Topical Dutasteride Case Assessment Thread

kidcurry96

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This doesn't make sense to me based on the literature on those drugs; any sources on this? Dutasteride inhibits type 1 and 2 so it does everything finasteride does and more (or at least to my knowledge). So it sounds like sides from finasteride are totally legit and sides from dutasteride makes you a hypochondriac? How does that make any sense.
I see that people get on dutasteride after trying finasteride. I wonder if getting on dutasteride after finasteride, helps body adjust to it better...

Songofalbion

My Regimen
Reaction score
Seems people are coming up with various theories why there are less sides from topical duta than topical finasteride. This is over complicating what has a very simple answer.
dutasteride 528.5 daltons, finasteride 372.55 daltons. The 500 daltons rule seems pretty clear:
What Exactly is the 500 Dalton Rule? - FutureDerm
The 500 Dalton rule explains why people would experience less sides with topical dutasteride vs topical finasteride but that's only half of the equation; the question is does it absorb into the scalp and effectively block dht locally without effecting serum. I have no doubt that it doesn't absorb as systemically as topical finasteride but I have yet to see a single scalp biopsy showing it blocks scalp dht.

kidcurry96

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The 500 Dalton rule explains why people would experience less sides with topical dutasteride vs topical finasteride but that's only half of the equation; the question is does it absorb into the scalp and effectively block dht locally without effecting serum. I have no doubt that it doesn't absorb as systemically as topical finasteride but I have yet to see a single scalp biopsy showing it blocks scalp dht.
Right, we would havae to trust anecdotes of users that it indeed blocks scalp dht since they are making progress.
But more studies are needed.

Songofalbion

My Regimen
Reaction score
Right, we would havae to trust anecdotes of users that it indeed blocks scalp dht since they are making progress.
But more studies are needed.
Personally i wouldn't even trust a success story because we never know what other factors could lead to less shedding etc, we need a biopsy to show that it is actually effecting dht levels in the scalp. Not like people are lying, we just don't know whether their success has anything to do with topical dutasteride or not.

kidcurry96

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Personally i wouldn't even trust a success story because we never know what other factors could lead to less shedding etc, we need a biopsy to show that it is actually effecting dht levels in the scalp. Not like people are lying, we just don't know whether their success has anything to do with topical dutasteride or not.
If they only mention topical dutasteride, then IDK what else could just halt hairloss.

lasfourmos

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well i just received my 0.1% bottle from fue how often should i use it 2ml per week ? and should i stop my 0.5 mg of finasteride ? i dont want to nuke my body dht

nico76

My Regimen
Reaction score
The first time I applied topical Duta i accidentally applied more than intended. I definitely experienced very slight ball ache for about 12 hours afterwards. This showed that for me that topical Duta can go systemic to some degree even if it's much less than topical finasteride. Mustang said that he did a scalp biopsy after applying topical duta and his scalp DHT was almost non existent. Hopefully as more people are trying topical Duta we can get further examples to back up Mustang's results

Last edited:

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have had results (the best results of my life) with just Topical Dutasteride, nothing else.

It definitely penetrates the dermis, I had massive sides when I overdosed (on purpose). It acts on the hair follicle directly where Test is reduced to DHT before being vascularized but that's just my ignorant theory on why my serum DHT shows no decline or little decline while having such good results.

kidcurry96

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have had results (the best results of my life) with just Topical Dutasteride, nothing else.

It definitely penetrates the dermis, I had massive sides when I overdosed (on purpose). It acts on the hair follicle directly where Test is reduced to DHT before being vascularized but that's just my ignorant theory on why my serum DHT shows no decline or little decline while having such good results.
I wonder one with low DHT in serum prior to starting treatment would react.

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have low DHT. I feel great when it's around 300 (which is still low).

I don't have any brain fog nor other issues. Libido is not that great though, quite poor to be honest but I am 36 as well and I guess it's natural for it to go down over the years. I started Finasteride at 20

kidcurry96

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have low DHT. I feel great when it's around 300 (which is still low).

I don't have any brain fog nor other issues. Libido is not that great though, quite poor to be honest but I am 36 as well and I guess it's natural for it to go down over the years. I started Finasteride at 20
What is the unit?

Lost Boy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do we have one other success story besides Mustang ?
I just ordered topical dutasteride from Fueclinic (one that Mustang recommends) & I’ll keep you guys updated! I might make a thread on it. Though they did seem a bit sketchy tho, they said their shipping days are only on Wednesdays but they’re telling me they’re gonna ship my bottle on Friday. Kinda makes me feel like they just said that so i could hurry & pay. Not a good start for them but I’m keeping my hopes up.