Topical Dutasteride Case Assessment Thread

Charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hence I recommend 0.25% twice a week

Homeostasis is reached generally by the half life of the drug thus week 4.

Even at this low spread dosage his scalp DHT was reduced almost 50%, that is more than oral finasteride reduces with only 25% serum decline

What more do you want?

By the 4th week, he already has serum DHT of 612 pg/ml, only 200 more than his RU/finasteride combo while still having substantially more scalp DHT. Though he does have higher free and total test that could be making up for it.

I'm not ruling out topical dutasteride as an option, even an effective one. But seeing the difference in scalp dht of topical dutasteride vs RU/finasteride has me wondering how much of the heavy lifting RU could be doing that isn't being considered or overlooked. Just saying, a scalp biopsy of a solo RU run would be interesting. I know of binding affinities, but that doesn't necessarily rule it out, just like something being 500 daltons doesn't mean it won't go systemic.

Last edited:

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hence I recommend 0.25% twice a week

Homeostasis is reached generally by the half life of the drug thus week 4.

Even at this low spread dosage his scalp DHT was reduced almost 50%, that is more than oral finasteride reduces with only
By the 4th week, he already has serum DHT of 612 pg/ml, only 200 more than his RU/finasteride combo while still having substantially more scalp DHT. Though he does have higher free and total test that could be making up for it.

I'm not ruling out topical dutasteride as an option, even an effective one. But seeing the difference in scalp dht of topical dutasteride vs RU/finasteride has me wondering how much of the heavy lifting RU could be doing that isn't being considered or overlooked. Just saying, a scalp biopsy of a solo RU run would be interesting. I know of binding affinities, but that doesn't necessarily rule it out, just like something being 500 daltons doesn't mean it won't go systemic.

25% serum decline

What more do you want?
Did you not read the footnote where he says he's taking T? Those measurments are pretty useless past the 50% scalp reduction. Free T probably wont be affected at all with just a 20% reduction in serum DHT.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You are not weighing in the single most important factor

RU is a research chemical with dangerous side effects and no safety data on it and the jerks that sell it probably fake half of it just like with CB.

Every time you buy you have to send it for HLPC. So buy a large batch.

On paper topical dutasteride and RU is the ultimate combo.

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you not read the footnote where he says he's taking T? Those measurments are pretty useless past the 50% scalp reduction. Free T probably wont be affected at all with just a 20% reduction in serum DHT.

I'm sorry, I can't seem to make any sense of this post.

Charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

It's ok, I think he's talking to me.

You are not weighing in the single most important factor

RU is a research chemical with dangerous side effects and no safety data on it and the jerks that sell it probably fake half of it just like with CB.

Well, I mean. I mention it because you're recommending RU for treating the rise in Test from dutasteride. If RU is strong enough to handle both DHT+T, you might as well just use one compound rather than two. Just the way I was thinking about it.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
The measurements the other poster used above while on topical dutasteride / TRT. What conclusions can you draw from T going up while using topical dutasteride when he's supplementing T.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anyone done a scalp biopsy while using RU alone?... If it wipes out scalp dht while also addressing test, then topical dutasteride is largely pointless, imo.

If RU is potent at addressing scalp androgens, I feel like we should be researching the effects of low/microdoses and finding the most effective dose that will work for most while reducing sides.
RU is not researched properly

Charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
RU is not researched properly

Neither is topical Dutasteride, which is why we're here trying to figure out it's effects at differing dosages, same thing could be done with RU.

Inb4 safety concerns, they're all antiandrogens, they're all unsafe if you're a straight male.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Neither is topical Dutasteride, which is why we're here trying to figure out it's effects at differing dosages, same thing could be done with RU.

Inb4 safety concerns, they're all antiandrogens, they're all unsafe if you're a straight male.
Well this isn't even close to being true on the same scale. Topical dutasteride might be a new vehicle but the drug itself has been extensively tested, same with finasteride. If they go systematic in similar doses then you're back to square one.

