Topical Dutasteride Case Assessment Thread

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you know the half life of a single dose? I have a intellectually intensive job and can't have brain fog (which I had on finasteride) for weeks on end. Any help on dosing for my specific situation would be great to minimize brain fog sides.
Depends on how much goes systemic. We theorize that 0.1 mg dutasteride should get out of your system in less than a week and your DHT levels should recover. This is according to a study by GSK

polishkickbuttowski

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I believe that one of the most worrisome parts, regarding Dutasteride, is the huge increase to scalp Testosterone->http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.319.7620&rep=rep1&type=pdf

“Scalp testosterone levels significantly increased in all active treatment groups compared with placebo, increasing by 23%, 39%, 99%, and 222% with 0.05-, 0.1-, 0.5 and 2.5-mg dutasteride, respectively, and 23% with finasteride.”

“ Scalp DHT concentrations in the dutasteride groups were also significantly suppressed compared with placebo in a dose-related manner. As with serum DHT, the 0.1-mg dutasteride and finasteride groups showed a comparable degree of scalp DHT suppression (32% and 41%, respectively). Scalp DHT decreased by 51% with 0.5-mg dutasteride and by 79% with 2.5-mg dutasteride.”

(It's about the oral route, but I guess topical, would yield the same effect? And even if T it’s not binding as strong as DHT to the AR receptor, this huge rise is still scary. Maybe if it’s used once a week, due to the great half-life, it would be possible to avoid these spikes on scalp T.)
Why is that scary? That's exactly what you're trying to achieve when you use a 5AR inhibitor, less DHT and more T/estrogen.

GRme11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why is that scary? That's exactly what you're trying to achieve when you use a 5AR inhibitor, less DHT and more T/estrogen.
Because T could damage the hair as well (still an Androgen), like DHT, if you are very sensitive/prone to androgens in general. There are lot of stories from members mentioning that after they introduce Duta into their treatment protocol, their hair became much worse than it was before (plus stories from people on TRT, if you search you will see what I mean). That's why some members are trying RU for example, to combat Testosterone as well, apart from DHT alone (Finasteride/Dutasteride). Thank you.

Last edited:

mm682

My Regimen
Reaction score
Steal sanics hairline

-use topical dutasteride once a week so it doesn't build up
Can I mix the dutasteride myself just with a "standard" carrier solution like stemoxydine and have similiar safety liek those who order special topical dutasteride solutions online.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
  • Irreversible inhibition cannot be reversed by the removal of the excess inhibitor from the system.
  • Recovery from reversible inhibition depends on the removal of the inhibitor from the system, whereas recovery from irreversible inhibition requires the synthesis of fresh enzyme

They further suggest that prostate growth is controlled by a feed-forward mechanism by which formation of trace amounts of dihydrotestosterone induces 5a-reductase, thereby increasing dihydrotestosterone synthesis and triggering a positive developmental cascade.
Yeah it's saying that while the drug is in the system, the effects can't be reversed. Once the drug has exited your system you're no longer inhibiting the 5a enzyme and the process continues. Otherwise we'd be able to take 1 week of finasteride and achieve 60% reduction of DHT in perpetuity.

This is not the same use of irreversible that people would associate with the use of a drug.

polishkickbuttowski

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Because T could damage the hair as well (still an Androgen), like DHT, if you are very sensitive/prone to androgens in general. There are lot of stories from members mentioning that after they introduce Duta into their treatment protocol, their hair became much worse than it was before (plus stories from people on TRT, if you search you will see what I mean). That's why some members are trying RU for example, to combat Testosterone as well, apart from DHT alone (Finasteride/Dutasteride). Thank you.
What did you think 5ar inhibitors do? Its not like a rise in T is a weird side effect, its directly the result of 5ar inhibition. Ru or cb are good options as anti androgens.

GRme11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What did you think 5ar inhibitors do? Its not like a rise in T is a weird side effect, its directly the result of 5ar inhibition. Ru or cb are good options as anti androgens.
Of course! I didn't say otherwise. 5AR inhibitors most of the times increase the T and E as well. I talked about what could happen with the extra T which occurs, as a result of DHT inhibition. Thank you.

Gold24

My Regimen
Reaction score
So Im just after getting my final booodwork markers back for this experiment. Here they are:

96FF3C69-D521-42D8-98BD-FD714339B46E.png

98573823-F64F-4A00-8FC0-A02F6D3A3BD7.jpeg
7F0E3700-D8FE-4C0B-AE40-652363831348.jpeg
0B23A5AD-C0C1-45D5-AE8F-A1D65BF14E20.jpeg
So as can be seen my results are pretty much in line with other results we have seen so far. After 3 months of using a very high dose of topical dutasteride (12.5mg topically/2.5ml of 0.5% parati liposomal) every week my DHT was reduction was 27.5% from baseline. Although this shows a clear build up, I don’t think this was a huge decrease considering the dose I was taking. I should also note that the test was taken 7 days after my last application, so my DHT would have had a little bit of time to recover after my final application.

in terms of sides I can’t really reveal anything because I never recovered from sides before starting despite my DHT returning to baseline at 5 weeks off Finasteride.
In terms of improvement, I definitely maintained, but previously I was using finasteride orally for 8 months and it already improved my hair so i can’t really use this as a marker either.
I think the obvious plan of action now will be to let the duta clear out of my system and try again with a reduced dose of 0.1%.

