Topical Dutasteride Case Assessment Thread

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Things are quite clear and simple

Topical dutasteride is by far the the best treatment out there for male pattern baldness. It saves my entire crown and regrew it all with zero side effects.

It reduces more scalp DHT than oral finasteride and it reduces less serum DHT than even the lowest dosage of oral finasteride

It's also cheap. A 60 euro bottle will last you 3 months.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
hello guys so I got my topical dutasteride from murray avenue it came in a liquid form. its 0.05% by 1ml. does that equal x5 duta capsules? im afraid to use 1ml should I try a half ml or even less? what you suggest sonic.

Charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hello guys so I got my topical dutasteride from murray avenue it came in a liquid form. its 0.05% by 1ml. does that equal x5 duta capsules? im afraid to use 1ml should I try a half ml or even less? what you suggest sonic.
1ml of 0.05% is equalivent to 0.5mg. That is what the standard dose of oral Dutasteride (Avodart) comes in.

-edit-

I've had sides at this dose and would probably recommend starting between 0.01%-0.04%, but I can't be certain of the efficacy of these doses.

Last edited:

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
that sounds great. im gonna go less to start with and go once a week or even once every 2 weeks to start with. and wait and see.

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It doesn't work that way. You have to multiply by ten to get the same efficacy topically as orally thus 0.5% would roughly get you the same effect as taking 0.5mg Avodart daily or 5mg per ml.

Now, if you only take 0.5% once a week or every 10 days the systemic accumulation is hugely diminished which is what is responsible of serum DHT decline reaching it's peak at 4-5 weeks.

On top of this, due to it's molecular weight, only a fraction of that 0.5% will get vascularized. There is no other explanation on why I take 0.5% topically and get 20% serum DHT inhibiton and why I take 0.5mg orally and get 90% serum DHT inhibiton and so do others.

This is why it's so much safer to take topically than orally. It reduces more DHT on your scalp than oral finasteride and dutasteride and at 0.1% which is my current dose every other day my serum DHT is pretty much the same as not taking anything (10% variation) and I am not losing hair.

I'd be interested to know who sold you 0.05% since I can't find that concentration unless you buy it for mesotherapy.

Charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It doesn't work that way. You have to multiply by ten to get the same efficacy topically as orally thus 0.5% would roughly get you the same effect as taking 0.5mg Avodart daily or 5mg per ml.

Now, if you only take 0.5% once a week or every 10 days the systemic accumulation is hugely diminished which is what is responsible of serum DHT decline reaching it's peak at 4-5 weeks.

On top of this, due to it's molecular weight, only a fraction of that 0.5% will get vascularized. There is no other explanation on why I take 0.5% topically and get 20% serum DHT inhibiton and why I take 0.5mg orally and get 90% serum DHT inhibiton and so do others.

This is why it's so much safer to take topically than orally. It reduces more DHT on your scalp than oral finasteride and dutasteride and at 0.1% which is my current dose every other day my serum DHT is pretty much the same as not taking anything (10% variation) and I am not losing hair.

I'd be interested to know who sold you 0.05% since I can't find that concentration unless you buy it for mesotherapy.
0.05% can be purchased from www.medicalwellnesscenter.com. It comes in PG/Ethanol.

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No wonder ...
Get it from a serious supplier. Plus, you want Trichosol as a vehicle, not PG/Ethanol
It was specifically designed for AA

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
so you are saying 1 capsule of 0.5mg duta topically wont be effective at all? I will need at least x5 or x10 caps topically to be effective? my 0.05% topcial dutasteride is meant to be used once daily at 1ml. I did get it from medicalwellnesscenter then its sent to murray avenue apothecary.

Charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I see you also needle every week, could it be that this is why you had sides from topical duta? Mustang doesn't needle.

Not the reason, I haven't needled recently, and definitely nowhere near the time I tried topical dutasteride.

Charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
so you are saying 1 capsule of 0.5mg duta topically wont be effective at all? I will need at least x5 or x10 caps topically to be effective? my 0.05% topcial dutasteride is meant to be used once daily at 1ml. I did get it from medicalwellnesscenter then its sent to murray avenue apothecary.

I say start your first week at the recommended dose, increase it next week if you feel comfortable and haven't experienced sides. There's no proven science to this yet, mostly anecdotes, and I'm not the only one who has had sides from a small dose.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
No wonder ...
Get it from a serious supplier. Plus, you want Trichosol as a vehicle, not PG/Ethanol
It was specifically designed for AA
serious supplier? are you for real? first you need to write down a prescription form from medicalwellnesscenter. then you have to pay like 50 dollars just for the doctor to check your prescription then its sent to murray avenue apothecary and its made there. I paid 89 bux plus 50 bux for shipping. I see you go around the forums and promote your topical duta from some transplant doctor or whatever nobody trust you here.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
just applied 1ml of duta lets see what happens. I could tolerate fina at 1mg daily for a month "orally" then had to quit so im sure duta wont f*** with me instantly.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I say start your first week at the recommended dose, increase it next week if you feel comfortable and haven't experienced sides. There's no proven science to this yet, mostly anecdotes, and I'm not the only one who has had sides from a small dose.
that sounds good. if I dont feel side effects after a week or two. next time I increase it to 1.5ml then 2ml.

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Because I do research and learn so my opinions vary in a short time frame if a new study is presented to me.
That is what happened with oil based plants recently from a very reputable and knowledgeable friend.
It's called having an open mind. But if you rather me sticking to my original post and being an idiot then suit yourself

Charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Because I do research and learn so my opinions vary in a short time frame if a new study is presented to me.
That is what happened with oil based plants recently from a very reputable and knowledgeable friend.
It's called having an open mind. But if you rather me sticking to my original post and being an idiot then suit yourself

I'd rather you just not jerk people around. You want us to take your word at face value that this is a valid, effective, and safe protocol, yet one week it's liposomal only, next week pg/ethanol/any vehicle is fine, now it's all about trichosol.

So, if I'm reading you right, the rules are now that topical dutasteride is only side effect-free and effective when delivered using TRICHOSOL.
Fine, got it.

We might as well start a new thread for trichosol only, because a good chunk of the anecdotes/data we have regarding this protocol are coming from people who weren't even using liposomal or trichosol to begin with, this also invalidates Sonic's "positive" anecdote (one of the few I've seen) considering he is using a homemade water/eth solution made from capsules.

Can you link us a "serious supplier" that will compound a dutasteride trichosol formulation so we can all get on the same page with this protocol?

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't want you take anything, do whatever you want. You are a smart boy and can decide for yourself.
The most recent study presented to me shows that Dutasteride is best dissolved in oil plant based vehicles, Trichosol happens to be one.

Liposomal is a great compound but it enhances penetration thus some people have had sides. Some people like you get sides on 0.05% with Ethanol thus you would have even more sides with Liposomes.

I would never make it from capsules. Powder is the way to go and only a pharmacy can purchase pharma grade dutasteride powder without risks of impurity's or it being fake as it happens with most sellers online. Particularly Kane who's CB HLPC showed 47% of purity.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
I see that a lot of y'all are curious what vehicle to use. After extensive research I settled on unicorn blood. The horse farm I get my unicorn products from sells 98%+ unicorn blood. Please visit
> > U N C L E S A N I C H O R S E P O W E R . C O M < <