RU has 0 human data. You have no idea what damage the metabolites are doing internally or if they are building up longterm.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score

At least we know its safety profile

Charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well this isn't even close to being true on the same scale. Topical dutasteride might be a new vehicle but the drug itself has been extensively tested, same with finasteride. If they go systematic in similar doses then you're back to square one.

RU has 0 human data. You have no idea what damage the metabolites are doing internally.

It's just an idea, I'm seeing more people complain about thinning/shedding on topical dutasteride than I'm seeing anything about regrowth. Safe? sure, but if it's doing the opposite of what people want to the point where they have to resort to a research chemical anyway, it seems a little counterproductive, no?

Anyway, back on topic. Hopefully we can get more positive anecdotes from people running this, because as stated before, it's been pretty quiet for how long this thread has been going.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's just an idea, I'm seeing more people complain about thinning/shedding on topical dutasteride than I'm seeing anything about regrowth. Safe? sure, but if it's doing the opposite of what people want to the point where they have to resort to a research chemical anyway, it seems a little counterproductive, no?

Anyway, back on topic. Hopefully we can get more positive anecdotes from people running this, because as stated before, it's been pretty quiet for how long this thread has been going.
I feel like that can be said for dutasteride itself on these forums, but we know this isn't true in a population sample. The reality is that most people in north america who have turned to dutasteride were finasteride non-responders and tried dutasteride just to find similar results and they end up on forums asking why. Yet in multiple first world countries, dutasteride is the go to for hair prevention and it works.

As to the topic at hand, I feel like there are not actually many people in here running topical dutasteride for a period of time where you could draw any conclusions. For shedding, I would assume a significant reduction in scalp DHT would be accompanied by an initial shed similar to people new to finasteride/dutasteride with an even more significant reduction in DHT at the follicle. Just a guess though.

KHURMA

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys! I'm new here on the forum, well not new, but my first post here!

A little bit of my story. One year ago I started Finasteride oral 1mg/d and minoxidil. I was 26 and about getting to Norwood 4 I think. After that I went from Norwood 4 to Norwood 3 within 9-10 months, I got some temples and crown regrowth and I believe especially after I started to use more stuff from May/June, such as stemoxydine, alfatradiol with different mixes in them (ATP Adenosine, Retinol, Hyaluronic Acid, Melatonin, Resveratrol, Azelaic Acid) and + dermarolling. But from September I started to shed, and still, I'm in a shedding phase. From October I was again just on finasteride and Min, as I thought that probably I put too much on my scalp and I was a bit lazy too, but nothing changed, now the shedding is even more massive. I still have my regrowth, but the shedding is what really concerns me, I guess I still have too much DHT in the scalp. I started to use again my old regimens but this time I want something more to add. After some research and reading this topic I decided to add topical Dutasteride, I still will be staying on finasteride 1mg per day and minoxidil + other stuff. I didn't have any sides.

So today I have started a new mix:

1 ml Alfatradiol
1 ml Stemoxydine
0,5mg Dutasteride (Maybe I will add one more 0.5mg capsule)
0,5-1ml Castor oil (for PGE2)

All mixed. I'm still thinking how often should I use it, once per week or 2-3 times a week.

Also thinking about something to add for PGD2 inhibition soon.

Is anyone who would like to see my progress and what exactly I used, here is my link to the my Reddit post -

FilthyFrancis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Fair point.

Time should tell.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Small summary of our findings,

Anything near 5 mg weekly doesn't clear through the system so it builds up slowly but surely (A month of usage resulted in 25% systemic DHT inhibition which will increase as the time goes on)

We think that overdosing (above 1-2 mg weekly) doesn't change the serum DHT much after application but possibly stays unbound and leaks into serum therefore such a large dose defies our point

From the very little data we have, we couldn't find any significant changes between liposomal solutions and Trichosol, hard to conclude anything as we have very little data but there isn't a super obvious difference.