Finally, I’d just like to encourage anyone that is trying topical dutasteride to actually go and get these tests done because results will vary from individual to individual I.e my DHT had less of a reduction in 3 months of weekly usage of 0.5% then a guy on discord (fightingthehairloss) in 1 month using 0.25% -27.5% reduction vs 29%. So trying to figure out what dose you will need based on other people’s tests won’t really work everyone’s absorption rate will be different. But overall, looking good. A very high dose with not a huge reduction in DHT over 3 months. Best of luck to everyone else trying this

EDIT: Just to clarify, the “10 days off finasteride” marker is blood work done 10 days after I stopped oral finasteride.

Last edited:

TanDoc

My Regimen
Reaction score
As well as MAA, looks like there is a place called "Strut" now offering topical dutasteride prescribed. Any reviews on them?

TanDoc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have a lot of questions about them such as volume (mL) of what they're selling, formulation (alcohol or liposomal?), final prices/options, etc.

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
So Im just after getting my final booodwork markers back for this experiment. Here they are:

View attachment 159273
View attachment 159274View attachment 159275View attachment 159276 So as can be seen my results are pretty much in line with other results we have seen so far. After 3 months of using a very high dose of topical dutasteride (12.5mg topically/2.5ml of 0.5% parati liposomal) every week my DHT was reduction was 27.5% from baseline. Although this shows a clear build up, I don’t think this was a huge decrease considering the dose I was taking. I should also note that the test was taken 7 days after my last application, so my DHT would have had a little bit of time to recover after my final application.

in terms of sides I can’t really reveal anything because I never recovered from sides before starting despite my DHT returning to baseline at 5 weeks off Finasteride.
In terms of improvement, I definitely maintained, but previously I was using finasteride orally for 8 months and it already improved my hair so i can’t really use this as a marker either.
I think the obvious plan of action now will be to let the duta clear out of my system and try again with a reduced dose of 0.1%.

Finally, I’d just like to encourage anyone that is trying topical dutasteride to actually go and get these tests done because results will vary from individual to individual I.e my DHT had less of a reduction in 3 months of weekly usage of 0.5% then a guy on discord (fightingthehairloss) in 1 month using 0.25% -27.5% reduction vs 29%. So trying to figure out what dose you will need based on other people’s tests won’t really work everyone’s absorption rate will be different. But overall, looking good. A very high dose with not a huge reduction in DHT over 3 months. Best of luck to everyone else trying this

EDIT: Just to clarify, the “10 days off finasteride” marker is blood work done 10 days after I stopped oral finasteride.

You dht is still pretty high at 0.85, what is you plan ? Using it twice a week ?

xodusspy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Good Evening, decided to contribute to this thread here.

I am 19 years old, i will be starting 0.1% dutasteride gel from strut health soon. planning on blood test as well.

i currently take biotin 10,000mcg, 1000mg saw palmetto, oral castor oil, with Zix starting soon. NO minoxidil. i will be removing sp once i start.
any advice will be appreciated. will post pics of my current baseline.

Attachments

• IMG_6192.jpg
    IMG_6192.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_6193.jpg
    IMG_6193.jpg
    235.7 KB · Views: 185

Tazman2206

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're absolutely right.. he's a troll and quite a sh*t one at that. Comes onto a forum to call everyone liars lol what a life. View attachment 145324
Hey Guys,

I agree with all of you guys on stopping negativity and trying to show diplomatic skills at all time. Come on ! We are in this together.

Now thank you Mustang I really appreciate your post. These have really helped confirmed my gut feeling on systemic absorption.

Now I tied the WhatsApp group but I think it’s dead. I just wanted to share my experience.

I had full recovery with diy topical lipogaine/Dutasteride. October 2020-jan2021

Then I tried topical min/finasteride/ RU at 5% concentration so 3G in 60 ml pf/ethanol
and I experienced almost within 2 week a massive telogen effluvium. EXACTLY like
losingbattle88 !!!

It’s interesting he shared this information.

Trial n Error

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I agree with all of you guys on stopping negativity and trying to show diplomatic skills at all time. Come on ! We are in this together.

Now thank you Mustang I really appreciate your post. These have really helped confirmed my gut feeling on systemic absorption.

Now I tied the WhatsApp group but I think it’s dead. I just wanted to share my experience.

I had full recovery with diy topical lipogaine/Dutasteride. October 2020-jan2021

Then I tried topical min/finasteride/ RU at 5% concentration so 3G in 60 ml pf/ethanol
and I experienced almost within 2 week a massive telogen effluvium. EXACTLY like
losingbattle88 !!!

It’s interesting he shared this information.
Thanks for sharing your experience. Just to clarify, I have a few questions (apologies if you’ve already explained, but didn’t find anything) -

1) Do you mean full recovery of your hair loss or from side effects from your diy topical Dutasteride/ lipogaine?
2) If the former (of above), did you have any side effects from topical dutasteride?
3) What was/is your topical dutasteride dosage?
4) Did you switch to or add topical min/finasteride/RU? Why?

Thanks in advance :)