sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Zoom in for regrowth
IMG_20210325_230419.jpg

Songofalbion

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm gonna be starting topical dutasteride with strutyours (similar ro hims) soon and I wanted to post a screenshot of a message with the doctor about the vehicle they use. Any idea if this means liposomic?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210325-125650_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210325-125650_Chrome.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 128

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
do you only apply it on your hairline? because trust me you will need to use it everywhere on your scalp to maintain what you have. for me it started with hairline recession and then diffuse thinning over the years. I may use dutasteride topically without needling so it dont go systemic because I already use oral dutasteride everyday. and my sex drive is still awesome and erection hardness is good too. just lack the ejaculation force but I dont really mind it much. just hate that I didnt try duta years ago but I was convinced it would give me more severe side effects than finasteride but gosh was I wrong. dutasteride is your friend but not finasteride. PS: nice to see regrowth of hair u must be in heaven right now.

Last edited:

Songofalbion

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know about dutasteride, the the finasteride gel is not liposomic. This is a quote from their information page:
"Our topical Finasteride formulas are not liposomal. However, they are made in a propanediol & dimethyl sulfoxide (DMSO) lipophilic transdermal base to enhance delivery and provide optimal drug penetration to the scalp."
Most likely the same base, thanks man.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
do you only apply it on your hairline? because trust me you will need to use it everywhere on your scalp to maintain what you have. for me it started with hairline recession and then diffuse thinning over the years. I may use dutasteride topically without needling so it dont go systemic because I already use oral dutasteride everyday. and my sex drive is still awesome and erection hardness is good too. just lack the ejaculation force but I dont really mind it much. just hate that I didnt try duta years ago but I was convinced it would give me more severe side effects than finasteride but gosh was I wrong. dutasteride is your friend but not finasteride. PS: nice to see regrowth of hair u must be in heaven right now.
I apply on the entire norwood area

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Both Liposomal and DMSO enhance penetration. The rate of systemic absorption is therefor higher which can potentially increase the risk of side effects.

I tried Topical Finasteride with DMSO and it was the worst experience of my life.

321nickname123

My Regimen
Reaction score
Both Liposomal and DMSO enhance penetration. The rate of systemic absorption is therefor higher which can potentially increase the risk of side effects.

I tried Topical Finasteride with DMSO and it was the worst experience of my life.
Can you comment on topical dutasteride with trichosol? Is it safer than e.g. alcoholic / liposomal / etc. carriers in terms of sides? And in terms of results?

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can't say it's safer or not

Liposomal was safe for me until I started using a higher amount and got bad sides. I always had a little brain fog on it for the first 72 hours after application or so, other than that my sexual life and emotional stability was fine. Liposomes are there to enhance absorption, not prevent it

I don't have these sides with Trichosol. This works the best for me at 0.05% or 0.1%

I can't use DMSO

321nickname123

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can't say it's safer or not

Liposomal was safe for me until I started using a higher amount and got bad sides. I always had a little brain fog on it for the first 72 hours after application or so, other than that my sexual life and emotional stability was fine. Liposomes are there to enhance absorption, not prevent it

I don't have these sides with Trichosol. This works the best for me at 0.05% or 0.1%

I can't use DMSO
Thanks for sharing your experiences and knowledge, it's very useful for me. I'm going to order a 0.025% dutasteride + trichosol solution in the near future. Looking to use use it once a week (1-2ml), and use topical finasteride+min on the other days.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
First photo is a few months in topical dutasteride and the other one is 8 months in 0.5 mg per week only. No sides and photos speak for themselves

No need to say that the before photo was an improvement on my baseline but can't find photos of it

Attachments

• IMG_20210327_000019.jpg
    IMG_20210327_000019.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 399
  • IMG_20210325_230419.jpg
    IMG_20210325_230419.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 334

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I saw that most of the people who used topical dutasteride experienced an aggressive shed. Did this shedding stop? And if so, around what mark did the shedding stop?

Thanks for sharing your experiences and knowledge, it's very useful for me. I'm going to order a 0.025% dutasteride + trichosol solution in the near future. Looking to use use it once a week (1-2ml), and use topical finasteride+min on the other days.
you are already on oral finasteride and dutasteride LOL. adding topical dutasteride and finasteride wont do you much good. why dont u skip finasteride and use dutasteride orally everyday like me? dutasteride is so much safer than finasteride in my own experience.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
you are already on oral finasteride and dutasteride LOL. adding topical dutasteride and finasteride wont do you much good. why dont u skip finasteride and use dutasteride orally everyday like me? dutasteride is so much safer than finasteride in my own experience.
Even orally?

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
saw that minoxidillmax are out of stock of topical dutasteride "Duderma 1% (back order until April 12th, 2021)" what is weird is that when I first saw their product it said it was 0.2% now its 0.1% what gives? im considering buying from them because it would litteraly save me 65 bucks, I order usually from murray avenue apothecary and they sell for a much higher price and shipping is also alot higher.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why do you think that is?

because I get side effects from oral finasteride but not from oral dutasteride. its because dutasteride balance your hormones better somehow maybe because it blocks both types of DHT or that it boost your T more than fina so you feel less sides. the only side effect it gives me is that my ejaculation FORCE has been reduced. but this is easily explainable its because my prostate is now smaller than "normal"

Last edited: