Topical Dutasteride Case Assessment Thread

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This thread is almost 6 months old now. Anyone else other than Mustang tried topical Dutasteride and had anything to show for it?

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
This thread is almost 6 months old now. Anyone else other than Mustang tried topical Dutasteride and had anything to show for it?
I had sides on oral finasteride in one month, I have been using topical dutasteride (0.5 mg per week in hydroalcoholic solution) for the past 4.5-5 months, no sides, not even testicular discomfort or any mental problem

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Great to hear. How is your hairloss?
It's hard to comment as my hair is getting longer due to quarantine so hair loss becomes more noticeable. I have no big difference but maybe some improvements

Charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you're very sensitive to 5ARIs you are more than likely going to experience sides from this even at a relatively low dose.

I took my first 1ml of 0.05% solution yesterday and within hours was experiencing heightened anxiety and testicular shrinkage. This feels like high E2/Low DHT for me from experience.

Whether I continue with this depends on how long it takes for DHT to recover from this dose. If this were to only be something that lasts a couple days, I could maybe tolerate or offset the anxiety with a gaba agonist. But if it persists throughout the next week or so, this won't be a sustainable option for me.

On the plus side, as someone who got nuked from a single finasteride pill previously, this hasn't hit me anywhere near as hard.

Stating facts

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had sides on oral finasteride in one month, I have been using topical dutasteride (0.5 mg per week in hydroalcoholic solution) for the past 4.5-5 months, no sides, not even testicular discomfort or any mental problem
Same for me, no sides, but I am going through shedding, and my hairs are getting thinner surprisingly.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Same for me, no sides, but I am going through shedding, and my hairs are getting thinner surprisingly.
Can you mention your vehicle, percentage, for how long you have been using it and if you had side effects from any other antiandrogen

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hundreds of people are on it on other forums. We lost count by now

I should mention that adding dutasteride mesotherapy is a good option once a month. It's cheap as well as the bottle is good for 3 months thus 20 bucks per application

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hundreds of people are on it on other forums. We lost count by now

I should mention that adding dutasteride mesotherapy is a good option once a month. It's cheap as well as the bottle is good for 3 months thus 20 bucks per application
From my understanding, using it every other day should accumulate. How do you prevent systemic effects then

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Low dose. 0.1% is a low dosage
Yesterday I applied 4ml because I was away for a week and covered the entire scalp with a lot of it. No problem. If you are going to use 0.5% I would limit it to once a week. 0.25% 2 times a week. One 0.5% bottle can last you 3 months as well. 0.1% one or two months

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Low dose. 0.1% is a low dosage
Yesterday I applied 4ml because I was away for a week and covered the entire scalp with a lot of it. No problem. If you are going to use 0.5% I would limit it to once a week. 0.25% 2 times a week. One 0.5% bottle can last you 3 months as well. 0.1% one or two months
It's 1 mg every other day. It will decrease systemic DHT

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have applied 50MG , 100 times the dosage
Decline was 20% , 1mg won’t do anything to serum DHT. Try it

Stating facts

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you mention your vehicle, percentage, for how long you have been using it and if you had side effects from any other antiandrogen
I am squeezing avodart in trichosol at 0.2% concentration, and I have been applying it from last 4 months, weekly application. I am actually thinking of stopping it as it is increasing the speed of my hair thinning and there is hardly any regrowth.

In terms of sides, I have tried oral dutasteride 0.5mg ED, and I had sides from it.

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If it increase the speed of your hair thinning then the extra free testosterone is causing it

Block it with CB or RU.

Charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anyone done a scalp biopsy while using RU alone?... If it wipes out scalp dht while also addressing test, then topical dutasteride is largely pointless, imo.

If RU is potent at addressing scalp androgens, I feel like we should be researching the effects of low/microdoses and finding the most effective dose that will work for most while reducing sides.

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anyone done a scalp biopsy while using RU alone?... If it wipes out scalp dht while also addressing test, then topical dutasteride is largely pointless, imo.

If RU is potent at addressing scalp androgens, I feel like we should be researching the effects of low/microdoses and finding the most effective dose that will work for most while reducing sides.

DHT's binding affinity is much stronger than RU
You wanna kill scalp DHT and use RU (or CB, and FDA approved drug) to combat test.

Charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
DHT's binding affinity is much stronger than RU
You wanna kill scalp DHT and use RU (or CB, and FDA approved drug) to combat test.

I've heard this, but how certain are we of this? I've seen people make notable progress with just RU.

unknown.png

-edit-

My bad, looked at these results again. There does seem to be a cumulative effect after 4 weeks. Just wondering if we'll see it reach RU/finasteride levels of scalp inhibition. Since it supposedly inhibits 90% of DHT, I'd expect it to reach those levels pretty quickly.

Last edited:

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hence I recommend 0.25% twice a week

Homeostasis is reached generally by the half life of the drug thus week 4.

Even at this low spread dosage his scalp DHT was reduced almost 50%, that is more than oral finasteride reduces with only 25% serum decline

What more do you want?