Topical Dutasteride Case Assessment Thread

fadedsun88

My Regimen
Reaction score
The fact that these issues still remain despite not taking any dutasteride for almost 3 months tells me that it probably isn't the increase in T. Any dutasteride should be out of my system by now, I would assume?

I'm going to try topical dutasteride and drop my oral finasteride dose to 1x weekly. If that fails I will either have to accept the bald and quit it all or just take an extended finasteride break to normalize my system and try again in 6-9 months. I've actually already come to terms with the hairloss even though id rather hope for continued maintenance, but if I have to let it go, it is what it is. It's the uncomfortable feeling and scalp itch that's really starting to bother me.
I too have been experiencing lots of shed and diffuse thinning with scalp itch. However one thing to note this has happened once every few years when my body hair starts growing in places it never did before, like back and upper arms which maybe could be a spike in DHT.

A break sounds like a good idea for you. Good luck brother

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
I too have been experiencing lots of shed and diffuse thinning with scalp itch. However one thing to note this has happened once every few years when my body hair starts growing in places it never did before, like back and upper arms which maybe could be a spike in DHT.

A break sounds like a good idea for you. Good luck brother
Sounds about right, does it go away for you on its own?

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah no matter what I do its just a hormonal thing. After a few weeks it subsides- Sometimes ill use zyrtec which helps a lot and or high quality fish oil
I'm assuming this could be a thing for me too. I've been under insane stress for the same time period due to work, covid and family things (and obviously because of my hair too). My hormones are probably going through some crazy changes.

mm682

My Regimen
Reaction score
1. Do you have a public Telegram channel? That could increase attention and research, because more people can get reached. Discord links do expire and not everyone has access.

2. Please give a new link for the discord channel. I know you may get this asked often. I want to do research and look for a safe solution. I got gyno and shrinked testicles from oral finasteride. 7 months since I stopped taking it.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
1. Do you have a public Telegram channel? That could increase attention and research, because more people can get reached. Discord links do expire and not everyone has access.

2. Please give a new link for the discord channel. I know you may get this asked often. I want to do research and look for a safe solution. I got gyno and shrinked testicles from oral finasteride. 7 months since I stopped taking it.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
By the way my temple is nearly fully grown back at the cost of acne on my cheeks. They keep leaving hyperpigmentation marks too so it's hard to stick through. I would have probably dropped dutasteride if it didn't cause regrowth for me

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Got a friend with diffuse frontal thinning who just started Dutasteride Mesotherapy 0.05% monotherapy. (No orals nor other topicals)
2mm dermapen, 2ml, once a week.

He has given me permission to share his pictures so this should be interesting. These pictures are before the first application with and without flash

Maybe I'll start a new thread of Dutasteride Mesotherapy only?

Attachments

• image_6483441 (1).JPG
    image_6483441 (1).JPG
    141.9 KB · Views: 237
  • image_6483441.JPG
    image_6483441.JPG
    178.4 KB · Views: 247

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Got a friend with diffuse frontal thinning who just started Dutasteride Mesotherapy 0.05% monotherapy. (No orals nor other topicals)

He has given me permission to share his pictures so this should be interesting. These pictures are before the first application with and without flash

its not even recommended to go as deep as 2mm once a week. more like once every 2-3 weeks. the skin needs time to heal and if you disturb the healing process it will cause scarring. your friend is quite the moron.

fadedsun88

My Regimen
Reaction score

That would be great i will contribute too.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
By the way my temple is nearly fully grown back at the cost of acne on my cheeks. They keep leaving hyperpigmentation marks too so it's hard to stick through. I would have probably dropped dutasteride if it didn't cause regrowth for me
how often do you apply the dutasteride a week? is it once a week? and how many MGs per application? no derma stamp used? by the way the acne indicates that the dutasteride is possibly going systemic for you? or you rubb your forehead on the pillow and the duta gets on your face? explain how this could happen..

Last edited:

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
its not even recommended to go as deep as 2mm once a week. more like once every 2-3 weeks. the skin needs time to heal and if you disturb the healing process it will cause scarring. your friend is quite the moron.

All clinics in Spain (with great success) and In Belgium recommend once a week for the first month of treatment and decreasing from the 5th application onwards to twice a month.

I guess all surgeons and trichologists running this protocol with success in Europe must be morons but you are the enlightened one.

You are quite remarkable.

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
oh wait, everybody who is dermarolling once a week and has had good results, including Derek from More plates more dates is also .... your guest it, a moron!

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
All clinics in Spain (with great success) and In Belgium recommend once a week for the first month of treatment and decreasing from the 5th application onwards to twice a month.

I guess all surgeons and trichologists running this protocol with success in Europe must be morons but you are the enlightened one.

You are quite remarkable.
well money talks.
oh wait, everybody who is dermarolling once a week and has had good results, including Derek from More plates more dates is also .... your guest it, a moron!
well if you want scarring go ahead its not my scalp.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score

haha you really watch that roid head more plates more dates? he is just in it for the money he cant be trusted. and neither can you, everybody here knows you are a shill and a liar and keep changing your stories. so piss off!

mm682

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you show before/after pictures please?

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Master List of Logical Fallacies (utep.edu)

Please check #15

The Argument from Ignorance (also, Argumentum ad Ignorantiam): The fallacy that since we don’t know (or can never know, or cannot prove) whether a claim is true or false, it must be false, or it must be true.

Can i please suggest you stay in your lane and share objectively?
And can I please suggest you stay infront of a train ASAP! f*****g butthurt smartass!