Topical dutasteride will destroy your hairline - STAY AWAY!!!

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone who can help me with what I should do or is there any chance to get back my hairline and temples for example with minoxidil?

I found these but need help which one I should go with:

or

or

Should I go also with oral Finasteride along with minoxidil or should I only one of these above with dermaroller for 6 months and see what happens?
Oral finasteride yes. Follics FR sounds better but hard to say.

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oral finasteride, oral minoxidil, and RU if you can afford it and don’t mind applying it.

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why oral minoxidil? Isn’t highly toxic with oral minoxidil? And also taking oral minoxidil gonna give more hair in other unwanted body places
It's MUCH more effective than topical. It is not toxic. But it can give you more body hair on high dosages. But who cares, I'd rather have too much hair than not enough. Just trim it. I personally like the thicker eyebrows and eyelashes.

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Topical dutasteride is probably just not penetrating enough. Some people are that aggressive in their hair loss especially over a year. Is your dad bald? How bald is he and when did he start balding?

Stop using it and hop back on finasteride or start using oral dutasteride once every few days. You need to do the job of watching how your hair reacts to these treatments. Shedding is normal, but it doesn’t last long. You should have overall a reduced amount of hair fall on anti androgens.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
So the consensus is that this guy is just THAT aggressive of a balder and would be completely bald by now without dutasteride?
No, but I call bullshit on the timeline. His before picture is probably from years ago and his temples were much worse off when he started dutasteride. I don't doubt that dutasteride can make some people lose some ground from the hormone change but I don't understand why someone with that "before" hair would start dutasteride and how it could possibly go this fast with basically 0 vellus or left over hair in a single year. Even his side temple points went backwards by like an inch. How? And he just continued to apply it for a full 12 months while losing handfulls of hair? BS

Last edited:

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
No, but I call bullshit on the timeline. His before picture is probably from years ago and his temples were much worse off when he started dutasteride. I don't doubt that dutasteride can make some people lose some ground from the hormone change but I don't understand why someone with that "before" hair would start dutasteride and how it could possibly go this fast with basically 0 vellus or left over hair in a single year. Even his side temple points went backwards by like an inch. How? And he just continued to apply it for a full 12 months while losing handfulls of hair? BS
Hmm yea its weird. I would have stopped applying at NW2. If i was him. He was NW1 at start.

vinnyg0414

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This smells like BS. No one in hell goes slick bald in a year lmao in norwood zones in a year. Gonna need more pictures throughout the loss “of a year” to really believe this.

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm sure it was the dutasteride and not the fact that you were already starting to lose it. This is like being shot and then blaming the tourniquet for your bleeding
One year? Doubt it.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can say that ketoconazole shampoo everyday has reduces my shedding under 10 hairs in shower way less than topical dutasteride ever could. And I have used topical dutasteride for over a year its bullshit.

Last edited:

Chill dude

Established Member
Reaction score

Attachments

• BD7F794A-3F01-4C22-8991-ECB71BCADFD9.jpeg
    BD7F794A-3F01-4C22-8991-ECB71BCADFD9.jpeg
    124 KB · Views: 110

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Could have replaced the morrisons water, with a bottle of Perrier, would have made a more artistic shot next to the Chanel coffee table book.