Topical Dutasteride Case Assessment Thread

bucksins6x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is this too much redness for needling? I do it three days apart of each application btw. Will this make it go systemic

Attachments

• DACDE057-019F-444E-8C6D-164FF1D0A7E0.jpeg
    DACDE057-019F-444E-8C6D-164FF1D0A7E0.jpeg
    78.9 KB · Views: 129
  • 7941002F-4A39-4180-8A16-2980215797C4.jpeg
    7941002F-4A39-4180-8A16-2980215797C4.jpeg
    88.9 KB · Views: 140

MrKmass

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For information, topical dutasteride has been available today on minoxidilmax.

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
haha you really watch that roid head more plates more dates? he is just in it for the money he cant be trusted. and neither can you, everybody here knows you are a shill and a liar and keep changing your stories. so piss off!

Thank you for your enlightened argument. It is beyond my capabilities to debate at such a high standard.

Thanks for your contribution to the thread Newton. Your input is invaluable to all of us.

Now please, if you don't mind, contribute or get out. You are wasting this space with your ignorant posting.

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
It might be that topical dutasteride is a good counter to persistent cases of thinning. Some people respond very well to finasteride and a reduction of their serum dht. Others need a more targeted approach to the hormones produced directly from the follicles

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
well money talks.

well if you want scarring go ahead its not my scalp.

eeeeeee, it's a fixed price.... MORON.

If you go in once a month, 4 times a year or the suggested protocol which is 4 times on the first month they charge you the same fee

Scar tissue because of dermarolling at 2mm once a week....

Jesus Christ. IDIOT!

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
All clinics in Spain (with great success) and In Belgium recommend once a week for the first month of treatment and decreasing from the 5th application onwards to twice a month.

I guess all surgeons and trichologists running this protocol with success in Europe must be morons but you are the enlightened one.

You are quite remarkable.
What clinics in Belgium?

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
some trivia - when I tried derma rolling, there is a point near the front of the head that triggers sneezing.

couple of reddit users also report it...!
I never needle without first putting a box of tissues within reach. I find it very annoying.

321nickname123

My Regimen
Reaction score
I learned today that Minoxidilmax (producer of a.o. Essengen 6 Plus, Maxogen etc.) is now also offering a topical dutasteride, see;

It is a 0.2% topical dutasteride solution. I'm genuinely curious to hear the opinion of you guys. Are the ingredients used good?
And would applying it 1-2x a week (instead of daily) be sufficient given dutasteride's long half-life?

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Steal sanics hairline

-use topical dutasteride once a week so it doesn't build up

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score

If you go in once a month, 4 times a year or the suggested protocol which is 4 times on the first month they charge you the same fee

Jesus Christ. IDIOT!
I have read that if you dermaroll too often with long needles and dont give it enough time to heal and roll again before the skin had a chance to fully heal itself from the tiny wounds then yes you can cause MICRO SCARRING. jesus you are so f*****g ignorant. there are even people that say their hair gets thinner after needling on hairloss forums. im just warning my fellow balding men except for you, cause you are an a**h**.

Last edited:

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is this too much redness for needling? I do it three days apart of each application btw. Will this make it go systemic
three days apart is too often to needle man you will cause scarring if you keep this up you need the skin to fully heal up first before you roll again.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score

Jesus Christ. IDIOT!
I never said anything about the price u idiot im saying those surgeons just wanna rip you off, they dont care about your safety, "money over safety"
therefor "money talks" which means money is more important to them than your safety.. you seem to have comprehension problems.

notoriousone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Steal sanics hairline

-use topical dutasteride once a week so it doesn't build up
Do you know the half life of a single dose? I have a intellectually intensive job and can't have brain fog (which I had on finasteride) for weeks on end. Any help on dosing for my specific situation would be great to minimize brain fog sides.

GRme11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I believe that one of the most worrisome parts, regarding Dutasteride, is the huge increase to scalp Testosterone->http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.319.7620&rep=rep1&type=pdf

“Scalp testosterone levels significantly increased in all active treatment groups compared with placebo, increasing by 23%, 39%, 99%, and 222% with 0.05-, 0.1-, 0.5 and 2.5-mg dutasteride, respectively, and 23% with finasteride.”

“ Scalp DHT concentrations in the dutasteride groups were also significantly suppressed compared with placebo in a dose-related manner. As with serum DHT, the 0.1-mg dutasteride and finasteride groups showed a comparable degree of scalp DHT suppression (32% and 41%, respectively). Scalp DHT decreased by 51% with 0.5-mg dutasteride and by 79% with 2.5-mg dutasteride.”

(It's about the oral route, but I guess topical, would yield the same effect? And even if T it’s not binding as strong as DHT to the AR receptor, this huge rise is still scary. Maybe if it’s used once a week, due to the great half-life, it would be possible to avoid these spikes on scalp T.)

FluxZ

My Regimen
Reaction score
this supports my suspicions
i have some abiraterone on the way, and if it doesn't make my solution stink like spironolactone did (sulphur), we'll see what happens...

also remind that these things are irreversible inhibitors... not your osteopath's vitamin tablets...

dutasteride (Avodart), an oral synthetic 4-azasteroid, is a potent, selective, irreversible inhibitor of type 1 and type 2 5alpha-reductase (5AR)

abiraterone acetate, an irreversible CYP17A1 inhibitor

apalutamide (also known as ARN-509) is an orally available, selective and irreversible AR antagonist

no reason to scare people with words like "irreversible" mate.

Duta binds to 5ar and block it till the 5ar turnover (a week more or less, but the build-up after multiple doses makes turnover not so fast due to long duta half-life) Same story for abiraterone and enzimatic turnover of CYP17A1. Apalutamide is a different story, it binds to AR and blocks androgens binding as long as u use it (with lower affinity for AR than DHT).

notoriousone

My Regimen
Reaction score
no reason to scare people with words like "irreversible" mate.

Duta binds to 5ar and block it till the 5ar turnover (a week more or less, but the build-up after multiple doses makes turnover not so fast due to long duta half-life) Same story for abiraterone and enzimatic turnover of CYP17A1. Apalutamide is a different story, it binds to AR and blocks androgens binding as long as u use it (with lower affinity for AR than DHT).
Would you be able to have a study or opinion on how much of one single topical dose of dutasteride would result in sides for just a week? I am trying to get my dosing right as I cannot have prolonged sides due to work and my propensity to brain fog

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Would you be able to have a study or opinion on how much of one single topical dose of dutasteride would result in sides for just a week? I am trying to get my dosing right as I cannot have prolonged sides due to work and my propensity to brain fog
This is literally impossible to determine. Even in a large scale trial they don't test for "sides in one week". Try it for yourself and see if you get sides. If you do, stop.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
this supports my suspicions
i have some abiraterone on the way, and if it doesn't make my solution stink like spironolactone did (sulphur), we'll see what happens...

also remind that these things are irreversible inhibitors... not your osteopath's vitamin tablets...

dutasteride (Avodart), an oral synthetic 4-azasteroid, is a potent, selective, irreversible inhibitor of type 1 and type 2 5alpha-reductase (5AR)

abiraterone acetate, an irreversible CYP17A1 inhibitor

apalutamide (also known as ARN-509) is an orally available, selective and irreversible AR antagonist
Irreversible? It reverses as soon as you stop taking the drug...otherwise why would we be popping finasteride daily?