Topical dutasteride will destroy your hairline - STAY AWAY!!!

dodgePT

My Regimen
Reaction score
Topical dutasteride is not guaranteed to penetrate far enough to be effective, due to its molecular weight, so basically you're attributting your hairloss to dutasteride, when you should be attributting it to male pattern baldness.

Still, fighting this sh*t for 20 years and having two transplants tells me that losing that amount of hair isn't normal, especially in a year span.

My hairloss was aggressive in the early days, but not to this extent.

If this true, and nothing tells me it isn't, I'd say topical dutasteride doesn't work for you and maybe you should start thinking about using the oral route or quitting all together.
But being an oral dutasteride user isn't easy and I speak from experience.

I wish you good luck, we all need it with this sh*t.

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
8 bottles because I got a good supplier at a great price. With topical you can use it either way or both. Topically/Orally.
In order to make progress you have to not be afraid to do both. I do both..
Everyone is different. The goal is to reach regrowth threshold. If you fine hair & excess negative DHT/androgens/sebum effecting hair growth you have a ways to go to get to that point. So there’s a host of things you can do. For others the threshold maybe easier to get to. But be assured there is a threshold & when you hit it, the hair will regrow.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
8 bottles because I got a good supplier at a great price. With topical you can use it either way or both. Topically/Orally.
In order to make progress you have to not be afraid to do both. I do both..
Everyone is different. The goal is to reach regrowth threshold. If you fine hair & excess negative DHT/androgens/sebum effecting hair growth you have a ways to go to get to that point. So there’s a host of things you can do. For others the threshold maybe easier to get to. But be assured there is a threshold & when you hit it, the hair will regrow.
Do you needle when you apply the topical dutasteride? And how often u use it topically? Oral is proven to work topical isnt proven and to combine the two isnt proven to work. All docs i seen say choose oral or topical not both. I used both for now 15 months but quitting topical now. I already have ejaculation disorder from oral dutasteride and Topical can also go systemic its just too much duta in My system then. Btw you should update Your regimen.

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I sometimes needle.. I have extensively researched microneedling & have many rollers manual & electric. I usually hand roll because they have sharper needles.
I have a .25 roller that I bought years ago from Australia which can draw blood. Wish it had the doctor I got it from, because I would probably buy something else.
Im not promoting Duasteride. Only experimenting with it.
I buy lots of things. One supplier sent me a tan of v****. It just sat in a drawer, until I heard stories about it. Some lady in a coma over COVID-19 and left for dead suddenly revived after getting v****. Dilation of blood vessels & increased blood flow is another theory I reasearch, so I tried it.. I got an erection for a few hours.. So I guess it works for some people. Perhaps it might help..

Matt Rogers

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
All of us on this forum at one time had photos like your first one 12 months ago..
And then the hairline started receding & the density started thinning.. We will never know if you didn’t use Duasteride & your hair degraded anyway or even more…I don’t think Duasteride caused your hairloss. I’ve used minoxidil for years, I never thought it did anything, but I don’t blame it for hair loss.
I have 8 bottles of Duasteride & I use it topically & orally.. I think it helps.
Maybe you experiment. I stopped drinking coffee as an experiment & I think my hair is regrowing better. It could be a host of reasons..
Dude there is no question dutasteride caused that

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
But hyper reflex isn't real - there's no such thing as upregulation or high sensitivity to androgens! ....So they say. Well how in the hell did this guy go from god-tier density to mid-life-crisis divorcee in one year? They say oh he just has super bad balding genes. Again, there is literally not even a sign of male pattern baldness before dutasteride. Anyone figure out the common denominator here yet? Lol. Seriously, the people who doubt these ideas have no other explanation. I seriously doubt this guy just has really aggressive balding. What they are saying is this guy would have went from NW1 to NW5 without dutasteride? Give me a break. Probably would still be about the same. People who don't have hair loss should NOT take these drugs and this is a prime example of why. Never throw the kitchen sink at a NW1.

badnewsbearer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But hyper reflex isn't real - there's no such thing as upregulation or high sensitivity to androgens! ....So they say. Well how in the hell did this guy go from god-tier density to mid-life-crisis divorcee in one year? They say oh he just has super bad balding genes. Again, there is literally not even a sign of male pattern baldness before dutasteride. Anyone figure out the common denominator here yet? Lol. Seriously, the people who doubt these ideas have no other explanation. I seriously doubt this guy just has really aggressive balding. What they are saying is this guy would have went from NW1 to NW5 without dutasteride? Give me a break. Probably would still be about the same. People who don't have hair loss should NOT take these drugs and this is a prime example of why. Never throw the kitchen sink at a NW1.
damn i upvoted you after reading first half of sentence for scientific literacy but it turns out you are not scientifically literate at all. hyper reflex is a complete meme

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
damn i upvoted you after reading first half of sentence for scientific literacy but it turns out you are not scientifically literate at all. hyper reflex is a complete meme
Aren't you the f****r who claims gyno and limpdick from topical fina? LOL yeah educate me on scientific literature. Have fun with your little soggy vienna sausage! xD

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
"here I am with severe impotency at 0.25g/ml topical finasteride and estrogen levels of a trans woman. but I maintain, amazing. the great thing is, finasteride managed to elevate my estrogen without touching testosterone, it even lowered free T by a whopping 50% which is basically semi castration. however I won't say finasteride is a bad drug, some people genetics are just far too degenerate to even tolerate it a little bit ... also after 8 days off of topical finasteride I start to see major regression in hairline as well "

lmao what a whackjob. Seek help!

badnewsbearer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"here I am with severe impotency at 0.25g/ml topical finasteride and estrogen levels of a trans woman. but I maintain, amazing. the great thing is, finasteride managed to elevate my estrogen without touching testosterone, it even lowered free T by a whopping 50% which is basically semi castration. however I won't say finasteride is a bad drug, some people genetics are just far too degenerate to even tolerate it a little bit ... also after 8 days off of topical finasteride I start to see major regression in hairline as well "

lmao what a whackjob. Seek help!
can you elaborate? What exactly is the problem here? do you not believe me or what? I wish very much it was just placebo because I was feeling fine otherwise. but after many months its hard to believe. however I dont understand what argument you are trying to make here

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
can you elaborate? What exactly is the problem here? do you not believe me or what? I wish very much it was just placebo because I was feeling fine otherwise. but after many months its hard to believe. however I dont understand what argument you are trying to make here
That you are a nutcase.

subsidence82

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Its working wonders for me. I take 5 doses a week. A couple sides…. Sore nipples and I lost 50% of my body hair. Particularly on the chest and arms. But the hair on my lid is thick and the golden locks love it.

Doctor said the nipple thing is something to watch and to adjust dose down if they get worse or at any sign of tissue growth. I don’t want tits in time for pool season.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Its working wonders for me. I take 5 doses a week. A couple sides…. Sore nipples and I lost 50% of my body hair. Particularly on the chest and arms. But the hair on my lid is thick and the golden locks love it.

Doctor said the nipple thing is something to watch and to adjust dose down if they get worse or at any sign of tissue growth. I don’t want tits in time for pool season.
Nice troll. But what do you use? 5 doses of what? Are you talking about Topical dutasteride? If so this means it goes systemic for you so may aswell take the pill lol.

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well you’re the one claiming that everything we do and say must be based on scientific studies. So according to your own philosophy and accusations against me, your experiences are invalid.