Most people are shedding, I am not sure in my case but I am indeed seeing small hairs throughout my hairline

Most of the users are sensitive to oral and topical antiandrogens to a certain extend, from those who used topical dutasteride for a while, 95% of people have no sides as of now (I ask people regularly just in case they forget to update)

One application of 2.5 mg dutasteride VS one application of 5 mg dutasteride resulted in on average 10% DHT inhibition 24 hours after the application and 5% DHT inhibition after 7 days, this means two things;
A) The 5% inhibition may be daily fluctuation of DHT
B) 2.5 mg is very close to the ideal dose as 5 mg was too much and did indeed build-up despite nearly recovering after a week of application (See the second point again)

Some testers found out that their DHT was very close if not the same as their baseline one week after application and they are using it without any reported trouble

Scalp DHT is inhibited further than serum DHT as the majority of dutasteride will be bound to 5AR locally, increasing the half life, therefore creating a favorable scalp/serum DHT rate, a month of 5 mg topical dutasteride inhibited scalp DHT by half.

We are settled around 1 mg once a week to be on the safer side. I have been using 0.5 mg of topical dutasteride every 7-8 days for the past 5 months and don't have a slightest discomfort (knock on wood). Down there works fine, up here works fine, my hair doesn't look any worse and I do think very small hairs are popping up

I am 21 years old and had terrible panic attacks after one month of oral finasteride usage. I was depressed, my hair meant a lot to me so I thought it was over for me. This is a hope, hopefully to save some time until there's something more viable. Hopefully this post helps other people in my boots as well. A typical day of mine was just locking myself in my room, cruising for natural solutions, I feel very embarrassed to admit this but I remember reading through a big chunk of "Hair loss cure" results on Google, sleepless for many days. I am glad I found this thread and I want to thank Vincent, Mustang and all the other users who helped us with data.

Last edited:

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Awesome post
Glad this has helped brother
What was the discord channel link btw?

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score

corkmeister

Established Member
Reaction score

I appreciate your skepticism, because we need to stay realistic when exploring avenues like these. That being said:

- The forums are full with people reporting shedding on oral dutasteride and even oral finasteride, to the point where you'd start believing it's basically guaranteed, even though it never seems to be reported on in any of the studies.
- People haven't been using it for that long yet, despite the length of the thread. Even oral dutasteride/finasteride often takes months to show visible results - if any, because maintenance is another possible and honestly more likely outcome in this case. But more difficult to measure.
- Some of the things people are reporting are just impossible to make sense of or draw conclusions from. The other day someone mentioned that they saw a decrease in shedding, but his hairshafts had lost diameter. All that after a single month.
- Complicating things, people are adopting wildly different approaches. Sonictemples and I for example are adopting the same approach (low doses, building up the effect in the scalp over time, while giving the body time to recover and thus avoid systemic build-up). This approach is similar to Mazzarella's topical finasteride study. As was the case there, if it works, it's going to take a while for any results to show up. And it's more likely to be maintenance. I'm really not expecting regrowth, honestly.
- But not everyone is doing that. Some people use it daily, needle before/after applying it, use huge doses, or are constantly adjusting their dosage/vehicle. Which brings me to my next point:
- And almost noone is actually getting consistent bloodtests. So whatever results they're reporting or will be reporting in the future (be it negative or positive) will be hard to draw any conclusions from, because it might be the same results they'd have gotten if they were taking it orally.

Considering the above, I'd say that almost everything that's been reported up to this point hasn't been particularly useful. It's just people reporting strange side-effects (the wide variety of effects people seem to be getting from 5ar-inhibitors still surprise me), shedding and thinning. Basically as it is with finasteride/dutasteride in general on these forums. It's interesting, sure, but I've given up on trying to draw conclusions from it.

Last edited: