Topical Finasteride which "locks into the scalp to avoid systemic absorption"

capole12

Reaction score
Forgive me.. I really dont understand why the usage of Topical Finasteride is such a pioneering development... If the product still goes systemic who cares about a 5% increase in efficacy?

Im really new to this so im not making a statement here just testing the waters! Is there some possibility that the chances of it going systemic can be reduced?

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Forgive me.. I really dont understand why the usage of Topical Finasteride is such a pioneering development... If the product still goes systemic who cares about a 5% increase in efficacy?

Im really new to this so im not making a statement here just testing the waters! Is there some possibility that the chances of it going systemic can be reduced?

They claim their finasteride doesn't go systemic, it "locks into the scalp" as per the title.

PrinceWilliamThe2nd

My Regimen
Reaction score
In practice, this product from Hasson & Wong is a totally new product that's been available for around a week.

I don't think that is actually the case. I e-mailed farmacia parati about a year ago where they send me a prescreption for liposomal finasteride. Then I e-mailed then again about a week ago, asking them about their new "silicone particles with liposomes" and they send me the exact same prescription from last year. Here is the list of the ingredients which were exactly the same both times.

- Finasteride 2,5 % ( two, 5 %)
- Polimethylsilsesquioxane 5%
- Dimethicone Peg 8 5%

I guess they started trying this out on people around the time I e-mailed them the first time. And I don't want to interpret that any further.

However, all of this doesn't change the fact that is still a new formulation that might reduce side-effects by reducing systemic absorption. What we need is somebody who is not on finasteride, does a blood test before using this and then uses this for a few days/weeks and does another blood test, and then reports back to the forum.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Just because someone got sides though on both oral and topical doesnt mean the topical goes systemic to the same amount. It might be a little better than oral still. If it costs a lot more I dont know if its worth it for me atleast. The oral route is also a lot easier

RhinestoneHLT

Established Member
Reaction score
How is this supposed to even work?

If finasteride is locked into the scalp how will it stop the DHT from the 5ar2 made at the prostate from circulating up to your scalp and raping your hair?

finasteride doesn't do anything to DHT in the scalp, only 5ar2.

crowned

Reaction score
How is this supposed to even work?

If finasteride is locked into the scalp how will it stop the DHT from the 5ar2 made at the prostate from circulating up to your scalp and raping your hair?

finasteride doesn't do anything to DHT in the scalp, only 5ar2.

A decent proportion of T->DHT conversion does occur in the hair follicles themselves (as well as other places), I guess the idea is that cutting off the local DHT production, maybe in a more concentrated way than you could achieve with systemic inhibitor, is worthwhile even though some DHT from elsewhere may reach the scalp through circulation.

RhinestoneHLT

Established Member
Reaction score
A decent proportion of T->DHT conversion does occur in the hair follicles themselves (as well as other places), I guess the idea is that cutting off the local DHT production, maybe in a more concentrated way than you could achieve with systemic inhibitor, is worthwhile even though some DHT from elsewhere may reach the scalp through circulation.

Interesting, thanks.

MickChong

Established Member
Reaction score
If Hassan and Wong have released this can someone explain to me why? Surely if this product was to work it would do them out of further business because then the client wouldn't come back for further hair transplants?

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If Hassan and Wong have released this can someone explain to me why? Surely if this product was to work it would do them out of further business because then the client wouldn't come back for further hair transplants?

After the patient has the transplant they advice them to use their topical which you have to use for life = $$$ Secondly people are still balding and will . They will laways have new patients coming
until the cure comes. if it happens..

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
seems interesting

i want to see what sides are and if it actually inhibits dht from binding to the receptors in the scalp. if it still has finasteride sides, then whats the point? **** it lol. but if not, it could be very promising.. only issue i see is , its not like you are wearing this 24/7.. unless you mix it with your hair wax or something lol. just putting it in for 10 mins and washing out wont do **** in the long run, and I'm not keen on sleeping with it in since i dont need an anti androgen that is topical to spread to my pillow, then maybe my face, next thing you know over time i cant grow a beard, my face is femiznied, and then when i scratch my balls at night my dick shrinks in a decade.

Damn man what happened to your dutasteride+Tren dreams?

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Topical Finasteride is not going to be the cure due to a number of factors:

1) Oral Finasteride already reduces skin & scalp DHT levels by similar levels in serum.

2) 5aR is produced in the skin and scalp, in addition to other parts of the body.

3) Finasteride has a molar mass 372 g/mol so can penetrate the skin relatively well, yet topical application is not effective again Androgenetic Alopecia unless it goes systemic.

4) 5aR is also produced in the follicle, men with male pattern baldness do not have elevated DHT serum levels yet have elevated scalp DHT levels.

5) Therefore Finasteride does not seem to be able to inhibit the 5aR that is produced in the follicle, it looks likes it works by reducing the amount of DHT in the serum that reaches the follicle therefore reducing the total amount of DHT available to attach to the AR. Note that DHT is also present on non-balding follicles except at around half the level of balding follicles, likewise T levels are around double the level in non-balding follicles compared to balding ones.

6) The above is the reason why dutasteride although more effective, is not that much more effective considering how potent it is against serum DHT levels.

So unless there is a way of reducing 5aR produced by the follicle, inhibiting DHT without messing with the rest of your body is a dead end. The other hopes are topical AR antagonists that don't go systemic (CB) or anything downstream of DHT before it hits DKK-1.

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Topical Finasteride is not going to be the cure due to a number of factors:

1) Oral Finasteride already reduces skin & scalp DHT levels by similar levels in serum.

2) 5aR is produced in the skin and scalp, in addition to other parts of the body.

3) Finasteride has a molar mass 372 g/mol so can penetrate the skin relatively well, yet topical application is not effective again Androgenetic Alopecia unless it goes systemic.

4) 5aR is also produced in the follicle, men with male pattern baldness do not have elevated DHT serum levels yet have elevated scalp DHT levels.

5) Therefore Finasteride does not seem to be able to inhibit the 5aR that is produced in the follicle, it looks likes it works by reducing the amount of DHT in the serum that reaches the follicle therefore reducing the total amount of DHT available to attach to the AR. Note that DHT is also present on non-balding follicles except at around half the level of balding follicles, likewise T levels are around double the level in non-balding follicles compared to balding ones.

6) The above is the reason why dutasteride although more effective, is not that much more effective considering how potent it is against serum DHT levels.

So unless there is a way of reducing 5aR produced by the follicle, inhibiting DHT without messing with the rest of your body is a dead end. The other hopes are topical AR antagonists that don't go systemic (CB) or anything downstream of DHT before it hits DKK-1.
I thought CB was a dud?

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Therefore Finasteride does not seem to be able to inhibit the 5aR that is produced in the follicle

D1gGf2b.gif

lol, I'm on test , will be on tren soon. Screw finasteride or dutasteride, I'm not a transvestite and I'm only nw2 atm

KbwKoLm.gif

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
It doesn't show up in your notification box?
lmao, imo feels

btw, i dont get notifications when someone responds to me.. how to fix?

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice to see the underrated movie Oblivion referenced on this forum.