Topical Dutasteride Case Assessment Thread

jd_uk

Reaction score
You don't want it to penetrate , that is the entire point. It should be degraded or prevented from reaching the hypodermis and vascularizing but reach the dermis.

I did a scalp biopsy and my DHT was almost non existent on my scalp while I had low-normal levels in my blood.

This is ideal.
In some of the dutasteride mesotherapy studies I noticed that it lowered fertility..sperm counts, mobility etc...that's a concern for me.

sparta03

My Regimen
Reaction score
Quite.

How is fluridil going for you btw?
I'm on fluridil since 2 months, i don't see any improvement i think my hair is getting worse, still notice some shedding, maybe fluridil slowed down my aa and it would be worse atm, i don't know, that's why i'll try topical duta, and if it don't work i'll go bald i guess. By the way on the bottle of fluridil they say to keep on it for 3-6 month for see some improvement so I didn't experience the full strengh of fluridil i guess. 0 side ofc. I have 4 month stock left

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks, I'm stacking with oral dutasteride anyway.
im gonna take dutasteride 2mg daily now instead of 0.5mg EOD. it will reduce at least 80% of scalp dht which topical dutasteride pretty much already does. I could use it topically too but if I do then probably once weekly for me.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
In some of the dutasteride mesotherapy studies I noticed that it lowered fertility..sperm counts, mobility etc...that's a concern for me.
why a concern? your BF wont be happy? isnt your hair more worth than your stupid sperm? if you plan on getting kids you could stop using dutasteride and your sperms will go back to normal.

kidcurry96

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Pretty confident finasteride does the same. From my research, you should stop taking these treatments prior to trying to conceive. Maybe bank some prior to treatment?

Chewbacca85

My Regimen
Reaction score
What brand of topical finasteride did you use out of interest? People don't seem to realise that finasteride seems to lower free testosterone.
It was compounded at a German pharmacy for me with Minoxidil (See my post #1442). There is a pretty unknown longterm study from Egypt that showed that finasteride reduced Free T in all subjects significantly. So much less DHT and free T > severe androgen deficiency. All other studies just checked total T. I think the people that claim they don't get side effects just don't notice them because they are coming slowly over time.

jd_uk

Reaction score
It was compounded at a German pharmacy for me with Minoxidil (See my post #1442). There is a pretty unknown longterm study from Egypt that showed that finasteride reduced Free T in all subjects significantly. So much less DHT and free T > severe androgen deficiency. All other studies just checked total T. I think the people that claim they don't get side effects just don't notice them because they are coming slowly over time.
Yep and it backs up why I don't believe finasteride is the ideal drug that some do. Low DHT, lower free test and higher estrogen just isn't good for men's health in my opinion.

jd_uk

Reaction score
People are trying Fluridil at 7.5%
Could 2% not slow lose slightly? What about using fluridil 2% twice a day? Issue with these experimental topicals (.e.g using fluridil at 7.5%) is that they're hard to store and therefore use longer term if you travel about at all/go on holidays etc..keeping it away from any moisture also an issue. At least with the 2% it is already packaged/stored ok.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
ya finasteride is a bad drug you are correct it caused me androgen deficency and dry eye syndrome after a month of usage orally same happened to my friend, but dutasteride orally for 5 months now hasnt budged my hormones, I feel even stronger than before and my sex drive and boners are exactly the same as before, people are different my friend.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yep and it backs up why I don't believe finasteride is the ideal drug that some do. Low DHT, lower free test and higher estrogen just isn't good for men's health in my opinion.
check kevinman on youtube he has been taking oral finasteride for like 20 years, he looks young as hell and is strong as hell. very fit guy dont be dumb bro.

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
6 days. Also, the inside of my bottle does not look nearly as clear as mustangs'. Which makes me kind of sceptical since i've only got it 2 weeks ago.

I'm on fluridil since 2 months, i don't see any improvement i think my hair is getting worse, still notice some shedding, maybe fluridil slowed down my aa and it would be worse atm, i don't know, that's why i'll try topical duta, and if it don't work i'll go bald i guess. By the way on the bottle of fluridil they say to keep on it for 3-6 month for see some improvement so I didn't experience the full strengh of fluridil i guess. 0 side ofc. I have 4 month stock left

Lmao this would cost at least 1k the year

7.5% will cost you literally 50 bucks a month.

jd_uk

Reaction score
check kevinman on youtube he has been taking oral finasteride for like 20 years, he looks young as hell and is strong as hell. very fit guy dont be dumb bro.
He's also done steroid cycles based on what I saw recently. Not a good example.

Edit: seeing your other post I guess that was more sarcasm. Not sure why you bother though, sarcasm works well in real life rather than text.

jd_uk

Reaction score
Pretty confident finasteride does the same. From my research, you should stop taking these treatments prior to trying to conceive. Maybe bank some prior to treatment?

Messing with my fertility just seems like a really bad idea. I know some people are ok with the idea of just hopping on and off it whenever, but for me once you're on it you're on it. Reason 74 why i wouldn't want to use finasteride personally. I know some may say it's still possible to conceive on finasteride but id just rather not reduce my fertility at all.