Topical dutasteride will destroy your hairline - STAY AWAY!!!

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Plenty of people using topical dutasteride and nobody reported such results on discord. More common thing is to have no results at all. Something is off here.
Ye i have no results only hairline hasnt gotten worse but i use oral too.

badnewsbearer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

no way this is real, normally you dont just go slick bald, it looks like a many year difference because there are not even vellus hairs, it is just slick bald.

the free T scalp is complete BS as well, an anti androgen like dutasteride that work on the tissue level can never increase net androgenicity, it is impossible because dht is so mich more potrnt than T and only a fraction actually remains T, even if you have a 100% increase

less intelligent people also do not underatand how percrntages work. 100% just means doubled, if its low in the beginning it will still be low. why would it be low, why would it icnrease 100% if serum T only increases 20%? because 5AR is highly active in the scalp tissue, there is a lot more dht in tissues than testosterone and thus taking a potent 5AR inhibitor will have significant impact on tissue dht and testosterone. but T is probably very low before bc all the T that arrives at the follicle will get convrrted to dht. 100% increase is nothint

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
So the consensus is that this guy is just THAT aggressive of a balder and would be completely bald by now without dutasteride?
no way this is real, normally you dont just go slick bald, it looks like a many year difference because there are not even vellus hairs, it is just slick bald.

the free T scalp is complete BS as well, an anti androgen like dutasteride that work on the tissue level can never increase net androgenicity, it is impossible because dht is so mich more potrnt than T and only a fraction actually remains T, even if you have a 100% increase

less intelligent people also do not underatand how percrntages work. 100% just means doubled, if its low in the beginning it will still be low. why would it be low, why would it icnrease 100% if serum T only increases 20%? because 5AR is highly active in the scalp tissue, there is a lot more dht in tissues than testosterone and thus taking a potent 5AR inhibitor will have significant impact on tissue dht and testosterone. but T is probably very low before bc all the T that arrives at the follicle will get convrrted to dht. 100% increase is nothint
But 2.5mg oral is 200% increase.

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here is my experience. I went on dutasteride because I thought it would give me more regrowth than finasteride. While on dutasteride I experienced a horrible scalp itch and I started losing ground, and it was very noticeable. Keep in mind I have been on 10mg OM all this time too, which is not a meager dose and should have helped maintain my hair through any kind of shed. After 6 months on dutasteride my hair was significantly worse and I decided to drop it. I immediately hopped on RU58841 to block the receptors, as I believe that what happened was AR upregulation. RU definitely helped the itching to stop and my scalp was feeling a lot better. Understanding that dutasteride takes a few months to clear the system, I just stayed on RU and OM before eventually re-starting finasteride. I am doing much better now on finasteride.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Any photo with hairline pushed back 12 months ago. Hard to see with your hairline forward. Or show a current photo with the same style.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here is my experience. I went on dutasteride because I thought it would give me more regrowth than finasteride. While on dutasteride I experienced a horrible scalp itch and I started losing ground, and it was very noticeable. Keep in mind I have been on 10mg OM all this time too, which is not a meager dose and should have helped maintain my hair through any kind of shed. After 6 months on dutasteride my hair was significantly worse and I decided to drop it. I immediately hopped on RU58841 to block the receptors, as I believe that what happened was AR upregulation. RU definitely helped the itching to stop and my scalp was feeling a lot better. Understanding that dutasteride takes a few months to clear the system, I just stayed on RU and OM before eventually re-starting finasteride. I am doing much better now on finasteride.
U know dutasteride killed my scalp itch despite using it both orally and topically and removed any scalp burning i had near crown area. My front hair has not thinned out further, I got no other options than dutasteride because finasteride and my body do not get along at all.

Last edited:

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
U know dutasteride killed my scalp itch despite using it both orally and topically and removed any scalp burning i had near crown area. My front hair has not thinned out further, I got no other options than dutasteride because finasteride and my body do not get along at all.
I understand. I think that some people get cray upregulation aka DHT hypersensitivity with this drug, but another person can benefit greatly from the massive reduction in DHT. Also, Experimentality mentioned that finasteride and dutasteride can affect people much differently due to their genes. So I am certainly not anti-dutasteride. I just think that it can be risky for some.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I understand. I think that some people get cray upregulation aka DHT hypersensitivity with this drug, but another person can benefit greatly from the massive reduction in DHT. Also, Experimentality mentioned that finasteride and dutasteride can affect people much differently due to their genes. So I am certainly not anti-dutasteride. I just think that it can be risky for some.
I think sometimes these drugs can alter you genetics and make you more hypersensitive to DHT than you would have if you never used them. I just think in mild cases dutasteride should not be the first choice. finasteride is sufficient enough but even that could possibly alter your sensitivity. It is really hard to know for sure what caused this loss very fast.

Last edited:

Baldingtooyoung

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
To give my 2cents on this as well:

Was on dutasteride for 9/10 months.
Non stop shedding and thinning VERY aggressive. Even with RU (50mg) was thinning and constant shedding.
Had enough of it after 9/10 months and said f*** it, i looked WAY better on finasteride.
Now I am back on finasteride and see STRONG hairs regrowing. Look my post history, i opened a thread because the hairs that popped up on Duta were extremely thin and whispy. Now for the first time in months I see strong hairs popping up and quite a lot tbh.

