you just apply it to the scalp it wont help because at that point there is already DHT in the blood. It has to be taken orally for it to sop the conversion from taken place.

vegetassj

Established Member
Reaction score
Isnt the clue of topical solutions that it stops the conversion in the scalp and reduces then scalp dht more than serum dht?

d3nt3dsh0v3l

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride works by stoping the conversion of testosterone into DHT.If you just apply it to the scalp it wont help because at that point there is already DHT in the blood. It has to be taken orally for it to sop the conversion from taken place.
That's not true. 5AR activity is very strong in the balding region. DHT concentration in the scalp is much higher than in the bloodstream. There is no 5AR in the bloodstream. The DHT in the blood "leaked" from androgen-intense regions. Keep in mind that on finasteride, DHT concentration is reduced by 90% in the prostate (androgen intense region), 70% in the bloodstream, and only 50% in the scalp (because the scalp has 5AR1 and 2, and finasteride only affects 2). It's the enzyme in the scalp that really matters. And if you could avoid affecting your prostate or brain, then you might expect many of the side effects to be minimized.

ALightInTheDark

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Fina/Duta Topical without or with extremly minimal effects should have been there for a long time.
They screwed up their chance. Winlevi/Breezula is almost there, Darolutamide too.

Janks16

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't agree. I've been using Topical Finasteride for eight months now without any sides and maintaining the hair I have, along with some new hair on the crown. This will help until new products come to the market that actually provide dense hair.

scientist_0005

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't agree. I've been using Topical Finasteride for eight months now without any sides and maintaining the hair I have, along with some new hair on the crown. This will help until new products come to the market that actually provide dense hair.
did you have sides on oral

Janks16

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
did you have sides on oral
I did. Lost hair on my arms and legs, but not my beard. Got man-tits, even though I worked out 5 days a week. I got off the oral finasteride, and the boobies went away about 10 months later. What was worst was that my joint was getting smaller. I got off oral and my package went back to its regular size.
But I haven't had any issues since I've been on topical finasteride.

kuba197

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I did. Lost hair on my arms and legs, but not my beard. Got man-tits, even though I worked out 5 days a week. I got off the oral finasteride, and the boobies went away about 10 months later. What was worst was that my joint was getting smaller. I got off oral and my package went back to its regular size.
You make your own solution?

Janks16

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't make my own. I get it from InhousePharmacy.vu One pack lasts for about 5 months. I've used this company for 10 years. Click on the screen shot below.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-10-21 at 1.59.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-21 at 1.59.55 PM.png
    208.2 KB · Views: 259

Salugi

My Regimen
Reaction score
What's the finasteride % ?

Danjellyman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know this is an older(ish) post but someone poked it back up. Is it still looked at as dangerous to use topical? Weird it’s Ll over the place now! I mean companies are racing to make some jotform based webpage to get your topical finasteride needs! If it was deforming babies of women who come near it then you’d think that would be a major issue?
I have two younger ish kids in my house, I use topical finasteride every other day. Now I’m starting to reconsider.

good thing is, no major sides at all (0.1% every other day topically).
Not doing much to my scalp irritation or hair loss though.
If this doesn’t work I’ll jump on the oral every other day.