Reaction score
I emailed them about this in February. Here was their response:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    53.7 KB · Views: 853

br1

Reaction score
The link to their product (that was removed months ago) is back.

It seems it's available for Canada customers.

Not sure if I should give it a try or wait for Polichem. I'm currently taking 1mg oral, but would really like to move to topical if that would indeed offer less systemic absorption - as they claim (1/18th the absorption)..

Aleksandar

Established Member
Reaction score
I used to use *******'s topical finasteride that was doing real wonders for me. But about a year ago ******* went under again. It defo worked, gave me a very slight ballache (nothing to be afraid of), which went away quickly. Also brain fog occured, but that I stopped with B vitamins and work outs. When comparing my libido, yes it was slightly reduced, but not much. Frankly, saw palmetto reduced my libido more than topical finasteride.... These days, I just mix a finasteride powder in alcohol and smear it all over my head... I also use Lipogaine + azelaic acid and RU and Revita/Big 3 shampoo. The hair is getting better :) Will have a hair transplant in the summer to fill in what I lost in 2 years, which frankly is not that much (I was on and off with the treatment, but since January I am following my regimen strictly).

Sounds good.

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
This product will be available in the US by prescription in 2 weeks! That's exciting

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Liquid Finasteride actually hits the target better. There's not much difference between liquid and solid though. The difference in DHT, which is 80%
liquid versus 75% solid, are small.

Yeah but with their vehicle they're claiming that not much goes systemic

abcdefg

Reaction score
Does this stuff have studies on how much it goes systemic since that is basically the whole basis of this? How does the cost compare to the generic pills?

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
So what's different here? H&W have had topical finasteride for a while, it went systemic and sucked. Rather look forward to the Polichem stuff, that sounds more promising.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
If topical finasteride goes systemic, why does that make it suck? Doesn't that make it equal to oral finasteride?

Dolph

Established Member
Reaction score
If topical finasteride goes systemic, why does that make it suck? Doesn't that make it equal to oral finasteride?
Because the point of topical finasteride is exactly that - to not go systemic. It's an attempt to avoid side effects associated with systemic levels of DHT lowering. If you can tolerate regular topical finasteride that goes systemic and not get sides, you may as well just pop a pill every day, it's easier.

JaySizzle

Established Member
Reaction score
I wonder why people rave about topical spironolactone not giving sides etc... and topical finasteride allegedly goes systemic and gives you sides like oral does... shouldnt both topicals have the same side effects as its respective orals? I know men should never take oral spironolactone, but many take the topical without any sides... I have been taking topical spironolactone for over a year with no sides at all... however, that could mean a couple things... that the s5 cream doesn't even have spironolactone in it.. or it has such a low dose that it isn't doing anything, hence, no sides.... My hairloss is very slow so I don't even know if spironolactone is even working or not.... it just has become a daily routine.

Lastly, on the topic of HW topical finasteride.. I got them write me a prescription.. I am hesitant on using it as I have been reading mixed reviews... I also won't start using it until me and the wife successfully have a child... I don't want to risk exposing her and the fetus/baby to anything.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Lastly, on the topic of HW topical finasteride.. I got them write me a prescription.. I am hesitant on using it as I have been reading mixed reviews... I also won't start using it until me and the wife successfully have a child... I don't want to risk exposing her and the fetus/baby to anything.

Hey Sniper,
Would you mind sharing what H&W charges for topical finasteride.? Much thanks.
More importantly, best wishes for your successful conception/fatherhood.

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
The difference is liquid eliminates more DHT in the scalp. It is better. With Propecia, I could never regrow my temple hair back. But liquid fights it right at the source.

Mine is combined with thirty percent Minoxidil, which is very solid. It takes a while but it does the job! It's working on my Norwood three hairline.

No sides?

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The difference is liquid eliminates more DHT in the scalp. It is better. With Propecia, I could never regrow my temple hair back. But liquid fights it right at the source.

Mine is combined with thirty percent Minoxidil, which is very solid. It takes a while but it does the job! It's working on my Norwood three hairline.

K9,
You never took oral finasteride? If you did, what results did you have?

g.i joey

Reaction score
day 1 of topical finasteride + minoxidil 5% and so far so good, i def used over 1ml lol more like 3, i just did my 2nd application of the day, probably gonna stick to 1 cause i hate how it makes my hair look.

el_rizos

Reaction score
Hi guys. I am old patient of Dr. Hasson . I sent an email to Dr. Hasson asking about topical finasteride because I have side effects with oral finast.

At first , Dr. Hasson recommended using finasteride topical gel to 2.5 % and he sent me a recipe for Italian pharmacy. The following month I wrote back to Doctor hasson asking for topical finasteride and he recommended using liposomal topical finasteride.

Then I understand that there are two lotions recommended by Dr. Hasson . A first topical lotion finasteride to 2.5% gel and a second lotion topical liposomal finasteride . Has anyone used topical lotion finasteride liposomal recommended Dr. Hasson ? Are the side effects would be lower than using oral finasteride? Are the results in the hair would be the same as oral finasteride ? ¿ Finasteride topical gel to 2.5 % is not too much concentration of finasteride?
please , try to draw any conclusion from all of this. Thank you.

dupaman

Reaction score
Hi el_rizos, I think you should ask those questions to Dr.Hasson too. So, the finasteride Liposomal lotion is something totally new and different from the existing finasteride topical's available in the market like Dr. Klein's etc. and the one Dr. Hasson was offering? If it is something new, and not the traditional topical lotions using PG alcohol etc.. then it will be worth to try in my opinion.

hwezdarik

Established Member
Reaction score
Can someone make it finally clear for me.... Is it a 0.25% or a 2.5% topical solution they offer (H&W).. If my calculations are correct: a 0,25% solution means 150 mg of finasteride in a typical 60 ml bottle or 2.5 mg of finasteride per 1ml. A 2.5% solution would then be 1500 mg (1.5 grams of finasteride in 60 ml) or 25 mg per 1ml. And that would make your balls fly away and never return back :D :D :D

big_head

Established Member
Reaction score
I just started fincar. I'd rather take a pill a day that does the same thing then apply some liquid to my scalp. Pill is much more accurate and much faster. Like taking a vitamin.

That is, unless I start getting bad sides. The only topicals I am interested in down the line are topicals I can apply very quickly with no mess. Creams, foams, etc. Something that won't dry out my hair like minoxidil did, I hate that stuff.