As a disclaimer: i read all the studies. On paper it seems an amazing drug. I read stories about sheds and sometimes people recovered as well. But a lot did not. I trusted in science and studies, but came to a point that i was thinning and shedding anywhere and I just kept losing ground for months on end with no regrowth/thickening/stop of shedding. Despite my beliefs in science, i stopped dutasteride and couldn't be happier.
I got horny as f*** as well when i came off. dutasteride impacted my erection quality as well. Did not even noticed it that much and thought it was placebo.

For a friend of mine it's working very, very good. finasteride was not working for him.

badnewsbearer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But 2.5mg oral is 200% increase.
so? if you have 5 units of dht and 2 units of T then dutasteride may make that 1 unit of dht and tens of units of T, still bc dht is 5 times more potent the nrt androgenicitx is still higher with dutasteride. dutasterideand comppunds like it work in tissue with high 5AR activity. just imahine if androgenicity increases bc T spikes, then using it for prostate would be a disaster, your prostate would blow up like a baloon

badnewsbearer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
no eveidence f
no evidence for this, no molecular pwthway dor this, if you search hyperandrogenicity on google the only results you get is from loons on hair loss forums. it is not s f*****g thing okay? why is this such anpersistent meme?

badnewsbearer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Non stop shedding and thinning VERY aggressive. Even with RU (50mg) was thinning and constant shedding.
Had enough of it after 9/10 months and said f*** it, i looked WAY better on finasteride.
Now I am back on finasteride and see STRONG hairs regrowing. Look my post history, i opened a thread because the hairs that popped up on Duta were extremely thin and whispy. Now for the first time in months I see strong hairs popping up and quite a lot tbh.

As a disclaimer: i read all the studies. On paper it seems an amazing drug. I read stories about sheds and sometimes people recovered as well. But a lot did not. I trusted in science and studies, but came to a point that i was thinning and shedding anywhere and I just kept losing ground for months on end with no regrowth/thickening/stop of shedding. Despite my beliefs in science, i stopped dutasteride and couldn't be happier.
I got horny as f*** as well when i came off. dutasteride impacted my erection quality as well. Did not even noticed it that much and thought it was placebo.

For a friend of mine it's working very, very good. finasteride was not working for him.

so dutasteride impwcted your adlndeogens negatively that you got ED but positively that you lost more hair? how does that work

badnewsbearer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think sometimes these drugs can alter you genetics and make you more hypersensitive to DHT than you would have if you never used them. I just think in mild cases dutasteride should not be the first choice. finasteride is sufficient enough but even that could possibly alter your sensitivity. It is really hard to know for sure what caused this loss very fast.
do yoh also believe vaccines cause autims? after all you pretty much follow the same logic and apply the same scientific standards in your assessments and guesses. finasteride alters genetics, whats next? maybe finasteride can give people autisn true or cure it even

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
it is not s f*****g thing okay?
MYAietN.png

beautycomplex

My Regimen
Reaction score

did you apply topical dutasteride? or oral?

Baldingtooyoung

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
did you apply topical dutasteride? or oral?
Oral
so dutasteride impwcted your adlndeogens negatively that you got ED but positively that you lost more hair? how does that work
I don't know how it works. Why should it be connected? I don't get your stance on this.
Like i told you. I consider myself highly scientific. I already wanted to stop on months 6 but bevause of the studies I was on for so long. If you want to see pics, i can show it.
Before i send those, i am a diffuse thinner. My hairline is NW1.
You can also see my threads where i state that all my regrowth is whispy sh*t little hairs and my comments where i was thinning.
It is very very clear dutasteride impacted my hair in the wrong way and I was similar to OP that I had minor hairloss.

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
no eveidence f
no evidence for this, no molecular pwthway dor this, if you search hyperandrogenicity on google the only results you get is from loons on hair loss forums. it is not s f*****g thing okay? why is this such anpersistent meme?
Go ahead, provide evidence to dispute me then. I never said what I said had any studies to back it up. But like many on here, I don't need a damn study to validate what I have seen in the mirror. And, for a fact, and for what it is worth, Bryan (the most researched and reliable poster in the history of this site) as well as several researchers that he spoke with have also theorized that 5ARIs upregulate ARs. It's not a stupid idea. No one is saying that this even happens to everyone. It is a better explanation than T causing hair loss. I agree with you that dutasteride CANNOT cause hair loss due to the increase in T. But I believe it can make hair worse for the other reasons I have already explained. If dutasteride works well for you, that's great, I won't deny that. But for some of us it just doesn't work. BTW - giving dislikes on posts that are non-trolling posts is a bad look for you on this forum.

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
do yoh also believe vaccines cause autims? after all you pretty much follow the same logic and apply the same scientific standards in your assessments and guesses. finasteride alters genetics, whats next? maybe finasteride can give people autisn true or cure it even
Did you get cucked by the vaccine? Lol